Rangers v FK Shkupi (QR1) / FC Petrocub Hîncești or NK Osijek v Rangers or FK Shkupi (QR2)

Yeah I’m going to be in Germany for work that week so likely make an easy trip from Munich :)

That’s great for you, ya selfish b@stard. :D

What about this poor (unt who’s struggling to see anything remotely attractive that doesn’t require a week off work. :D

Forgive me here if iv missed something, is there a reason why I haven't seen anyone use this airport for Skopje?

Anyone know when the official club travel is likely to be announced. I’ve held off booking flights as I’ll need to do a day trip, or 2 day trip at a push

Just booked Luton to Skopje Tuesday to Thursday.
Was cheaper getting flights and hotel through Wizz than buying the flights singularly!!!!!..
WATP and always will be

My youngest son and I will likely see you on the return flight LL - we are wizz air as well - landing at Luton 8am ish.

How have you secured the taxi mate? Its just that we arrive at 00.40hrs on the Monday?

Given the size of the National Stadium - I dont think there will be a problem with tickets for the Rangers end - most of the ground will be ours I would guess. Usually there are neutral areas as well when there is spare capacity which I would expect. ;)

Booked the taxi to pick us up from Skopje airport when we land on the Tues due at 13.10 to take us straight to our Hotel Astera and pick us up from there at 3am Thursday, back to the Airport for our 6.05 am flight to Luton.

Did it on line when booking our Hotel on booking.com ........only £46 return with a company called Rideways. About 25 mins each way I believe.

Try booking@rideways.com .......that's the e mail I had confirmation of the taxi details from GG. Good luck.

Booked the taxi to pick us up from Skopje airport when we land on the Tues due at 13.10 to take us straight to our Hotel Astera and pick us up from there at 3am Thursday, back to the Airport for our 6.05 am flight to Luton.

Did it on line when booking our Hotel on booking.com ........only £46 return with a company called Rideways. About 25 mins each way I believe.

Try booking@rideways.com .......that's the e mail I had confirmation of the taxi details from GG. Good luck.
£46 for a taxi...ffs
Bus is supposed to be around €5. I saw online a taxi into city centre is around €20. £46 seems a lot!

Last edited:
Just booked Luton to Skopje Tuesday to Thursday.
Was cheaper getting flights and hotel through Wizz than buying the flights singularly!!!!!..
WATP and always will be

If you don't mind me asking Crowthornebear - what was the cost of your flights and Hotel combined package please?

2 of us - We are on those same flights - our total was - Flights £405 each return inc seats booked each way - Hotel £43 each for 2 nights at Hotel Astera and £23 each taxi to take us to hotel and back to airport.

Total £471 each.

Though my Kilsyth pal also has flights to Luton on the Monday night and back to Scotland Thurs am on top of that. Don't know those costs?

I'm guessing, going by when I went on the RFC official trip to Bursapor for one overnight stay at £480 (+ flights from Luton to Glasgow and back) in 2010..............this will be in the region of £600/700 for one night stay to Skopje?

£46 for a taxi...ffs
Bus is supposed to be around €5. I saw online a taxi into city centre is around €20. £46 seems a lot!

Not that much for two of us bobally, pick up and return at airport to hotel and back (picking us up at hotel 3am).......... IMO I'm happy with that..............Taxi from Luton airport to my house (less than 10 miles) is about £30 return minimum. After forking out over £450 for this and over £200 for the Ibrox leg flights and hotel - I'm not worrying about!

By the time you add my beer and ticket money for the 4 days in Glasgow & Skopje - there won't be much left out of a grand - could have a weeks All Inclusive in Mexico for that lol ............wouldn't change it for the world though. European trips was what I missed the most from our nightmare years 2012 - 2017. Lets make sure we have longer in Europe than last year :(

I'm flying Tues - Thurs back same flight as you with my Kilsyth pal. Much dearer flights now £406 each - inc booked seats on the plane.

Hotel Astera great deal though - 2 nights only £43 each.

Also booked taxis to pick up and return to airport/hotel £23 each.

Edit. Ignore. Forgot I asked you earlier mate.

Last edited:
FAO LutonLoyal it’s Kenny from Kirkie here my mate has booked the same flight as you and Duncy he knows him flying to Luton Monday night and then onto Skopje on the same flights as you he might be looking to tag in with you if that’s ok

Mate if me and my sons no going al apply for 2 tickets for you.

Cheers Gramps1 .............alas it doesn't work like that, you need to pick up tickets in the town/city we play in pre match, with Travel Club photographic membership card shown as evidence.

I was in the Travel Club EVERY year until 2012, from the start in 2002 for Viktoria Zizkov game in 2002.

