Match Thread Rangers V Hamilton - Sat 18th November - RangersTV.tv **

I actually feel for Murty. He’s a youth coach flung into a tough situation. Unfortunately I think it’s started to go to his head and he thinks he’s one of the big boys, worthy of consideration.

Worse still is the fans who give him some sort of hero status whenever we win a game. He must have dined out a few times on getting a draw at torbett towers. People are less quick to remember the dismal defeats away to Dundee and particularly Inverness.

He isn’t a football manager and needs to be returned to his usual role ASAP. Clearly our board hoped he could suffice as the cheap option, winning against dross like Patrick Hamilton and Dundee, then make out it was the obvious appointment.
Surely they never seriously considered him even if we had won 6 games in a row, this appointment is crucial.

1st game I’ve been to live this season & it was brutal.

On a side note was amazed how many folk were just getting in & taking their seats when the game had started. Folk round me missed the 1st 10-15 minutes.

These next 2/3 games are going to see us in the bottom half of the table unless something changes for the better and very quickly.

The players we have aren't good enough and try as they may, our present team are unlikely to achieve much. A new manager, from the list that is knocking about, is equally unlikely to change our play significantly to make us contenders. That is the reality. We need some new players, particularly one that can control midfield and knows how to make a killer pass, but I doubt we have the money. Therein lies the rub. It all comes down to finances.

The players we have aren't good enough and try as they may, our present team are unlikely to achieve much. A new manager, from the list that is knocking about, is equally unlikely to change our play significantly to make us contenders. That is the reality. We need some new players, particularly one that can control midfield and knows how to make a killer pass, but I doubt we have the money. Therein lies the rub. It all comes down to finances.
We need a couple of midfielders who can turn a game and a striker, it has to be quality over quantity.

I actually thought we played really well today in parts. Created more chances than we have in several weeks now.

Morelos' finishing was poor, Miller was woeful as usual, final delivery was poor but we were unlucky hitting the bar twice. A terrible error by McCrorie really changed the game.

Murty obviously isn't the man for the job as his changes were awful.
Living in cloud cookoo land my friend if you think we played really well

The pressure of playing in front of full Ibrox is simply too big for our current bunch. Instead of having 40000 fans spurring them on, it simply makes them want to hide.

1st game I’ve been to live this season & it was brutal.

On a side note was amazed how many folk were just getting in & taking their seats when the game had started. Folk round me missed the 1st 10-15 minutes.

They usually miss the last 15 minutes as well - I don't know how some folk fit the game into their busy schedules.

That was a sore one and at the moment things look grim and realistically there's no prospect of topping the league (not that it was very likely even before today!).
At least the January window isn't far away and 3 or 4 departures and the same number of new faces will see us at least take second spot and give something to work on for next season - which will be a big one for us.

Imo there are no players that are leaders and players that can handle and thrive under pressure. Imo this is the two most important attributes required for a Rangers player. Imo we need a managers the understands this. To get beat off of the likes of Accies at home or away shows just how poor the quality of player we have at this moment.

We have spent millions on players that would struggle to get a game for any teams in the top half of this league and if we are being honest with ourselves, know it. Imo the best part of another £10 mill will be needed to cement 2nd place and god know how much to win this league.

lets face it

the squad's atrocious

and we don't even have a manager

over to the Board now, who in a football sense have been absolutely abysmal up to this point

We missed 2 sitters, hit the bar, had 3 cleared off the line and the ball with Windass and Candeias in the box a hundred times without finding a Rangers shirt. Hamilton needed us to create their chances for them.

We weren't great and struggled for ideas after they scored but your post is isnt close to being a reclection of what happened.

This has overtaken Dundee and Inverness as Murtys worst defeat though and forced the boards hand.
i will agree with you mate, I have let my emotions get the better of me with my post. Yes we did create plenty of chances today but how many did we convert? Thats where my frustration comes from. Having thought back we were the better team by mile yet mistakes and not taking our chances fuks us over again!

Apalling result and inexcusable at every level.

Every level is ripping he pish now.

Playing staff, no excuse. An absolute disgrace.

Board. Enough wih the excuses, nothig has ben done in three weeks facilitating the pish that a humiliation such as today brings. We pay we arrive, shut up and leave.

The is no repurcussion.

Disgusting way to treat a support who hasnt deserted. The players and board should but wont be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

I can forgive a lot of things, and I'll be a Bluenose all my days whether I go to games or not , sadly not as much these days, since 2012 our support has blown me out the water, from 50,000 against East Stirling to selling out today, There is no doubt the fans have stepped up to the plate, I hate slagging this board but our manager should be in place by now, regardless of who it is, for me it's DM but I'd be behind whoever gets the job.

No we weren't. Don't talk nonsense.
Am not really talking nonsense though am i. Al admit my post was more out frustration than anything having had time to take a moment and look back at the game. Yes we created plenty chances but yet again we failed to convert any and mistakes cost us dearly. End of the day its the result that counts and thats where my frustrations come from

Ratings

Wes 7 didn’t have much to do, was hung out to dry for goals

Tav 6 - tried hard, worked hard and was defensively solid

McCrorie 4 - did ok apart from their first goal but that was so crucial it lost him 3 points

Wilson 5 - average

Hodson 0 - horrific, sold the second goal that killed the game and spent the game playing windass short passes then blaming him

Candeias 4 - not his best day, but he tried

Jack 5 - ok

Holt 3 - imo we got the holt of the previous 18months to the last few games

Windass 3 - poor but not helped by hodson

Miller 2 - awful, slipping about, not supporting Morelos and generally crap

Morelos 6 - missed chances and was unlucky

Subs
Herrera 2 - tried hard
Harder 2 - tried hard
Nemane 1 - awful, surely it’s time to try Dalcio as the “last roll of the dice sub”?

