Match Thread Rangers v FC Ufa - 19:45 Thursday - RangersTV.tv - UK & Abroad

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
XTuFEKv.png

Last edited:
I'll go with 2-0 to Rangers, just landed at Palma, so I'm not going but I got my family tickets in the GW area!

Thought this was better in here, instead of a thread on its own.
I did this in the wee hours to pass the time as my youngest was waking up every half hour, it was slightly time consuming and I was tired, so I chose only to go back to after the break up of the USSR.
Taking that into account:
We have played 10 games against Russian opposition since the break up of the USSR.
Won 6.
Drawn 2.
Lost 2.
60% win ratio.

Zenit St Petersburg
(Uefa Cup Final)
0-2

CSKA Moscow
(CL qualifying round 3)
1-1
1-2

Dynamo Moscow
(UEFA Cup 2nd round)
3-1
4-1
Anzhi Makhachkala
(UEFA Cup 1st round)
1-0

Alania Vladikavkaz
(CL qualifying round)
3-1
7-2

CSKA Moscow
(CL Group)
0-0
1-0

USSR
Dynamo Moscow
(Cup Winners Cup Final)
3-2

Last edited:
We have played 10 games against Russian opposition.
Won 6.
Drawn 2.
Lost 2.
60% win ratio.

Zenit St Petersburg
(Uefa Cup Final)
0-2

CSKA Moscow
(CL qualifying round 3)
1-1
1-2

Dynamo Moscow
(UEFA Cup 2nd round)
3-1
4-1
Anzhi Makhachkala
(UEFA Cup 1st round)
1-0

Alania Vladikavkaz
(CL qualifying round)
3-1
7-2

CSKA Moscow
(CL Group)
0-0
1-0

Always hated Russian teams. Were Victoria Zizkov not Russian? Still gives me the shivers that name. :(

We should Anhialate them tomorrow night. No quarter given.

Always hated Russian teams. Were Victoria Zizkov not Russian? Still gives me the shivers that name. :(

We should Anhialate them tomorrow night. No quarter given.

Just checked, they are a Czech team.

I'm confident we'll get through this if we are as passionate, respectful and professional as we have been.

Watched them against Progres and I thought they were a poor side, don’t want to get over confident but I can see us killing this in the first leg.

Another big match this early in the season. I would hope we can put this to bed on Thursday and give some of the players a bit of a breather for the games coming up.

£7.49?! :O Sheesh

Can't wait for this one, was hoping we'd be home second so I could be there at the moment we qualified for europe again, but hopefully we as good as qualify tomorrow night

I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm cautious because Ufa play in a good league and finished quite well up in it. I don't expect them to be mugs.

I see a lot of folk going for the big win....

There is no doubt that Maribor are a better outfit than Ufa and even Osijek are more technical.

The Russians will come here and sit in.. I would be surprised if they had more than 3 shots on target. They were rotten against Progres and only went through on away goals to a poor Domzale team.

I think from the off we will be all over them tomorrow but don't think we will win as comfortable as people think. They don't concede a lot of goals against better teams and rely on defending and try sneak a narrow win.

2-0 to Rangers, 2 goals to come in the second half.

Will be a much tougher game than people on here think.

They finished 6th in Russia and have International players in their team - they're not mugs.

They'll also sit in and deny us space - we will have to break them down and it could be an exercise in patience. We need to stick by the team and drive them on like we did last round against Maribor.

We're within touching distance of the group stage now but with the final hurdle comes increased pressure and nerves.

We're close but we're not there yet.

One last big effort and one more good European win required to get us over the line.

3-0 to the Glasgow Rangers,feel width is the answer here,sad jamies out,feel arfield and alfie will be among the goals,clean sheet please Rangers.

I was slightly worried after hearing Coulibaly is out but i'm feeling more confident after reading this.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...steven-gerrard-ex-russia-boss-boris-ignatyev/

Former Russia boss Boris Ignatyev believes Steven Gerrard’s side will wipe the floor with Ufa

He said: “Ufa will be physically exhausted because of their recent schedule.

“They have played five games in 15 days and that’s far from ideal.

“Having to travel to Moscow, play on Monday, hang about and play in Glasgow a few days later was madness.

“They can’t recover physically and mentally from that. All the experts tell you that.

“It doesn’t help they are playing a team like Rangers, who have a powerful support. I don’t think Ufa will react well to this. They are not used to it.

“It may be a difficult night in Glasgow, but I think they have hardly been helped by the scheduling of games.”