Obviously I'm a non season ticket holder, living in Luton. Naturally had no issue paying more to be a member than season ticket holders and would have no qualms at all about ST holders in the Travel Club having priority on European match tickets...........but to just ban us TOTALLY is all wrong - there are many like me who do not live in Scotland and LOVE seeing us abroad. It won't stop us.........just means going in their end, so not so enjoyable as being with fellow Bears - last year in Luxembourg there were more Bears elsewhere scattered all over the stadium - than in the official Rangers allocated end!

FAO LutonLoyal it’s Kenny from Kirkie here my mate has booked the same flight as you and Duncy he knows him flying to Luton Monday night and then onto Skopje on the same flights as you he might be looking to tag in with you if that’s ok

Nae bother Kenny. Tragic news about Toasty eh :( Great memories of him in Paris and Sheffield, as well as when he came down to Luton for the Emirates Cup v PSG and Arsenal in 2009. Was gutted when I heard on Monday. RIP

Nae bother Kenny. Tragic news about Toasty eh :( Great memories of him in Paris and Sheffield, as well as when he came down to Luton for the Emirates Cup v PSG and Arsenal in 2009. Was gutted when I heard on Monday. RIP

Cheers Alan yes sad news heard earlier on about it yes I remember that great weekend we had in London such a shame tragic circumstances aswell hope your well mate and I will tell my mate to message Duncy on FB

Cheers Gramps1 .............alas it doesn't work like that, you need to pick up tickets in the town/city we play in pre match, with Travel Club photographic membership card shown as evidence.

I was in the Travel Club EVERY year until 2012, from the start in 2002 for Viktoria Zizkov game in 2002.

Obviously I'm a non season ticket holder, living in Luton. Naturally had no issue paying more to be a member than season ticket holders and would have no qualms at all about ST holders in the Travel Club having priority on European match tickets...........but to just ban us TOTALLY is all wrong - there are many like me who do not live in Scotland and LOVE seeing us abroad. It won't stop us.........just means going in their end, so not so enjoyable as being with fellow Bears - last year in Luxembourg there were more Bears elsewhere scattered all over the stadium - than in the official Rangers allocated end!

I don't think we'll have a problem getting tickets amongst Bears. I'll be giving my travel club ticket to my son and buying one out there for myself like you.

It's annoying. Start of the season he is 1 month younger than 16 and he can't join the travel club fit the whole season.

We were both probably standing beside you in Luxembourg last year. :( Awful.

Edit. Ignore. Forgot I asked you earlier mate.

and I replied twice lol sorry.

Been a long,long day..............and fucking expensive one lol - what with the wait to clarify when the games were actually being played - I then booked home and away legs flights and hotels - then it's the English FL fixture release day and I've been busy also organising and booking two Blackpool trips with Luton too.

Sep 21-23 (I believe thats Scots weekend yes?) Blackpool v Luton - Claremont Hotel 2 nts Bed, Breakfast & Evening meal with the Mrs.

Feb 15-17 Fleetwood v Luton 57 of us Hatters Coach party (my 9th one there at the Claremont since 2013) - 2 nts ALL INCLUSIVE £190 per person - Coach from Luton, 2 nights Bed, Full Breakfast, Fish & Chips lunch Sat, DELICIOUS 3 course Evening Meal both nights AND DRINKS ALL INCLUSIVE (until midnight both nights) - Indoor Swimming Pool, Sauna & Jacuzzi - Cabaret both nights Singer, comedian and Disco.

I'm Donald Ducked - Night.

and I replied twice lol sorry.

Been a long,long day..............and fucking expensive one lol - what with the wait to clarify when the games were actually being played - I then booked home and away legs flights and hotels - then it's the English FL fixture release day and I've been busy also organising and booking two Blackpool trips with Luton too.

Sep 21-23 (I believe thats Scots weekend yes?) Blackpool v Luton - Claremont Hotel 2 nts Bed, Breakfast & Evening meal with the Mrs.

Feb 15-17 Fleetwood v Luton 57 of us Hatters Coach party (my 9th one there at the Claremont since 2013) - 2 nts ALL INCLUSIVE £190 per person - Coach from Luton, 2 nights Bed, Full Breakfast, Fish & Chips lunch Sat, DELICIOUS 3 course Evening Meal both nights AND DRINKS ALL INCLUSIVE (until midnight both nights) - Indoor Swimming Pool, Sauna & Jacuzzi - Cabaret both nights Singer, comedian and Disco.

I'm Donald Ducked - Night.

Rest easy fellow Bear for you truly have got a lot to look forward to.

Great stuff Sir.

WATP.

If you don't mind me asking Crowthornebear - what was the cost of your flights and Hotel combined package please?

2 of us - We are on those same flights - our total was - Flights £405 each return inc seats booked each way - Hotel £43 each for 2 nights at Hotel Astera and £23 each taxi to take us to hotel and back to airport.

Total £471 each.

Though my Kilsyth pal also has flights to Luton on the Monday night and back to Scotland Thurs am on top of that. Don't know those costs?

