Match Thread ** Rangers v Hearts - 15:00 Saturday 24th - RangersTV.tv **

FFS, mate, he had a poor game.
He won’t be the first player to have a poor game.
We got off with that though.
Remember this though, he was there to miss them and was big enough to try the free kick later on.
Had that not been close, heh have been blasted and he knew it.

This is it. The boy was having a hard time but, he was always there to try again. He needs our support. There were folk round me giving him hell. No wonder it's tough for him at Ibrox. He's better appreciated away from home which says more for our fanbase, than it does for him.

I think, if we'd some patience at Ibrox, it'll come for him. I really do.

Well no more than half an hour ago myself and the good lady were sauntering by Mother Indias Cafe after a few refreshments returning from the game. Sincere apologies to Wes Foderingham and Josh Windass for putting the fear of god up them by banging the window while they were waiting on their dinner, giving 2-0 signs and waving scarves like demented 5 year olds is totally out of character for us.

Onwards and upwards bears !

Remember this though, he was there to miss them and was big enough to try the free kick later on.

Was poor today as has been said, but today isnt a day for finger pointing. At least he was getting in to the right areas and with the recent form he's showed would be very harsh to give him much stick.

Well no more than half an hour ago myself and the good lady were sauntering by Mother Indias Cafe after a few refreshments returning from the game. Sincere apologies to Wes Foderingham and Josh Windass for putting the fear of god up them by banging the window while they were waiting on their dinner, giving 2-0 signs and waving scarves like demented 5 year olds is totally out of character for us.

Good on you both mate.. These guys need us 100% behind them. They need all the positive stuff we can give them. Rattling restaurant windaes, the lot. Smashing

I think for the Celtic game, my only change would be Holt for Windass.

I love Windass but he's been poor in the games at Ibrox against Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts since the break. We can't offord for anyone to have a poor game against them.

If there are no further injuries I think you are right and that will be the team, would have preferred McCrorie or Dorrans for Windass but it’s not looking likely

thoroughly deserved win today and pretty rock solid

but by christ we don't half %^*& about putting the ball in the net

the less said about windass the better

You’re assuming, of course, that your right and the coacese are wrong!
Take Cummings coming on as an example.
It looked obvious that it would be Windass who’d be coming off.
However, that would’ve changed the shape of the team, would it not?
Might have hurt Windass’ confidence as well.
Morelos wasn’t having the best of days either.
Maybe there was more to the decision.

Perhaps I’m reading this wrong and I’ll put it down to alcohol intake and I’ll over look the likes but it was never Windass coming off,.

Brilliant performance and a very good result.

Thought Candeias, Goss, Docherty and Murphy all strolled it.

I personally don’t think Windass played that badly. On another day he has another hat trick. His movement and willingness to go again are admirable traits. Did shitebag out of one tackle but that happens with forwards

The old ticker would go better if we could get an early second goal rather than sitting with a one goal lead (still dominating mind you)

Another big game against St Johnstone coming up. Tommy Wright always as his team well set up against us

Perhaps I’m reading this wrong and I’ll put it down to alcohol intake and I’ll over look the likes but it was never Windass coming off,.
Pretty much what I was getting at, bud.
Well, that and questioning why fans think “everybody can see it so why can’t the coaches?”
The answer beingbthat the coaches do see it but have a different answer.

Really liking the look of this team we've got going just now. Great performances all over the park. Docherty, Murphy, Ball, Goss, all immense. Their keeper saved Hearts from an absolute beasting today. Wouldv'e taken Josh off instead of Alf towards the end as he was off his game.

Am not disagreeing he’s had better days, it was more that we just recorded a good important win against a reasonably good team and all we are seeing is poor game from Windass.

I personally don’t think Windass played that badly. On another day he has another hat trick. His movement and willingness to go again are admirable traits. Did shitebag out of one tackle but that happens with forwards

The old ticker would go better if we could get an early second goal rather than sitting with a one goal lead (still dominating mind you)

Another big game against St Johnstone coming up. Tommy Wright always as his team well set up against us
I agree, he’s not going to be great every week but he could have had a few yesterday and he’ll always have the chances in matches, that’s why he’s so important and maybe why I am not being over critical of him because these players can win the match for you when you need them to.

Good on you both mate.. These guys need us 100% behind them. They need all the positive stuff we can give them. Rattling restaurant windaes, the lot. Smashing

Josh Windass looked a bit shell shocked by us , big Wes was pissing himself when Lady Humbug was twirling the scarf around her head. Yesterday was a big step forward for us whatever happens today, absolutely delighted by the allround team effort.

An excellent team performance with Candeias, Docherty, Goss and Murphy all immense. McLaughlin kept the score line respectable, but a 4 or 5 nil win wouldn't have flattered us.
I would have liked to have seen us get the 2nd goal a bit earlier but I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

Pumps sellick 4-0, knocks the hiv out of the Scottish Cup, winds up Broonaldo and the Lurgan Bigot, tries to build a tribute act with our ex player, happily watches his side get dominated at Ibrox by the Famous - Craig Levein is staunch :D
DViHHYkWsAAC0mR.jpg

Is that a tangerine sweater he's wearing ?.

Certainly not up to the behaviour of an adult which is on par to booing a former player on his return to Ibrox after fuukin off......( see a previous thread on naishame)

Get your whip out and give yourselves 10 lashes each.

You could have made Josh choke on his bhoona givin him a fright like that.

Won't get to see highlights until Monday but it 'sounds' as if it was a total 'job done'.

Murphy could be the stroke of genius of the spfl season by anyone.

And if we keep the Buff then next season could be more than interesting.

That was how home games should be.

Dominate inferior opposition, create plenty, rarely look like conceding, and the stands packed backing the team.

Day by day the natural order is slowly returning.

I've just sat and watched the 15 minutes of highlights from yesterday on RangersTV. Windass had a nightmare in front of goal, no question. However, I was actually quite surprised to see - admittedly just in a highlights package - how involved he was in many of our passing movements. He had a quiet game by his standards, in front of goal especially, but he is undeserving of comments such as 'anonymous' and 'didn't try a leg' which I have seen bandied about.

Really liking the look of this team we've got going just now. Great performances all over the park. Docherty, Murphy, Ball, Goss, all immense. Their keeper saved Hearts from an absolute beasting today. Wouldv'e taken Josh off instead of Alf towards the end as he was off his game.

Who?

Back