Match Thread ** Rangers v Falkirk - 16:15 Sunday 4th March - Sky Sports **

I'd be tempted to drop Windass for him. He seems to be a different player at Ibrox.
That probably wouldn't be a bad shout but I think dropping Cummings would be a massive mistake. His finishing ability is excellent. Can pick a goal out of very little and quickly.

Not at our best but let’s get it out of our system now before beast fc, choices for me are for next week:-
Martin & Bates with Alves on the bench!
If John fit,he plays, if not Halliday plays.
If Murphy fit, he plays, if not Cummings plays!
Morelos to start up front!

Do we have any suspensions for the semi? At the match, I thought Tavernier was booked just before Falkirk scored, but could be wrong about who the ref actually booked.

Do we have any suspensions for the semi? At the match, I thought Tavernier was booked just before Falkirk scored, but could be wrong about who the ref actually booked.

Cummings was the only Ranger booked - stupidly - today. Just before Falkirk scored Muirhead got booked for punching Bates in the nuts. Yes, you did read that correctly - he got booked.:eek::rolleyes::( Should have been a red.

Halliday is a decent option for LB...

I’ve never been his biggest fan but I’m starting to change my mind. His attitude has been fantastic since he came back - grateful to be given a second chance and does his best wherever he plays.

Obviously, next Sunday is a step up and if he has to play there he’s going to need a lot of help from LM tracking back - same way Candeias does down the right. It WILL be exploited as a weekness.

Outstanding performance today it was a constant attack, should have scored a good few more which would have been justified... all in all a great result, great performance and bring on the rattlers next week ... WATP

Tavernier was outstanding, Cummings with a hat trick, Docherty impresses again...

Freezing cold day, hangover, not the most entertaining of games but could and should still have been 7 or 8.

Semi final and still in with a chance of winning.

Job done.

Halliday did well today, didn't see any of his usual nonsense, just did the sensible things. Whilst it was only Falkirk I'd have him before Hodson.

This is true but Cummings should not be dropped.

Murty has just given himself two headaches now… he didnt have certainly before St Johnstone game.

Do you put in Murphy if he is still carrying a knock and drop hattrick man Cummings?

And for the sake of the team do you restore Martin to partner Bates …which for me with Foderingham back is our strongest line of defense?

Just for the record…I’m not greedy … …I suppose …I’d grudingly settle …now……for the ‘double’ at the end of the season

Morelos must start next week. He had a poor one today as did Goss but you don't upset balance based on one poor match.

Windass or Cummings looks to be the decision for Murty assuming Murphy makes it.

Cummings will get the headlines, but today was another very impressive performance from young Docherty. He's not the finished article by a long way, but he has got all the ingredients to be a top player.

If Murphy is fit then I don't see any one other than Cummings dropping out.
I really do see Cummings as a more dangerous player around the box. Morelos scores a lot but he misses a lot. Cummings generally just seems to score most of his chances. I don't think it would be a great move. Also, Morelos' attitude has been a bit up and down of late - I am not sure I'd risk him in the Celtic game.

Cummings throws ball on the ground =yellow
Bates get punched in the balls =yellow
Am I missing something?

Not long back from the game.
Great performance and my boy loved his first Ibrox visit.

First time I've sat in the Family Stand and I'm very impressed with it. Great entertainment to take the focus away from the freezing weather.

Just wish Morelos would have tucked away one of his sitters. The wee man was desperate to see him score today.
Think Cummings might have taken his favourite player title away now! :cool:

Cummings will get the headlines, but today was another very impressive performance from young Docherty. He's not the finished article by a long way, but he has got all the ingredients to be a top player.
I agree, Docherty put in some shift today.

He’s a class act. Much more skilful than I thought and incredibly strong. The number of tackles he shrugged off today was very impressive.

So tempted to miss the game today due to the weather. Safe to say I'm delighted I made the effort.

For the first time since we've come back up we are making routine victories in to routine victories. Not only that, we are doing it in some style.

Our left side has been decimated with John and Murphy missing but in steps Halliday with an assist and Cummings with a hat trick.

We really are on the verge of something special. This season might be a bit too early but it's coming.

My take today for what it's worth.

A stroll, good result but we will need to up our game next Saturday and for the Semi if we are to beat the yahoos. I believe if we do, we WILL win on both occasions.

Today's plus marks: Obviously Cummings for his treble, my MOTM was Candeias. Tavernier was excellent and Halliday played well too.

Morelos had possibly his worst game I've seen him play in a Rangers shirt? But is still a MUST starter for the Beasts from the east next week.

Onwards and upwards - let's get into this bassas in 6 days time!

Back