I'm guessing, going by when I went on the RFC official trip to Bursapor for one overnight stay at £480 (+ flights from Luton to Glasgow and back) in 2010..............this will be in the region of £600/700 for one night stay to Skopje?
Total cost for me was 315 euro the flight over was being sold for £320 how the he'll can that be!!!.
In fact packages from Expedia were slightly more expensive so I presume Wizz air could manoeuvre their prices .
Going over on my own so if anyone has a spare seat into the city I would appreciate sharing.
H
Cheers

Aberdeen to Manchester £36 Saturday night
Manchester Thessaloniki Sunday morning £90

Thessaloniki to Manchester Wednesday £85
Manchester to Aberdeen £60

Has anyone actually ever been to Skopje?
Yes, quite a few years ago though. There's a photo up thread of the Alexander the Great statue and that square is where Bears will congregate. Just off the square there is a string of bars including the obligatory "Irish" bar. The city has more statues than any other city I've been to - they went crazy a few years ago building them to stick two fingers up at the Greeks who have a dispute over the name "Macedonia". Both the Greeks and Macedonians both claim Alexander the Great is theirs hence the massive statue which, by the way, has the biggest set of balls on a horse that you'll ever see!

Across the bridge from that square is what's known as the Albanian side of the river and while there are still bars there you'll find it is far more Albanian/muslim. There's a massive Christian/Orthodox cross on the hill overlooking Skopje to remind the Albanians who's really in charge of the country. The team we're playing are Albanian and are known to have a crazy element who will no doubt be looking for trouble. Interesting for a wander but don't go mad. Personally I'd stay with the majority of Bears around the main square. Beers and food will be about a third of the price in UK (check that bars are charging their normal rate and haven't hiked prices up - if they have then move on somewhere else after you've told them to ram it).

If we're playing at the national stadium (Philip II Arena) then it's a 20 minute walk from the main square. It'll be 35 to 40C when we're there. Drink plenty fluids. It should be a great trip both on and off the field :)

I thought the club would think again regarding membership for non ST holders, sadly it hasn’t been the case. The system worked perfectly well before, there was absolutely no need to change it. Fair enough, give ST holders priority, but don’t force non ST holders to sit with the opposition fans.
I love reading about everbodies plans and it never ceases to amaze me how resourceful and creative our support get in order to FF their team. Some of our support could be travel agents with the knowledge and experience they have of finding good deals, routes etc:D

Yes, quite a few years ago though. There's a photo up thread of the Alexander the Great statue and that square is where Bears will congregate. Just off the square there is a string of bars including the obligatory "Irish" bar. The city has more statues than any other city I've been to - they went crazy a few years ago building them to stick two fingers up at the Greeks who have a dispute over the name "Macedonia". Both the Greeks and Macedonians both claim Alexander the Great is theirs hence the massive statue which, by the way, has the biggest set of balls on a horse that you'll ever see!

Across the bridge from that square is what's known as the Albanian side of the river and while there are still bars there you'll find it is far more Albanian/muslim. There's a massive Christian/Orthodox cross on the hill overlooking Skopje to remind the Albanians who's really in charge of the country. The team we're playing are Albanian and are known to have a crazy element who will no doubt be looking for trouble. Interesting for a wander but don't go mad. Personally I'd stay with the majority of Bears around the main square. Beers and food will be about a third of the price in UK (check that bars are charging their normal rate and haven't hiked prices up - if they have then move on somewhere else after you've told them to ram it).

If we're playing at the national stadium (Philip II Arena) then it's a 20 minute walk from the main square. It'll be 35 to 40C when we're there. Drink plenty fluids. It should be a great trip both on and off the field :)

What's best for currency? Some people suggest using and paying in euros then you'll get change in Macedonian Denar others saying take Euro's then convert them to Denar once you get there.

As far as I know Denar is a closed currency and can't be converted in the UK.

What's best for currency? Some people suggest using and paying in euros then you'll get change in Macedonian Denar others saying take Euro's then convert them to Denar once you get there.

As far as I know Denar is a closed currency and can't be converted in the UK.
go night before and kip in manchester airport

Have the kick off times been announced yet?

I see the fixtures are still not published on the UEFA website except for the Gabala v Progres tie.

anyone know if you use the euro is Macedonia or you must got with the denar?

after all leaving from Greece for game

anyone know if you use the euro is Macedonia or you must got with the denar?

after all leaving from Greece for game
Just change enough for booze and food when you get there. Use an ATM and take out enough denars for the day! Let your bank back home deal with the exchange rate, dont use the local rate. They will take Euros but give you change back in denars, so dont be handing over €50 notes!

Just change enough for booze and food when you get there. Use an ATM and take out enough denars for the day! Let your bank back home deal with the exchange rate, dont use the local rate. They will take Euros but give you change back in denars, so dont be handing over €50 notes!

thats ok for me, getting carry out when I get there and any change goes on odd food pre match

Back