Match Thread Rangers v FC Ufa - 19:45 Thursday - RangersTV.tv - UK & Abroad

Dominated the match, the second goal just wouldn't come,UFA will need to come out next week which will suit us,I think we will score next week?

Deary Me we played well and won WTF is peoples problem on here??
Ref total nightmare was so so bought and paid for.
Middleton MUST get more game time he's terrifying and Ejaria is growing every game.

Ok should have got 4 IMO but a bent ref what can U do!!

No fear going over there as they are all weightlifters and the worst team we have played as yet.
On to Sunday and that certainly was a good dress rehearsal but players will need rested. Could defo do with a new CH to rest our Berlin Walls!

Last edited:
One nil at home can never be anything but a good result.

Not the thrashing we all wanted but from what i saw tonight i would be suprised if we a) lose 2 nil to that team or b) that team score more than 2.

Work to be done but we will be favourites.

What we can moan about is the ref. He was just bizarre tonight. Would be checking his bank account.

Their goalkeeper looked like he was allergic to footballs. We need to start shooting from the edge of the box a lot more

You don’t think we controlled the game.

That’s not criticism, that’s just plainly incorrect
again i ask and you havent responded, so i will put in quotes for you " what do you mean by controlling a game of football" and in what way could that differ to mine

Aye, he was absolutely garbage tonight. Not seen the exact card count, did we end up with more yellows tonight?
Think it was 3-2 against them but like you say how it ended up that way %^*& knows.

They were fouling all match repeatedly and never booked , Goldson has one foul that's borderline and straight into the book , Lafferty similar, a fucking farce.

C'mon Rangers, give
it now appears, that to criticise what was a pretty ordinary performance against, and dare i say it, the worst team i have seen for a long time in a european qualifier attracts your not on the SG train rants, ffs guys get a grip!

Think it's more that you're just coming across as a greetin faced fukin throbber.
We were beaten by a much worse team last season.

are you asking me to name one or is it a rhetorical question
Maybe you should have worded your post the same way as the one you have just agreed 100% with! instead you jump in looking like a mentally challenged trying to wind folk up.

Their goalkeeper looked like he was allergic to footballs. We need to start shooting from the edge of the box a lot more
he kept them in the game in the first 15 mins with 2 outstanding saves from distance, its close in he cant handle.

For a team who have practically no experience in Europe we are doing not bad eh? A back 4 and a keeper who didn't know each other 3 months ago have lost very few goals. A midfield who have been solid and coped with numerous injuries and a striker who will rattle defenders all season and how many games have we lost? This team might not be the perfection a lot of folk want it to be but it is miles ahead of where it should be. Funny thing is we all moaned that winning is what matters and what have we know? We ain't winning by enough!! It's great to have the old shi*e back it really is:D

People underestimated the Russians they were always going to be tough and harder to play against with that 5-3-2 they play with.

Thought we stood off them too much in the second half, just didn’t get things going in the final third. Thought Kent was poor, Middleton looked lively.

Ejaria was very good tonight pleased with him. Disappointing not to get another goal but we didn’t concede that was the main thing.

Referee was absolutely diabolical, my head is thumping shouting at the lady's front bottom. What is it with us and referees ?

Have to disagree don't think Kent was poor got the ball ran at the defence it was his burst that won the corner for our goal. He rinsed the defence Middleton took over and went at a tired defence the two of them will be important this season now Murphy is out

Playing in Europe is pretty bizarre,the last two opponents in Osijek and Maribor were far superior teams to the Russians,the Russians came here with a game plan to shut us down by defending the way they did,object of the game plan to keep the score as low as possible or get a draw,yes winning 1-0 and a clean sheet is good,but i think the Russians will be the happier of both teams.

I have absolutely no idea how they will play at home,but they won't sit in the way they did tonight,some might think that will be good for us as it will leave them more open,but we have to be creating a lot more chances and taking those chances,that was a very frustrating match to watch tonight,lots and lots of possession,sideways,forwards and backwards without really creating anything.

Bizarre in that after coming through 3 rounds of qualifying and the last two teams being very good,you would expect the final qualifyer to be against a much harder team than the 3 previous opponents,the Russians looked a very ordinary team and nowhere near the same quality of Osijek or Maribor.

It will be a nervy second leg with millions at stake and the Russians will know that also and the reason we might just see a very different team from tonight.

I would also have started Middleton tonight as he's much more direct and quicker than Kent,Kent just doesn't do it for me.

Not our best performance but clearly we’ve had a lot of football. Still won. Still kept a clean sheet.

Confident for next week.

We obviously can't sit on a 1-0.
We need to score and preferably first which would take the wind out their sails.

Ufa are rank, absolutely rank.

