Match Thread Rangers v FC Ufa - 19:45 Thursday - RangersTV.tv - UK & Abroad

I thought we were excellent tonight. We could have done with that second goal but we controlled the majority of the game. I had Ejaria as MOTM at half time and full time and was happy to see that Peter Lovenkrands agreed. Kent was giving them problems coming inside and turning them with his quick feet, and then of course young Glenn Middleton came on for him and was ripping them apart wide on the left. All in all a really strong showing from the team. Just that bloody second goal. Oh well! We didn't expect to be here this early on in the season, so I'm going to remain positive. We're a better team than them and can beat them in Russia.

Exactly , if someone had told me pre-season Rangers would have made it through 7 Euro matches undefeated I'd doubted their sanity , It's fantastic the progress we've made

Mixed feelings.

I've been worried about this game all week. I'm absolutely desperate for us to get into the Europa League proper and to fall at the final hurdle would be a sickener.

I've felt all week tonight was a huge potential banana skin for us. I'm glad we got the win but I'm not sure 1-0 on it's own will be enough. I think we might need an away goal. An away goal next week and they need 3. Them not getting an away goal tonight is big.

I thought Goldson was immense.

But I have to say I've been genuinely surprised by the complacency, overconfidence and arrogance from some on here this week regarding Ufa. Predictions of 5, 6-0, etc. You would have thought it was Cowdenbeath we were playing tonight.

Some are still at it now!

As I've been telling you all week. They're a more than competant side and we need to be at it to beat them. Defensively, you can see, they're much better than Maribor and Osijek were. The organisation is far superior. They have a lot of height and athleticism in their team. We struggled to break them down.

Call me cynical but given the history of Russian athletes - particularly ones from the arse end of Russia - I wouldn't be surprised if they were on all sorts of P.E.D's. They certainly didn't look like a team who played Monday night when they were still racing around the pitch in stoppage time.

Playing in Russia is never easy; the travel time, a plastic pitch. And the fact they're dodgy cunts. I hope we're taking our own food and water with us.

One last huge effort required next week.

Just in from the game, thought we looked tired tonight.

I think we'll score over there but we need one or two more in to give more options.

I suspect there will be a few changes for the Motherwell game.

lets be honest they are pretty bad, i think our lack of pace, particularly in the 1st half made them look a lot better than they are

They're clearly not.

They're the best team defensively we've came up against this season.

The Russians have been underestimated something rotten on here all week and, bizarrely, some still seem to be making the same mistake despite the fact they limited us to one clear chance in 90 minutes at Ibrox.

It wasn't our best game but I'm happy with the lead and a clean sheet.
We will have to play better over there as I think they will be a better team on their home patch.
I'm confident we have the right manager and players to get the right result over there.

Poles hate the Russians.

Stallin wasn't too keen on them and murdered a big number of them during WWII.

He was just a shite ref tonight!

Exactly because we never stopped Stalin from doing so. The pols are Russian friendly now because Russia is one of the only majority white Christian countries left and they share the same values.

Remember the CIA's false flag when they assassinated the Polish government on that plane to get the the Polish to turn back towards the E.U? They were turning towards Russia because of what the E.U has done to their country. Of course the Poles never fell for it and defended the Russians. Ask any Pole who killed their government? The Russians or the western deep state cabal.

Think it’s job done, but said that with the Progess mob:eek:
Watched in the Ibrox bar in Marmaris excellent turnout.
2-0 or 3-0 and they have a mountain to climb,given it's only a very narrow lead the Russians know they aren't out of it just yet,I also don't want us going over to Russia and trying to hold on to a 1-0 lead and encouraging them to attack us,we should play the way we did tonight and try and score and kill the tie off,then defend more,defending a 1-0 lead is very dangerous.

They're clearly not.

They're the best team defensively we've came up against this season.

The Russians have been underestimated something rotten on here all week and, bizarrely, some still seem to be making the same mistake despite the fact they limited us to one clear chance in 90 minutes at Ibrox.
yep they have been underestimated on here, thats because we are getting a bit carried away as to how good we are so early in the season, but that aside, they are not very good and we should be more up going into the second leg but for some lacklustre play in the final third

We can be confident going over there however this team are no mugs ,personally thought they passed the ball well and defended well ,i will be so gutted we get this close and don’t make it ,we are potentially looking at this game next
week as the £5m - £10m game as per potential Europa league money ,we have to go through ,I’d hate to travel thousands of miles lose the tie ,out of Europe and then face the filth a few days later ,it’s imperative we win .

It’s another win and another clean sheet,if they are to beat us they will have to play very very well ,if we score it’s game over

I think this mob will sit back at home too. They don't have the type of players to retain the ball and keep attacking us, they like to counter.

