Match Thread Rangers v FK Shkupi - 19:45 Thursday 12th - BT Sports

Amazing what happens when someone with a left foot is played on the left.

Hopefully Sadiq is a player as Morelos as a 10 will be a far more effective player.

Hate when they allow teams to waste time and let them away with it. 2 minutes passed before Tav scored, then they made a sub. 6 1/2 minutes minimum and possible 7. Ref blows at 95:08. Rewarding time wasters.

:rolleyes: Tav has created just about everything, on another day where we could hit the target with a free header from 6yards out he would have 5+ assists

Not his, our collective poor performance.

Also he is still a honking defender and still shown in this game and will see us exposed in critical games this season due to his eagerness to attack

We see it on the individual match threads too our support is very much bipolar, with no middle ground. Everyone is either a world beater or utter shite.

They’re mental.

Home support turned faster than milk tonight too, superb early on but from the minute they hit the bar it was quiet and there were groans and it all seemed to transfer over to the pitch too as the players become more and more nervous.

Last edited:
Hate when they allow teams to waste time and let them away with it. 2 minutes passed before Tav scored, then they made a sub. 6 1/2 minutes minimum and possible 7. Ref blows at 95:08. Rewarding time wasters.

I agree. It is really a problem with the game in general. A simple way to change it would be to have a stop clock whenever ball is not in play. Stops timewasting completely.

Defensively , Goldson is a total standout. Nothing got past him all night. His reading of the game is premiership quality. He stopped a ton of attacks where last year we would have shat the bed.

As for Middleton - what a player. A strong lad who isn't easily knocked off the ball.

Ejaria reminded me of Oduwa a little. He looks a player.

We are still gelling and were rusty tonight, still should have scored more with chances we had

Happy with the result, but not chuffed with the performance. Lots of work to be done, but at least we have a 2-0 advantage.

They parked the bus, we'r a new side, frustrating but signs are good, work needed aye but LETS GO!!!!!

Early early doors we will. Improve.

Need to watch Tav defensively and we can’t play windlass wide.

I suspect the 3 subs may start the next game.

Another observation is that Jack played a lot further forward than he has done ever before he is also wearing no8 leads me to believe gerrard sees him as a further forward type midfielder.

I like the look of Goldson & thought Flanagan looked assured if not a little one dimensional going forward. 2-0 is just below par I'd say. Step it up in weeks to come and see where it takes us.

Thank god for the second goal, didn’t think it was a penalty but we were denied a blatant one minutes before.

Overall, yet again we struggle to convert chances or have a sense of urgency. Windass and Morelos were really poor tonight, Windass is not a winger and Morelos cannot head a ball to save himself.

Overall a very frustrating watch. That mob are very limited but it would have been really nervy to travel there with a 1-0 lead, even though 2-0 isn’t what we would have expected.

Will take that, I can see us getting an away goal and being quite comfortable.

I thought individually we had some very good performances. Goldson is on a different planet to what we have had at centre back over the last few years. Tav, Flannigan, Ejaria and Middleton also did well.

We are understandably nowhere near clicking as a team. I dont see Windass lasting long under Gerrard, especially with Middleton looking a better option already

2-0 with ninety minutes to go...early goal and this mob are done.

Too many of you getting angry. It's our first competitive game of a new regime with possibly another three or more players to come into the squad along with the African lads. The team will settle, and certain players will come onto a game.

GIVE IT TIME. We won, but could do better...Gerrard, his backroom team and his signings need time and patience, give it to them.

Well, it wasn't vintage but let's be honest - it's still pre-season and we could have won 5-0 or 6-0.

Middleton looks like a real find btw.

I think it’s safe to say that performance has brought a lot of fantasists crashing back down to Earth with a bang.

Makes me want to throw up reading these stupid, 4 5 6 or 7-0 predictions, if that's your point?

There are some complete mysteries in the support.

Would have taken 2 nil before the match happy with that, Happy with the defence and on that showing The Manager will know there is more work to be done especially up front where only Murphy really stood out for me until Middleton came on

They looked nervous. A bit disappointing. Most of these players first competitive match for us so was not to surprising. Thank god we got the second goal and kept a clean sheet. My only concern is they will fancy their chances in the second leg based on this performance.

Back