MOTM Poll Rangers v Hearts - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To have faith in our European record goal scorer who has is just shy of a century,who was continually putting himself in positions to score. Roofe also came on and didn't score either
Roofe done more and got closer to scoring in a short time vs. Morelos for 90 mins.

I don't doubt Morelos' ability but a manager should easily be able to see when things aren't working and make changes that help. He didn't. He left probably the worst players in the game on the part and took off players who weren't great, but shouldn't have been hooked.

I'm not a massive McGregor fan, he's been terrible with crosses forever. Morelos is great player: cant believe there weren't more bids for him.

But, McGregor was very good today, Alfredo had a shocker.
I'd say they both had a shocker.
The saves McGregor makes are ones I expect the goalie to make.
The first one from Boyce was offside the others are routine saves imo.

Behave yourself!
I've genuinely found his substitutions, timing and even some starting selections quite mystifying. this year. And his last transfer window was more or less ineffective.

I've always been supportive but I am now wondering if I was right.

Your take on today is about Tav? Weird
Nope. I only replied to a valid comment. The second half and the managers garbage substitutions are my gripe tonight. But Patterson is still a better player than Tav. Offered not a lot today. Or do you think otherwise.?

So, it's Gerrard's job to sit back and watch a player repeatedly miss good chances because he can't do anything about it? What would be the point of the manager during the game then?
You could see on the TV Morelos thought he was being hooked. The whole planet would have subbed him for Roofe and left it at that

Takes hagi & aribo off who were playing well and morelos stays on unbelievable, morelos should be dropped and sakala given a ch
Couldn't put them away simply because Alfie has become unreliable in front of goal and yet his link up play has never been better.
Very frustrating.
I feel as I have been robbed.
Disagree. He looks like he is finishing to many dinners.
Hahaha - nice one Bulletproof. He needs dropped for a few weeks and either Roofe or Sakala played up front.

At this point in time Scott Wright is only good for an hour and Bacuna looks the same as Zungu
Wouldn't disagree. We all hoped/thought we had signed a gem with Wright but as time goes by he is looking more and more a useful squad player, very little coming from him where it matters, in the final third.

Bacuna, can't say very much other than why? A cheap punt in the hope we might get a gem but already signs don't look promising.

Wonder if we need to spend more money to compete at this level, could be a question if like to see his response to.

I've genuinely found his substitutions, timing and even some starting selections quite mystifying. this year. And his last transfer window was more or less ineffective.

I've always been supportive but I am now wondering if I was right.
Ffsake, he has been a tremendous manager for Rangers.
I can't believe I am having to defend him.
Today wasn't a good day at the office, but in the first half it looked like we had found last season's form.
That said, I agree that he got his substitutions wrong, I am sure he will analyse that, although managers tend to see things happening inside their squad differently than supporters.

Roofe done more and got closer to scoring in a short time vs. Morelos for 90 mins.

I don't doubt Morelos' ability but a manager should easily be able to see when things aren't working and make changes that help. He didn't. He left probably the worst players in the game on the part and took off players who weren't great, but shouldn't have been hooked.
Morelos has been wasted for some time now. Constantly dropping deeper and deeper and now he doesn't know where the b.loody goal is. Utter waste of a players natural ability.

Apart from Lundstram who seems to be growing into his rangers career, sakala and Bacuna have offered nothing. Bacuna came on and didn't provide the same intensity that aribo or hagi gave us.

Tav didn't read their wing back once, kept cutting inside and was done continuously.

Morelos and Roofe chances not going in just frustrating.

Goldson isn't the same as last year, if he wants to go he should go in Jan

Take back what I said previously about Gerrard. He can change a game...for the worse. Real questions need to be asked because the league last year looks like a single swallow rather than a summer.

Morelos was absolutely shocking, mcgregor howler, tavernier anonymous, but biggest blunder of the day was with Mr Gerrard and his subs. Find it hard to se any logic with his subs. Handing a pish mentally challenged team the momentum they need.

To have faith in our European record goal scorer who has is just shy of a century,who was continually putting himself in positions to score. Roofe also came on and didn't score either

Roofe hit the post and set up Alfie for a tap-in - a hell of a lot more in 25 mins that Alfie did in 90 mins. Alfie's misses today were inexcusable.

Don’t disagree, but we were still 1-0 up
Shagger catches that we win the game

I’m not excusing Morelos or defending him, he was utter shite today and absolutely should have scored at least 2
He catches, we win...true, but we were hanging on, couldn't get out and lost all control in the midfield. Any decent side punishes you for that.....Hearts are decent enough, bring on Lyon in France

One of thise games IMO.

Should've been 3 or 4-2.

Shagger saved us twice prior to the flap.

Only concern is we ain't killing teams off. Thought we were looking like last year's team 1st half.

Got a positive feeling we're going to kick on so no panic.

Hardly!! The whole team squandered chance after chance, as with every game this season.

Get your head out the sand man. Morelos has sucked most of the season in front of goal, and today was of “Ally, Ally get to f%#@“ v Dundee proportions by him. Morelos alone should have had us 3-4 up, and that is without Gordon’s saves.

Roofe hit the post and set up Alfie for a tap-in - a hell of a lot more in 25 mins that Alfie did in 90 mins. Alfie's misses today were inexcusable.
That's a lot of words for didn't score either.

Morelos had a shocker today, no denying but he is still the best goal scorer at the club

Roofe can be our number 1 striker, Morelos needs to spend some time on the bench.
He needs to lose a bit of weight and a few games on the bench will remind him he’s not undroppable. I’m not sure SG is ruthless enough to do that, Souness or Uncle Walter needs to phone SG and pass on how to be a b*****d.

Don’t care how good the previous saves were either that was an absolute shocker from McGregor. But he has that in him, sort of thing that makes me laugh at the notion he’s ahead of Goram, who just didn’t drop those clangers anywhere near as often.
They all make mistakes. Goram had a lot of howlers but his forward line put the ball in the net a bit more often!

Get your head out the sand man. Morelos has sucked most of the season in front of goal, and today was of “Ally, Ally get to f%#@“ v Dundee proportions by him. Morelos alone should have had us 3-4 up, and that is without Gordon’s saves.
My head isnt in the sand. He missed 3 chances he should have put away. Balogun missed, Goldson missed, roofe missed. We had numerous shots "blocked"

We have to many players in our team not clinical enough in any given game.

Scunnered again. Think we all seen it coming. Any of our subs should be able to handle any team but struggled. Finishing was very poor bar the goal.

Agree with the earlier post that Morelos just seems in a bit of a rut. The ideal time to sell was last summer but we clearly didn’t get anything close to what we want. He looks unfit, and being honest just generally a bit disinterested. There were two or three occasions in the second half where he picked the ball up in the channel and was 1 on 1 with a a defender but the attack just fizzled out. Last season or the season before he would have made something out those opportunities, in fact he used to absolutely thrive on that kind of opportunity

Reactions: WBD
Back