Will be more of the same next week other than the fact they have no choice but to take more risks. That'll open things up for us to score.

yep they have been underestimated on here, thats because we are getting a bit carried away as to how good we are so early in the season, but that aside, they are not very good and we should be more up going into the second leg but for some lacklustre play in the final third

We're a much improved side from last season so I get people talking us up but feck me far better Rangers teams than this couldn't take games for granted in Europe.

Yet suddenly it was like we just needed to turn up tonight and we'd hammer them.

It was utterly bizarre.

You could feel that entitlement in the stands tonight as well I thought - the atmosphere was nowhere as good as last round vs Maribor - and the frustration grew amongst the crowd when it became clear it was going to be a much harder night than some thought.

My annoyance is that people somehow convinced themselves this was going to be a piece of piss tonight and I felt that seeped into the atmosphere tonight which didn't help the team.

Next week will be a tough game. Tight, nervy and we may well end up having to defend very deep to get the 0-0.

Some stats from tonight

Rangers

CORNERS
DANGEROUS ATTACKS
TOTAL ATTEMPTS
ON TARGET
OFF TARGET
BLOCKED
DISCIPLINARY
code_1.svg
code_2.svg

UFa FC

CORNERS
DANGEROUS ATTACKS
TOTAL ATTEMPTS
ON TARGET
OFF TARGET
DISCIPLINARY
code_1.svg
code_2.svg

I lived in Prague for a year.

OK it’s not Poland but they both lived under Russian rule.

They fucking hate Russians.

I have worked on and off for over 5 yrs in Poland they do not hate Russia or Russians. They hated the communists but have much more in common with Russia today than the most European countries.

I have worked on and off for over 5 yrs in Poland they do not hate Russia or Russians. They hated the communists but have much more in common with Russia today than the most European countries.
They don’t even like being called Eastern European.

Ask any of them they will consider themselves Central European.

There is absolutely no love lost between them.

Mixed feelings.

I've been worried about this game all week. I'm absolutely desperate for us to get into the Europa League proper and to fall at the final hurdle would be a sickener.

I've felt all week tonight was a huge potential banana skin for us. I'm glad we got the win but I'm not sure 1-0 on it's own will be enough. I think we might need an away goal. An away goal next week and they need 3. Them not getting an away goal tonight is big.

I thought Goldson was immense.

But I have to say I've been genuinely surprised by the complacency, overconfidence and arrogance from some on here this week regarding Ufa. Predictions of 5, 6-0, etc. You would have thought it was Cowdenbeath we were playing tonight.

Some are still at it now!

As I've been telling you all week. They're a more than competant side and we need to be at it to beat them. Defensively, you can see, they're much better than Maribor and Osijek were. The organisation is far superior. They have a lot of height and athleticism in their team. We struggled to break them down.

Call me cynical but given the history of Russian athletes - particularly ones from the arse end of Russia - I wouldn't be surprised if they were on all sorts of P.E.D's. They certainly didn't look like a team who played Monday night when they were still racing around the pitch in stoppage time.

Playing in Russia is never easy; the travel time, a plastic pitch. And the fact they're dodgy cunts. I hope we're taking our own food and water with us.

One last huge effort required next week.

Outstanding post, only point is they rested half the team on Monday for tonight.

It’s difficult to score a lot of goals against a team who aren’t interested in playing football.

Their only tactic tonight was to haul Morelos down every time he got close to scoring.

Also pleased to see he didn’t respond, although I think he did one of the times, but that was probably the 4th time without the referee booking them for it

It shows how far we have come when we are a bit disappointed with a victory.

It's difficult to break any team down that is well organised nowadays and expect us to be compact next week.

No away goals lost so far. Same again please

Not long home. Was surprised we didn't really try to press them for any prolonged period tonight. Would have been interesting see how they coped with that. We stood off them a lot more than we've done in other games this season.

That aside, I thought we were comfortable. But we severely lacked a cutting edge tonight. They had done their homework and made it hard for us to get down the flanks at them. Would like to see Middleton given more game time. Faster, more direct, left footed and whips in a cross better than Kent.

A bit flat tonight. Maybe just the excitement, effort, nervous energy, injuries, etc all just caught up a little this evening. We're still in a great position to go through though. Score one over there and its dead, there's no way that team are putting 3 past us.

Edit - was really pleased with Ejaria tonight. Thought he kept it more simple and straightforward in the deeper areas, and at the same time used his quick feet and ability to go past players to open them up a bit in the final third. His best game for us so far I think.

They don’t even like being called Eastern European.

Ask any of them they will consider themselves Central European.

There is absolutely no love lost between them.

The fact that the Poles are threatening to leave the E.U because of the forced immigration of Muslims into their country. The Russians want and will remain a white Christian country which is what the poles want, unlike the rest of the European countries. So there is no love lost between them? Ok! we will agree to disagree.

