Match Thread ** Rangers v Falkirk - 16:15 Sunday 4th March - Sky Sports **

A good win. We were very good middle to front, but missed opportunities and were shaky at the back at times. We'll need to be better next weekend. It would obviously help if Murphy and John were fit.

I’d ag
My take today for what it's worth.

A stroll, good result but we will need to up our game next Saturday and for the Semi if we are to beat the yahoos. I believe if we do, we WILL win on both occasions.

Today's plus marks: Obviously Cummings for his treble, my MOTM was Candeias. Tavernier was excellent and Halliday played well too.

Morelos had possibly his worst game I've seen him play in a Rangers shirt? But is still a MUST starter for the Beasts from the east next week.

Onwards and upwards - let's get into this bassas in 6 days time!
I agree with your comments on Candeias and Morelos.

Tell you what, I'm no fan of Andy Halliday but I thought that apart from a couple of misplaced passes and one sadly nostalgic falling-over-after-losing-the-ball routine --- he was at least adequate.

It's maybe damning with faint praise I know, and I realise that this was Falkirk, but I was impressed by his general attitude and often willingness to get up and down the left side.

I'd still see him leave us, but he's gone up a notch in my estimation.

It was colder, just home and going for a shower to try and heat up...

DXJ7jRUWsAAhbqb.jpg

My take today for what it's worth.

A stroll, good result but we will need to up our game next Saturday and for the Semi if we are to beat the yahoos. I believe if we do, we WILL win on both occasions.

Today's plus marks: Obviously Cummings for his treble, my MOTM was Candeias. Tavernier was excellent and Halliday played well too.

Morelos had possibly his worst game I've seen him play in a Rangers shirt? But is still a MUST starter for the Beasts from the east next week.

Onwards and upwards - let's get into this bassas in 6 days time!
We won’t win next Sat...cos it’s Sun.

Just rewatched the game yesterday.
1 Tav was yet again immense yesterday and I love the relationship he has with CAndieas. It is absolutely instinctive.
2 For a guy playing out of position Andy Halliday played really well. several good blocks, a great tackle to dispossess the guy on the touch line and an assist for the second goal. I still want DJ back for Sunday but that's mostly about Andy's lack of pace which I fear Forrest would expose
3 Alfie didn't have his shooting boots on today but his link up play was still really influential and on numerous occasions he played great passes to setup others. CUmmings is a more natural finisher but his link up play is not as good and I worry that someone so one footed can be more easily boxed out.
4. Greg Docherty covers so much ground and uses his body really well but what's impressing me most is his ability to break forward and firstly see, then play the crucial pass. I think he's growing in confidence every week and I'm really excited about how good he could be.

Time for bed and sweet dreams of Sunday. long time since I've said that in the run up to a game against the dark side.

Just watched the game back. Nothing to add that hasn’t been said already other than David Weir was awful on commentary. Boring and dour.

Back