Match Thread Rangers v Hearts - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV.tv Only

How early did you want them? We made a sub and it disrupted the team and they scored about a minute later. Subs don’t instantly make everything better. The timing of the subs weren’t exactly all over the place, it was obvious we done them when we did.
just think in general we take to long to make changes. again just my opinion is that not what the forum is about :)

I was concerned about today and Shouldn’t have been . Credit hearts for opening up and having a go , the first half was a real game of football end to end and we played some amazing football . Can’t wait to see the goals again as we are in the family stand and the only one I saw clearly was arfield .

The weather was truly terrible but Rangers fantastic .

Can’t believe some are moaning !!

Great three points thoroughly deserved.

What another great performance

Just wished we had got a few more goals. Thought we tired a bit when they went down to 10 men.

Great result. But i am discussion the performance that is all. Is that not what a forum is about?

Looking back at my post - I think you'll find I did just that - (for clarity I'll add"discuss the performance within a forum")

Not sure what you're alluding to re the forum quote, but as long as you do then thats fine

Personally - I think you're being disingenuous with your appraisal of the performance for (at least) the reasons I gave earlier

You probably thought we should have won by at least 7, conceded none and kept the pace up for the entire 90 mins

I wish we could too but reality rules..

A bit of a Jekyl and Hyde performance, first 60 minutes was some of the best football we’ve played all season, last 30 was slow, sloppy and you could see it was giving Hearts belief. After Thursday, can completely forgive it and winning is ultimately all that matters.

Delighted all the same with the win, good to get an international break to allow the boys to rest up for a few weeks.

Great first half, some of the football we play at pace on the break is breathtakingly good.

Very happy with that result although slightly annoyed we gave them a chink of hope.

Easily the best first half we've played of the season so far. Some of the football we played was outstanding and we took the absolute piss at times.

I actually thought we were good in the 2nd half right up until Naismith won the free kick on the touchline that led to their goal. With the chances we created up until then, Hearts should've been dead, buried and highly embarrassed to be on the wrong end of a large scoreline.

The final 15 minutes slightly dampened the mood but as I said, absolutely delighted with the win and majority of the performance.

Currently experiencing a very enjoyable train journey back to Edinburgh :D

I thought we were the best we’ve been all season up until they scored.

Do folk like you just sit there thinking of ways to be negative? I'll happily lose every second half 1-0 if we go in 3-0 up.

Another superb performance from the team today.

I am discussing the performance not the fantastic result. Is that not what a forum is about? discussing all aspects of our team?

The first half was sensational. At 3-0 and 10 men I felt we were trying to walk the ball in (the ole's didn't help btw) and the gaffer could have done with bringing on Middleton to stretch the game a bit.

That said, two fantastic results and can't remember how many years it's been since I enjoyed two games at Ibrox back to back like that.

As i have said it was a fantastic result and was quietly confident we would win. But are we only meant to talk about the result and not talk about the players and performance?
I thought the performance was good. Professional. Job done.
I'd like to think if we had a free midweek we'd have went on to win by 4 or 5. But we didn't.
We can talk about whatever people want to talk about.
(not quoting you) However, if people are using words like terrible, unacceptable, let down, angry.
Then myself and others have as much right to think they are talking complete Shite and point that out 8n a post as they do to type those words in the first place.

No, some that disagree with my opinion are getting verbal bringing the old mantra "Timmy Troll". If you don't agree with it just say so and move on. I NEVER get verbal with anyone opinion when i disagree with it because their opinion is just as valid as mine.
TBH mate you're coming across as a bit of a dim-witted attention whore. We're not here just to discuss your opinions, whatever you may think, but to review the match as a whole.

You need to back off a wee bit and stop being so precious.

Yes and you take your time with them rather than throwing them on early.

Anyway I’m bored of discussing the game with you. I’m gonna enjoy the result. You keep looking for negatives. You have a few weeks until the next game to find them.

Yes keep them all on the bench when the players are so obviously tiring. Love the result. Just doing what you are meant to do on a forum which is discussing how you see all aspects of our team. Yes you are boring me to. Lets move on.

Super Rangers , for 60 minutes we were quality. I thought in the first half I was watching Liverpool. Explosion in every counter attack.

Brilliant week.