Funny how global immigration is all one way and into two areas, quite telling.

I thought too many of our players under-performed tonight; maybe they played the occasion and felt the pressure of the tie. Hopefully we have a chance of a goal next week and go through; that will be hard though.

The fact that the Poles are threatening to leave the E.U because of the forced immigration of Muslims into their country. The Russians want and will remain a white Christian country which is what the poles want, unlike the rest of the European countries. So there is no love lost between them? Ok! we will agree to disagree.

Funny how global immigration is all one way and into two areas, quite telling.
We voted to leave the EU.

Italy will probably also vote to leave the EU, that doesn’t make them or us any closer to Russia.

We voted to leave the EU.

Italy will probably also vote to leave the EU, that doesn’t make them or us any closer to Russia.

Agreed we voted to leave the E.U, why? Will we be allowed to leave? Italy will leave the E.U. The fact that Russia is a white christian country with christian values and want to keep their culture which is what we Brits, Italians and Poles want. Which is opposite to what the E.U have planned. Sharing the same values brings people together.

UFA were poor, with a nervous keeper, and we tried to keep walking the ball into the net with an extra touch which played right into their hands. I still reckon a second Rangers goal would have opened the floodgates.

My biggest gripe, us trying to walk the ball in from the edge of the box. Shoot ffs.
We should get through comfortably, cant see them ever scoring.

Not long home. Was surprised we didn't really try to press them for any prolonged period tonight. Would have been interesting see how they coped with that. We stood off them a lot more than we've done in other games this season.

That aside, I thought we were comfortable. But we severely lacked a cutting edge tonight. They had done their homework and made it hard for us to get down the flanks at them. Would like to see Middleton given more game time. Faster, more direct, left footed and whips in a cross better than Kent.

A bit flat tonight. Maybe just the excitement, effort, nervous energy, injuries, etc all just caught up a little this evening. We're still in a great position to go through though. Score one over there and its dead, there's no way that team are putting 3 past us.

Edit - was really pleased with Ejaria tonight. Thought he kept it more simple and straightforward in the deeper areas, and at the same time used his quick feet and ability to go past players to open them up a bit in the final third. His best game for us so far I think.

Sorry if already covered earlier in the thread but what was up with Jack's top tonight as it was missing the crest and the Hummel motif.

Some of the negative comments on this are unreal. We once again were solid in defence and played a team who pretty much parked the bus all night. They are gonna have to come out next week and win the game and we will have more space attacking wise. Confident of scoring over in Russia. P.s the ref was shocking.

Ref was garbage but I'll take that result. They were pretty well organised defensively but they will have to open up over there and we will score. One more game and we're there. Come on Rangers.

Pinch the first goal over there and it practically kills the tie.
We were in command in every area of the pitch,although they were a well drilled,defensively minded team.

Poles hate Russians? What a lot of nonsense. I work in Eastern Europe with hundreds of them and they love each other, in fact those 2 nationalities are closer than any of the others.

Poles hate Russians? What a lot of nonsense. I work in Eastern Europe with hundreds of them and they love each other, in fact those 2 nationalities are closer than any of the others.

The Russians came in after World War II - The Iron Curtain - and treated the Poles like shit.
I know a lot of older Polish people who detest them.
It may be different with the current generation.
Anyway, back to the fitba ;-)

After a night of reflection I still we were flat going forward, our work rate was again excellent but we just lacked the final pass or shot, Jack and Arfield guilty of being on the edge of the box and not shooting in particular. Jack was again excellent though. Ejaria was very good and was unlucky with a few final passes but special praise again for Katic and Goldson, absolutely fantastic again.

I don’t think we’ll ufa come out much and we’re good enough to sit and wait. I can see the same score line in Russia to Rangers

Exactly because we never stopped Stalin from doing so. The pols are Russian friendly now because Russia is one of the only majority white Christian countries left and they share the same values.

Remember the CIA's false flag when they assassinated the Polish government on that plane to get the the Polish to turn back towards the E.U? They were turning towards Russia because of what the E.U has done to their country. Of course the Poles never fell for it and defended the Russians. Ask any Pole who killed their government? The Russians or the western deep state cabal.
And a team from Glasgow is denied a penalty because uppermost in the ref’s mind is that the CIA killed the Polish government? Wow - that’s a fuukin stretch by anybody’s imagination.

We won with a clean sheet, in a Euro tie that nobody would expect to be in yet we have people desperately trying to make out its a bad result?!

We huffed and puffed the whole game last night but a clean sheet and a goal to the good will do.
They were a hard team to break down and will be the same over in Russia but will need to open up a bit. Go over there and get an early goal and we’re through.

Back