I will settle for a clean sheet and a two or three goal lead. I hink we will be OK with any lead, I'm confident we can protect a two goal lead but absolutely sure three will see us through.

Will be a much tougher game than people on here think.

They finished 6th in Russia and have International players in their team - they're not mugs.

They'll also sit in and deny us space - we will have to break them down and it could be an exercise in patience. We need to stick by the team and drive them on like we did last round against Maribor.

We're within touching distance of the group stage now but with the final hurdle comes increased pressure and nerves.

We're close but we're not there yet.

One last big effort and one more good European win required to get us over the line.

Every stage we progress to, people are expecting easy victories. I think we will win on Thursday and qualify, but it wont be a walk in the park. It will be an amazing achievement to reach the groups.

I was slightly worried after hearing Coulibaly is out but i'm feeling more confident after reading this.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...steven-gerrard-ex-russia-boss-boris-ignatyev/

Former Russia boss Boris Ignatyev believes Steven Gerrard’s side will wipe the floor with Ufa

He said: “Ufa will be physically exhausted because of their recent schedule.

“They have played five games in 15 days and that’s far from ideal.

“Having to travel to Moscow, play on Monday, hang about and play in Glasgow a few days later was madness.

“They can’t recover physically and mentally from that. All the experts tell you that.

“It doesn’t help they are playing a team like Rangers, who have a powerful support. I don’t think Ufa will react well to this. They are not used to it.

“It may be a difficult night in Glasgow, but I think they have hardly been helped by the scheduling of games.”

After reading this I am even more confidant, I think 4 or 5 is possible as these guys will be nackered. This will allow us to rest up some players before the visit to the Harbour people.

Walked by them in the airport earlier and would say they looked far from a professional football team.

Walked by them in the airport earlier and would say they looked far from a professional football team.

Well they are one and they're obviously not poor otherwise they wouldn't have finished 6th in Russia last season.

The last thing we need now is to underestimate this team and end up on the end of a defeat.

They've looked poor in their recent games but they are Russian. So they will not be easy.

I'm hoping we win 3-0. Let's not give an away goal away this time.

Ufa looked dire against progres . And they played in Moscow Monday so had a trek home then and another trek to Scotland today. At least 4 0 to the bears

Buzzing for this tomorrow, 4-0 Rangers. Morelos x2, Lafferty and Barašić to score. Tunes on now and they game aint even until tomorrow night!

Absolutely buzzing for tomorrow night, will be heading up straight after work.
Rangers 3-0 Katic and Alfredo with a brace.

We're gonna score a minimum of 3, I just know it.

Had a wee look on the site there, 107 tickets left for tomorrow. Get them bought!

I'd be absolutely ecstatic if these 3-0, 4-0, 6-0 predictions came true but I genuinely worry there's too many in our support getting too cocky going into this.

Grasshoppers in 96
Gothenburg in 97
Victoria Zizkov in 2002
Kaunas in 2008
Unirea Urziceni in 2009
Progres Neiderkorn in 2018

How many upsets do we need to be on the wrong end of before some of the support realise there are no easy games in Europe?

We're not good enough, quite frankly, to go into any European game thinking it's going to be a walkover.

We didn't slam 6 goals past Shkubi so I'm not quite sure where the belief we're going to slam 6 past a stronger team comes from.

I'm confident we can win tomorrow night but the team will need to work for it and we, the support, will need to play our part.

The atmosphere was brilliant last round vs Maribor - particularly 2nd half - genuinely the best it's been for a good few years. We need another night like that tomorrow.

Ufa looked dire against progres . And they played in Moscow Monday so had a trek home then and another trek to Scotland today. At least 4 0 to the bears

Not that it makes a massive difference but they stayed in Moscow then headed straight here.

We have played 10 games against Russian opposition.
Won 6.
Drawn 2.
Lost 2.
60% win ratio.

Zenit St Petersburg
(Uefa Cup Final)
0-2

CSKA Moscow
(CL qualifying round 3)
1-1
1-2

Dynamo Moscow
(UEFA Cup 2nd round)
3-1
4-1
Anzhi Makhachkala
(UEFA Cup 1st round)
1-0

Alania Vladikavkaz
(CL qualifying round)
3-1
7-2

CSKA Moscow
(CL Group)
0-0
1-0
I'm no expert, but I can recall at least one other European tie Rangers have played against Russian opposition.

I'm going back 46 years, to be fair, but I'd have thought it's a stat you'd want to include... :eek:

Back