Looking back at my post - I think you'll find I did just that - (for clarity I'll add"discuss the performance within a forum")

Not sure what you're alluding to re the forum quote, but as long as you do then thats fine

Personally - I think you're being disingenuous with your appraisal of the performance for (at least) the reasons I gave earlier

You probably thought we should have won by at least 7, conceded none and kept the pace up for the entire 90 mins

I wish we could too but reality rules..

Just my opinion based on how i saw the game. lets move on Eh?

I can’t believe anyone is moaning today, get a life!

Great first half, possibly a little leggy after the effort on Thursday and the first half, and it was comfortable against a side who hadn’t lost until today.

Fantastic few days, now let’s recharge during the international break and go again.

I thought the performance was good. Professional. Job done.
I'd like to think if we had a free midweek we'd have went on to win by 4 or 5. But we didn't.
We can talk about whatever people want to talk about.
(not quoting you) However, if people are using words like terrible, unacceptable, let down, angry.
Then myself and others have as much right to think they are talking complete Shite and point that out 8n a post as they do to type those words in the first place.

For the record the only thing i have said was a poor second half. But at the end of the day it would be their opinion, disagree with it but respect it.

TBH mate you're coming across as a bit of a dim-witted attention whore. We're not here just to discuss your opinions, whatever you may think, but to review the match as a whole.

You need to back off a wee bit and stop being so precious.

"TBH mate you're coming across as a bit of a dim-witted attention whore" with comments like this the feeling is mutual i can assure you. "We're not here just to discuss your opinions" Bravo i agree 100%. I am trying to give my opinions on how i saw the game and others are determined to discuss my opinions because they do not agree with them. Sad really

I thought they were half decent and looked dangerous a lot of the time. The good news is we beat them well and I actually quite fancy them to give the dhims a doing in the semi final.
Some of our football was wonderful to watch at times.
We’re not far away from being the real deal.

Your opinion on a forum is cool but then you get challenged and get precious - For you, moving on is absolutely the way to go

If anyone does not agree say so. The only time i get "precious" is when someone starts accusing me of ulterior motives when they do not agree with it. As for moving on eye ok Mr 77 post!

Amazing result off the back of our best performance so far, on Thursday night; my only moan is that we didn't get one more goal (had 12/1 for 4-1)!

The team can go into the international break full of confidence for the next block of games.

I couldn't care less if there was a drop off in our play 2nd half as long as we win, the result is far more important than performances right now

First half we mauled them. 2nd half was poor but the job was done and it's understandable the tempo dropped given the exertions on Thursday. I thought Gerrard could have been more pro-active with his substitutions.

If anyone does not agree say so. The only time i get "precious" is when someone starts accusing me of ulterior motives when they do not agree with it. As for moving on eye ok Mr 77 post!

Move on matey - Follow your own advice

"The last bastion of the arsehole is referring to post count" (Jack and Victor 2017)

Brilliant result and great performance for 60 mins, we totally took our foot off the gas when Ejaria went off and became too negative. However, we could have been about 5 up at half time. Ryan Kent was sensational, Candeias and Flanagan not far behind. Our centre halfs struggled against that big lump up front and need to do better.

For the record the only thing i have said was a poor second half. But at the end of the day it would be their opinion, disagree with it but respect it.
I disagree. With all the respect in the world I think your opinion is complete pish. Hopefully you can respect my right to hold that opinion.
I thought our second half was as disciplined as it was unlucky not to put in another 3 goals.

Move on matey - Follow your own advice

"The last bastion of the arsehole is referring to post count" (Jack and Victor 2017)

Whatever 78 post matey. Good at dishing it out bad at taking it. Yes the wisest think for you is to follow my advice.

I missed the first half :( first half was sticky toffee pudding and ice cream, second half was jelly and mixed fruit...not what i was hoping for:eek::p:D

Got it in One

Thought the clanger from Hearts spurred us on, and I was thinking that recently our second half perfomances are much better so looked to the second half with relish!
But in all, barring one or two hiccups, we handled the game well

Will be interested to see what SG thinks of it

I disagree. With all the respect in the world I think your opinion is complete pish. Hopefully you can respect my right to hold that opinion.
I thought our second half was as disciplined as it was unlucky not to put in another 3 goals.

Mate i 100% agree and respect your opinion that i am talking pish. In my defense the manger said we were poor in the second half

Whatever 78 post matey. Good at dishing it out bad at taking it. Yes the wisest think for you is to follow my advice.

aye, OK.

