Match Thread Rangers v Hamilton - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV.tv

God lift us up where we belong ... top of the league but big improvements needed to stay there one feels.

Going to be a massive transfer window this next one - surely the club has to realise that this is the moment we have been waiting for to really roll the dice.

Next game is massive. We've been shit for the last couple of weeks and Hivs will be on a high after today's result. Add in the fact popcorn teeth always has them right up for it against us and we've got a really tough game.

Time to see if this team has what it takes. No surrender!

No harm to Lafferty, and I’m as patient as you can get with players, but I think if Gerrard has any lingering doubts about whether he can cut it they’d be put to bed today.

Big man was a wee bit unlucky with 1 or 2 but brought absolutely zilch to the team appart from that. For the way we play it’s crucuial the striker can bring others into play and he can’t do it.

Let the fun and games begin. As soon as the final whistle blows these match threads should be deleted. Can always recap the game in the upcoming sell Tav thread or the Not a Gers Captain one.

Morelos plays and that's a 6-0 stroll. Lafferty was very poor.

We looked better with Grezda on the left and Candeias the right, I hope we try that again.

Barisic looked class, he and Grezda obviously have a great understanding. You were begging for Lafferty to attack those crosses into the box from Barisic.

Corners were terrible, I'd have had Middleton take a few after we squandered so many. He had a few assists a while ago from corners didn't he?

Arfield wasn't his best but that's the midfield for me now. McCrorie gives Jack the platform to get forward more, and they both played really well today.

If we had cutting edge, we'd be cruising this league. I'll take a 1 nil but we really need to improve. Sponsors motm McAuley, rtv motm Grezda.
Was I watching a different game?
Jack or Candeias for me.
For me, serious money needs to be invested in middle to front. Lafferty looks a shadow of the player from last season.

Positive result - 3 points in the bag and top of the league. I’ll take that. Wed night will be a tough game, but let’s be positive and hop they come at us, that suits our game.

Lafferty taking some amount of heat on here but he was denied two goals by a lick of paint on the post and possibly the save of the season so far.
He's been nowhere near as bad as some on here are making out!

If we had cutting edge, we'd be cruising this league. I'll take a 1 nil but we really need to improve. Sponsors motm McAuley, rtv motm Grezda.
Jack or Candeias for me.
For me, serious money needs to be invested in middle to front. Lafferty looks a shadow of the player from last season.
Or Barisic

I said in a different thread, that the addition of Davis and someone like Solanke, would give us a real shot at winning the league. Had they both been in the starting XI today, I think it would have been game over by half-time.

Lafferty taking some amount of heat on here but he was denied two goals by a lick of paint on the post and possibly the save of the season so far.
That’s what I thought watching it I have to say.a couple of times in the second half I though he did well in coming short collecting the ball and playing it wide to start attacks

Positives
Top of the league
Barasic
A result
Negatives
We are bereft of quality in the final third.
Cross after cross with no end product
A midfield and todays striker who are not good enough.

At least we get Alfredo back on Wednesday but not hugely confident. Lafferty looks a huge mistake. But we are top of the league soI will worry about that on Wednesday. One thing is sure. Gerrard knows where we need strengthened.

Jack or Candeias for me.

Lafferty is toilet until May :D. Last season was the different one from his career , one in which he actually was a threat.

A win, great to get the points post-Europe but nothing more than that.

Vignal making Grezda MOTM - why? He did nothing, absolutely nothing except flatter to deceive

100% he was unlucky with those, but he offered absolutely nothing else.

Unfortunately he has to be rated against Morelos and if Morelos was there today we’d have embarassed that mob

I thought For seventy five minutes it was a good performance, pressing high and winning second balls,on another day could have scored five but their keeper was tremendous. Ran out of gas in last fifteen and sat back and looked nervous as they knew what was at stake. Weren’t helped by Ibrox half emptying but big three points. We have to play our part in giving this team confidence. If fans were a player we wouldn’t get pass marks today. We are top of the league. Now the test comes to stay there.

Back on the bus god that was a hard watch at times today.
So much possession so many crosses with not much end product.
After 3 minutes I thought we are bagging a few today.
We need to find our shooting boots

Extremely frustrating game to watch and against yet another bottom three team,goal difference is as good as an extra point and we should be increasing it against teams like Hamilton especially at home. Hibs will give us a far harder game on Wednesday and being honest if we play like we did today we'll be coming away from Easter road with nothing.

I'm being honest when I say that I would have settled for any sort of victory today. I will never forget sitting fed up in the stand last season when the Accies gubbed us. That mob dropping 3 points today was a massive bonus and if you had told me this time last week that we would be sitting top today I would not have believed you.

100% he was unlucky with those, but he offered absolutely nothing else.

Unfortunately he has to be rated against Morelos and if Morelos was there today we’d have embarassed that mob
That's why Morelos is worth north of £10m and Lafferty next to nothing.
On any other day Lafferty would have been going for a hattrick today.

If that was a better quality opposition we would have dropped points

Dont act like our lack of goal scoring isn't a problem. Slipped up our last 2 games in the league and cost us going through in europe

That being said I hope we can keep grinding our results till January and being in some much needed quality

Genuine question, do you take any joy from watching us?

Against other oppossition it could have been 3 or 4 to us. See how easy it is to throw out random assumptions with nothing to back it up

I thought that was a decent performance today. A little bit of luck and it could have finished 5/6-0. I thought Grezda and Barisic were our best players.

Back