It wasn’t our best performance tonight but we were good enough and, let’s be honest, should’ve had one or two more goals.

I’m nervous ahead of next week but if we play how we all know we can then I think we’ll be fine.

UFA were poor, with a nervous keeper, and we tried to keep walking the ball into the net with an extra touch which played right into their hands. I still reckon a second Rangers goal would have opened the floodgates.

Have to disagree don't think Kent was poor got the ball ran at the defence it was his burst that won the corner for our goal. He rinsed the defence Middleton took over and went at a tired defence the two of them will be important this season now Murphy is out
Kent was our best attacking weapon by far, Middleton done well when he went on, cant say any others stood out as an attacking force, Alfies miss from the Goldson through ball in the first half sums him up perfectly except he didnt get the chance to make amends this time.

A really good solid performance, comfortable from start to Finnish.
Another goal or two would have been nice but we should Finnish them of next week when they have to open up a bit

A really good solid performance, comfortable from start to Finnish.
Another goal or two would have been nice but we should Finnish them of next week when they have to open up a bit
has anyone read the reports on how these guys play home and away, they DONT attack, they sit back and look to counter, dont see their tactics in the return gan]me being too different from tonights, maybe ion the last 15 if its still 1 nil they may go all out, but other than that dont underestimate the challenge ahead

Very flat performance with Uga being the 3rd weakest team we’ve played in the Europa qualifiers.

That said I’d take a clean sheet away from home every time and I think we’ll play better away with them having to come out, they done what they intended, to frustrate Rangers and with the added advantage of the polish Beaton they’ve won a watch tonight

I thought we were excellent tonight. We could have done with that second goal but we controlled the majority of the game. I had Ejaria as MOTM at half time and full time and was happy to see that Peter Lovenkrands agreed. Kent was giving them problems coming inside and turning them with his quick feet, and then of course young Glenn Middleton came on for him and was ripping them apart wide on the left. All in all a really strong showing from the team. Just that bloody second goal. Oh well! We didn't expect to be here this early on in the season, so I'm going to remain positive. We're a better team than them and can beat them in Russia.

Frustrating game as they defended so deep and had 3 huge centre halves that gave us very little in the way of chances.

An ok result but still leaves us a lot to do. An away goal kills the tie and I'm confident we can get it but will certainly be nervous viewing!

Well 1-0 is a bit of a reality check after the 5/6/8 nil thumpings (hopefully tongue -in-cheek) predicted earlier :) Apart from a couple of minutes at the end of each half we never looked likely to give anything away against a super-defensive and well-drilled side. Ejaria was terrific in possession and Katic & Goldson were both very solid. I think it was a good performance overall.
I'm not sure how Ufa will play it next week but I doubt it will be very different. A clean sheet takes us through and we know how to get it. I'm going for 0-0 over in Russia.

We have too many fans who think that we are up against poor opposition. UFA have had to win as many games as us to get where we are. Does not mean they are a top quality side which they are not but it does mean they know how to win.
I expect us to get through but is will not be easy. From what hear septic were up against so called rubbish but could only manage a draw and hopefully might lose at home. All I am saying is that at this stage of the competition there are no easy teams but with hard work and a solid defence then we will be in the group stages.
I would like to see us getting some goals from midfield.

Fair play to UFA, they came to defend and executed their tactics very well. They won't be too disappointed with a 1-0 defeat. I didn't see the quality in UFA that Osijek or Maribor seemed to possess. None the less they did show that tactically they are able. They had a little help from the referee too.
It's still a good win for us, we're in control of the tie and UFA will have to be more adventurous at their home ground. If we score over there it'll make it extremely difficult for UFA.
90 mins away for Europa League qualification, and very happy with the team's performances.

has anyone read the reports on how these guys play home and away, they DONT attack, they sit back and look to counter, dont see their tactics in the return gan]me being too different from tonights, maybe ion the last 15 if its still 1 nil they may go all out, but other than that dont underestimate the challenge ahead

Don't know a lot about them to be honest mate. But in no way do I underestimate them.
Judging by tonight's performance we're a much better side and hopefully can get a result and progress to the group stages.

Ufa weren't rotten imo. Defensively they were the most organised team we've come up against in the qualifiers.

It remains to be seen if they've got anything going in the opposite direction. I expect it to be pretty tense and close next week, but very winnable.

agree we are better side by far and as such should be more ahead going into the second leg
Don't know a lot about them to be honest mate. But in no way do I underestimate them.
Judging by tonight's performance we're a much better side and hopefully can get a result and progress to the group stages.

What did the 1st penalty shout look like on TV? Penalty or not?

As for the second one I am sure the Ufa defender handballs it and then the dumb ref gave a foul against Lafferty.

Back