Match Thread Rangers v Hearts - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV.tv Only

It's impossible to keep the pressure on for 90 mins in normal circumstances, but even more impossible against a flying Hearts side after a tough midweek game.

How i saw the game is we let Hearts back into the game and they won the second half with 10 men not a case of they did anything to get into the game.

How i saw the game is we let Hearts back into the game and they won the second half with 10 men not a case of they did anything to get into the game.

How many points do they get for winning the second half? We did let them back in, but they're a good side and you can't expect them not to have some say in the game. We're also on the back of a very tough European fixture.

Fuxace. The mood of some on here is worse than it was vs Livi this time last week!

We got our arses felt a week ago and then went on to record 3-1 wins against, first, a decent European team and, second, The Premiership's unbeaten league leaders. Oh and had a combined attendance of close to 100,000 people.

This has been a stunning 5 days for Rangers so away tae %^*& if you want to moan.

We did take the foot of the gas a little and Hearts had no option but to press. We handled that well withthe exception of probably two really sloppy pieces of play
We simply got leggy, you could see the pitch was getting heavier, and we started to missplace more passes.

Our objective was three points - we got that

Have a good rest boys - well done

Great result well done to the players after Thursday night, two weeks rest now to recharge the batteries.Onwards and upwards

Excellent first half, honestly brilliant.

Second half couple of sloppy passes but controlled it and after midweek we were always going to tire. We still created 3 or 4 great chances in the second half, hardly “honking”.
always going to tire is why we should be making our subs earlier ?

We did take the foot of the gas a little and Hearts had no option but to press. We handled that well withthe exception of probably two really sloppy pieces of play
We simply got leggy, you could see the pitch was getting heavier, and we started to missplace more passes.

Our objective was three points - we got that

Have a good rest boys - well done

Great result. But i am discussion the performance that is all. Is that not what a forum is about?

After Thur and the energy levels in the first half to kill the game, I would have started to suspect we were taking illegal substances if we kept that up for 90 mins

always going to tire is why we should be making our subs earlier ?

How early did you want them? We made a sub and it disrupted the team and they scored about a minute later. Subs don’t instantly make everything better. The timing of the subs weren’t exactly all over the place, it was obvious we done them when we did.

There is something seriously wrong, when for the last ten minutes you are saying....Beaton can still cost us this game.

If it's good enough for the CO to pull up players, surely the same should go for referees. That performance from Beaton today was totally unacceptable.

To my knowledge we don't have any injuries (Murphy excepted). A couple of weeks off and a bit of luck with those on International duty and we will be ready to fly out the blocks again.

This season has been great (two blips apart). We are still getting better, just look at the last two games.

This is the most exciting season we've had in years. All thanks to the great man Steven Gerrard. If you can't enjoy this there's no hope for you.

Great result and a really excellent first half display. Though, and I can't believe I'm saying this, that 2nd half performance was unacceptable. Hearts could easily have got back into that game. We were sloppy and wasteful with the ball. I had flashbacks to last season watching that 2nd half.
Onwards!

Great result. But i am discussion the performance that is all. Is that not what a forum is about?

It's not about ripping into rangers for the sake of it.

Hearts are top of the league.
Hearts beat the poets.
We had a very tiring game Thursday.
We finished the game off today and then rightly or.wrongly took the foot of the gas.

Had we ran ourselves.inti the ground and into another few injuries before the international break but scored a 4th and 4th, would you be happier?

Great result today.
Some people have to calm down a wee bit.
What would you prefer?
Enjoying the league at the moment plus Europe?
Or last season under Pedro?

And people are discussing back!

No, some that disagree with my opinion are getting verbal bringing the old mantra "Timmy Troll". If you don't agree with it just say so and move on. I NEVER get verbal with anyone opinion when i disagree with it because their opinion is just as valid as mine.

poets hoping for a banana skin for us today have came out and skelped a poor saints side...or did they see our first half and think f*** we better get the finger oot :)

All those fannies moaning weren’t at the game and don’t understand how bad the conditions were.

The wind was murder.

We used first half and got 3 , they didn’t and only got 1.

This is why I tend to avoid match threads. Negativity after a superb result. Some of our support just revel in it.

Took foot off gas after their sending off and we couldn't pick tempo back up again. Take the result and that first half any day of week. I can see people being disappointed with 2nd half but to be going daft about it is a joke. We had won the game by then.

Great win against undefeated league leaders considering we also played a high tempo, physical match against a very good European team in Rapid Vienna only 67 hours ago. Hearts had the week off! Understandable if foot went off pedal in 2nd half. The feel good factor, not experienced for 7 years is certainly back for me

Last 20.minutes thought we lost it a bit.thought more to do with mental tiredness after Thursday then anything else! Hearts are a good team. Even first half they caused us a few problems,thought could have been 6 4 in our favour at half time, McGregor had 2 fantastic saves! Happy though?you bet I fuken am!!!!

Too many miserable bassas on here, after year after year of watching utter mince on a weekly basis we’ve now seen the best colective 90 mins from a rangers side in years (first half today and second half on Thursday)

Superb Rangers

Hearts are actually a decent team who will cause problems to all the other teams in the league including us when we go to tynecastle

Good result and time to enjoy it

It's been a great week for us, especially after livi. Ok, we are not happy with the second half, but we have set our standards so high now. Anyway, sure stevie will have a word with players about the second half performance, but in all honesty the game was a non event after the first half. Well done Rangers.

Do folk like you just sit there thinking of ways to be negative? I'll happily lose every second half 1-0 if we go in 3-0 up.

Another superb performance from the team today.

Do you not have three subs?
Yes and you take your time with them rather than throwing them on early.

Anyway I’m bored of discussing the game with you. I’m gonna enjoy the result. You keep looking for negatives. You have a few weeks until the next game to find them.

It's not about ripping into rangers for the sake of it.

Hearts are top of the league.
Hearts beat the poets.
We had a very tiring game Thursday.
We finished the game off today and then rightly or.wrongly took the foot of the gas.

Had we ran ourselves.inti the ground and into another few injuries before the international break but scored a 4th and 4th, would you be happier?

As i have said it was a fantastic result and was quietly confident we would win. But are we only meant to talk about the result and not talk about the players and performance?

Back