Murty 2 - poor attitude from the team has to stem from him - subs were ridiculous, 1 down and we take the true goal threat in the team + the midfield were toiling to break them down - needed a Krancjar type to try something different

Central mid our is biggest weakness, we have no one driving from midfield and playing in runners. Everything needs to come wide and we are predictable.

We also lack leaders and winners. There is no one in the squad who can grab the rest of the team and drag them back into games.

Morelos needs a goal more than BBB 1905 needs his hole, and that's saying something.

I just don’t think it was ever going to happen
Even after all the great chances we missed

At 2 nil down

We still hit the bar from 5 yards an I think it was hearra that spun between 6 yards an pen spot ,to hit it straight at the keeper

What an utter embarrassment today was, 0-2 reverse to Hamilton, who were garbage too.

Hard to disagree. I am not long back home from the game and can genuinely say that it is a very long time since I watched a Rangers team play as badly as our lot did today. It was a totally disjointed performance and what disappointed me most was the lack of urgency and fight from some of the players, not least Mr Windass. Morelos did miss two glaring chances, but what I will say for the lad is that he did not hide and was at least seen on the park. Some of his colleagues were not quite as visible.

We badly missed the efforts of Declan John. I am presuming he must have been injured as Hodson should be nowhere near the team. If John was injured then I will excuse Murty that one. What I won't excuse him or any other Rangers manager, however, is playing Kenny Miller in the midfield. He contributed absolutely nothing today and I genuinely despair at the thought of any Rangers manager who thinks Miller is capable of playing there.

The only positive I took from tiday's game was the appearance of Ryan Hardie. I had not seen the lad for a long time and he has physically matured since I last saw him, Although he was only on for a short spell I thought he at least looked like a capable player and I would pair him up front, through the middle, with Morelos.

Finally, we desperately need a manager. If the money us not there to bring in McInnes, go and get McLeish.

Ratings

McCrorie 4 - did ok apart from their first goal but that was so crucial it lost him 3 points

Wilson 5 - average

Hodson 0 - horrific, sold the second goal that killed the game and spent the game playing windass short passes then blaming him

Jack 5 - ok

Subs
Herrera 2 - tried hard
Harder 2 - tried hard
Nemane 1 - awful, surely it’s time to try Dalcio as the “last roll of the dice sub”?

Murty 2 - poor attitude from the team has to stem from him - subs were ridiculous, 1 down and we take the true goal threat in the team + the midfield were toiling to break them down - needed a Krancjar type to try something different
Agree with most of these, but not Windass - doesn't deserve a 3. He was creating a good few chances today, worked hard, and if not for some bad misses or lack of blue bodies in the box, he would have had an assist or 2. I feel we give Windass a hard time if he doesn't score, but he wasn't the problem today, far from it IMO.

A manager is needed now, if There’s no outstanding candidate or one whom the board cannot agree on then let’s get mcleish in now. Give him a rolling contract based on results. Let’s stop fannying about in amateur land and put someone in charge who understands what it means to be a Ranger and can kick these useless bastards arses into shape. If this is not done this week we will lose at Dens. Too many players are shitting themselves out there.

A manager is needed now, if There’s no outstanding candidate or one whom the board cannot agree on then let’s get mcleish in now. Give him a rolling contract based on results. Let’s stop fannying about in amateur land and put someone in charge who understands what it means to be a Ranger and can kick these useless bastards arses into shape. If this is not done this week we will lose at Dens. Too many players are shitting themselves out there.
Mcleish? I'll put that down to you having had a few shandies.

Signed out of FF at full time in a bad mood. Went to bed in a bad mood, and woke up in a bad mood.
We should have been 3 or 4 up at halftime at least. Gutted that we're not sitting 2nd this morning, we just don't seem capable of taking advantage when our rivals fail.
Ach, I'm away to nail my bollocks to the floor to take my mind off things.

Game should have been over by half time despite us being poor.
We have no drive to our play and no purpose. What are trying to do when we get the ball, who are we trying to involve?
I don't get the move back to the Warburton thing with the 2 centre back splitting for the short pass from Wes. Predictable and we struggle to get out of our own half as we don't have players to execute this.
Miller is all over the place. Where is he meant to be playing ?
I had to leave at 4.15 so I think I missed some of the hard to watch stuff.
As soon as we gifted the goal Accies we're gonna slow the game and we don't seem to have the pace or purpose to overcome that.
The game bypassed Holt yesterday
Bring on the next game......

Signed out of FF at full time in a bad mood. Went to bed in a bad mood, and woke up in a bad mood.
We should have been 3 or 4 up at halftime at least. Gutted that we're not sitting 2nd this morning, we just don't seem capable of taking advantage when our rivals fail.
Ach, I'm away to nail my bollocks to the floor to take my mind off things.

That’s the worst part for me, we could’ve gone 2nd with hibs and Aberdeen losing.

Onto dens Friday, they better get the finger out pronto

Missed the game yesterday but couldn't believe it when I saw the result. Really poor from the team. Wonder if the board will finally take some action or will they still just keep fannying about?

Ratings

Wilson 5 - average

Jack 5 - ok

Subs
Herrera 2 - tried hard
Harder 2 - tried hard

You know as much about football as I do about marine biology

Sickener. Real "couldn't score in a barrel of fannies" type game, despite creating all the chances in the world. Combination of bad luck and poor finishing. One of those days where it just wasn't meant to be. And yet again, we blow the chance to move up the table, which is the real kick in the sack.

Back