Match Thread Rangers v FC Ufa - 19:45 Thursday - RangersTV.tv - UK & Abroad

A wasted opportunity tonight. They're one of the worst European sides ever to appear at Ibrox and we tried to walk the ball into the net with too many touches. The last thing we need before the Piggery is needing to win over there, which I reckon we'll need to do.

We, quite literally, do not need to win over there... A draw will do... We could even go through with a defeat ;)

what happened to to 5-0 result so many on here said we would get, and dont blame the ref, we have been distinctly lacking in the final third

I never predicted a daft score in our favour, but the referee allowed a team full of cynical wanks free reign to do as they wanted.

Two 'Stonewall' penalties denied, one because the Ufa player handled the ball...not big Laff ! Yellow, after yellow ignored... Two Ufa defenders, for me, should have gone for persistent fouling. The big forward too, an utter wank, constantly bending the rules.

We were not allowed to play in the final third mate.

A little disappointing in the end.

We still lack a bit of quality in the final third and miss too many chances. We also struggle to get goals from our wide men and midfielders which means we rely too heavily on Morelos.
With all due respect. Pish.
That team had what? 2 shots on goal? 1 dangerous chance?
They sat in the way St Mirren or Motherwell would.
And are a class or 2 above.
If you have 11 of their quality (not great, but they'd take 4 off Motherwell) defending for their lives, wasting time.
You score 1 and have 2 stonewall penalties and a dodgy offside go against you, you can hold your head up high.

Besides that ref being one of the worst ever, he's borucs cousin apparently, I thought we were very average even poor in parts tonight, what a chance to put a few past a sh1t keeper, too many blocked crosses especially from tav, cutting edge was poor overall, too slow build up play, lack of shooting trying to walk the ball into the net, subs put on far too late for me but the plus side defence very solid again, going to be a tough second leg hopefully a stronger ref.

overall a good performance. i think another step up from last time. apart from 5 minutes out the 90 we didnt look like losing a goal, midfield was good, morelos was a threat.

points to improve on though, a shot instead of a pass we still need to be better in choosing which, someone to head the ball from the crosses.

a decent ref for once. how they didnt get at least 5 other bookings i dont know. does putin or one of his pals own ufa?

Struggling to comprehend how a referee at European level can be so fucking clueless. Should of had two penalties. Man is a disgrace. We should be comfortable. Complete arsewipe.
2 clear as days penalties the one on Middleton %^*& knows what he gave. They have 20 fouls before a card laff first foul carded utter shambles

The real positive as far as I am concerned was that we did not lose an away goal. I always think the first leg at home is a very nervous occasion as an away goal can kill you.

This ^^^

Huge plus point not conceding a goal tonight.

We weren't bad.

Up against a side that sat in with no interest in going forward, completely controlled the game.

If the referee had found his cards for persistent fouls and given at least one (possibly a second penalty too) we'd have been out of sight.

But I suspect a score line of 3 or 4 nil would have upset you even further.
nothing you just stated has refuted my point, love the last para must be a poet is that the insinuation you go to when you cant argue your position

A win in Europe is a big plus. We kept a clean sheet. We did ok. Not brilliant, and I thought we were a bit nervy. The Russians were neat and tidy. Saying that, I expected more from the midfield in the second half. It didn't happen. I would have liked to see Ejaria and Arfield with more guile in and around the penalty box. No lethal passes, so we have to be happy with 1-0. I still think we will go through.

Only 'British' team to win in Europe tonight.

Let's play up the positives and carry on.

A wasted opportunity tonight. They're one of the worst European sides ever to appear at Ibrox and we tried to walk the ball into the net with too many touches. The last thing we need before the Piggery is needing to win over there, which I reckon we'll need to do.
you need to edit... a draw and we're through :)

agree 100% its the final third we are lacking, really miss Coulibally for me
We won, we dominated. Our defence was solid and organised. Kent played well, Ojaria is getting better each game.

Decision making in the final third is a concern and we need to improve on that.
Flanagan had a good game but he kind of makes our back 4 imbalanced because we are trying to play with 2 attacking fullbacks who can create and cause problems going forward. He doesn't really do that, defends well, rarely gives the ball away but not creative going forward.

Middleton needs more game time, he is constant threat when on. Just runs at players and they hate it plus he has the pace to do it.[/QUO

Anyone who bothered to read the link posted in the week previewing UFA knew this was going to be a difficult, stuffy tie. UFA are a defensive minded team, good GK, solid and organised at the back but limited in an attacking sense. They have conceded something like 18 goals in their last 20 games against the top 4 teams in Russia.

6 weeks ago no-one expected us to make the groups.... as it stands we have every chance of doing just that in 7 days time.

Never really in any danger tonight and we are more than capable of going over there and scoring,they will have to come out a bit more as well and I don’t think there keeper is all that good either

They were woeful and full of cheating cnuts but i can't help feel a bit disappointed. That tie could have been over tonight. Clean sheet, Ejaria and Middleton were big positives for me.
That ref needs to be reported though, utterly incompetent or corrupt as fcuk. I'd imagine the sfa are head hunting him as we speak.
We definitely need a creative midfielder who can shoot though and another wide player.

nothing you just stated has refuted my point, love the last para must be a poet is that the insinuation you go to when you cant argue your position

If you do not want to be accused of such, stop acting like them. Your Faux attitude is not working, get yourself away over to your own team's forum, you can cheer on the well-earned draw you got Hahahahahahhaa

They were much more defensively organised than Maribor but not as good going forward.

Ref let them kill the game with constant fouling. And what were the foul throws all about?

Just walking home from the game and thought I'd have a peek at the forum. Clear to see this place is infested with poets tonight. Back tomorrow.

We're coming for you, ya 19th Century Terrorist scumbags

Struggling to see why people are so upset, then I realise it’s FF :D

An away goal and it’s game over. Even if we don’t, we kept a clean sheet against a far, far superior Maribor team.

Middle to front we are quite poor at the moment. It still isn't working properly. I struggle to see us score over there judging by how we have approached previous away games. fear a horrible 90 minute defensive job.

Would like to see Middleton get a bit more game time. I like Kent, but Middleton seems to have a better end product and gets in some great crosses that Lafferty will thrive on. Maybe better not start him on Sunday though given Motherwell's normal game plan.

Ok a second goal would have been god but we’re still in the driving seat to qualify. Last season we would have taken this prospect with open arms.

Untitled.jpg

We played well against a very frustrating team. They put 11 men behind the ball and space was hard to come by. Most important thing tonight was a clean sheet. 75% chance of going through imo.

Back