I would have more respect for you if you defended your original point after a sensible challenge, but your stock responses have been classic passive aggresive. In fact you sent the same reply to multiple posters

Have the final word fella, I'm off this thread

Your moniker is more apt if you reverse the words

I'm bored, you're ignored,
but have a nice evening
Our team won

Mate i 100% agree and respect your opinion that i am talking pish. In my defense the manger said we were poor in the second half
He's consistent.
Can hardly praise a 1-0 defeat against 10 men.
Or endorse it.
We really need to learn to do what both mentally challengeds done this weekend and turn the screw.
But I think Gerrard will be pleased. With today.
He won't tell the media or the players that. He will want more.
You must have noticed its not the first time. He has criticised a positive performance.
It's all about building a seige mentality.

But I don't see how me or anyone else bitching on a forum does that.
On here it's just bitching for the sake of spoiled brat pettiness. In my honest and respectful opinion.

Got it in One

Thought the clanger from Hearts spurred us on, and I was thinking that recently our second half perfomances are much better so looked to the second half with relish!
But in all, barring one or two hiccups, we handled the game well

Will be interested to see what SG thinks of it
I'm with you on that and have to remember on current league positions we were playing the best team in Scotland, making them look very ordinary in the process. Big positives going into the break...

Perhaps I'm being simplistic but were the Hearts tactics similar to Livingstons?
I just felt they constantly bypassed the midfield to try and get a hold then support with runners

I'm with you on that and have to remember on current league positions we were playing the best team in Scotland, making them look very ordinary in the process. Big positives going into the break...

Delighted with the 3 points and battered hearts 1st.2nd half we looked a bit sluggish and had 2/3min spell where we passed them to death and when conceded we couldn’t hold the ball for 30seconds and went to sleep and made it hard for ourselves.The game ought to have been out of sight.

Just in. I think it's fair to say winter has pretty much arrived!

What a first 30 minutes. We destroyed them. Second half the game was won and we eased off and became a bit sloppy. I think we can forgive that (at least in private) given the shift that the same starting XI put in in midweek too. So much for the league leaders. Bring them all on.

My observations:
  • Kent is unplayable at times. Absolutely outstanding.
  • Arfield can be a little sloppy the deeper he's playing. I'm increasingly inclined to think he's best playing up close to the main forward.
  • Candeias has turned into a Stevie G player - works his socks off, plays the press perfectly, punishes teams when they turn it over.
  • Still not sure about Worral.
  • Our loss of the grip of midfield coincided with Ejaria going off. He just effortless and efficiently fills space, takes the ball, keeps it moving.
  • We'll do well to hold onto Alfie the way he's shaping up. Clinical finish today.

Really enjoyed that today. Some of the football we played was sublime. Unbeaten and top of the league and for spells we made them look like donkeys. When this team clicks I think we're gonna have something special.

He's consistent.
Can hardly praise a 1-0 defeat against 10 men.
Or endorse it.
We really need to learn to do what both mentally challengeds done this weekend and turn the screw.
But I think Gerrard will be pleased. With today.
He won't tell the media or the players that. He will want more.
You must have noticed its not the first time. He has criticised a positive performance.
It's all about building a seige mentality.

But I don't see how me or anyone else bitching on a forum does that.
On here it's just bitching for the sake of spoiled brat pettiness. In my honest and respectful opinion.

I agree mate. I don't think anyone that discusses how they see players, their performances and the teams performances are bitching or being spoil brats. Everyone has preferred players, tactics and team selection so there will always be debate on peoples interpretation of what they observe. After all it is what a forum is for. Unfortunately some people can not accept others opinions when they do not agree with it.

well pleased with that today, ,first half was sensational at times, shades of souness and advocatt"s teams at their best ,,knocking it around ,lovely one touch passing and movement,, great closing down and working back to re win any loose balls we gave away,,the makings of a very good team were on display today bears,, second half we were a bit sloppy ,but that can happen, more so after our exertions on Thursday night,, enjoy the wee break now, knowing we are only going to get better as the season pans out,, where we end up ,I don't know but I do not think we will be too far from the top and hopefully got a cup or two to go with us

Got back from holiday in time to catch the 2nd half. Missed the last 5/6 matches so it's good to be back.

Not surprised we became a slight complacent in the 2nd, on another day we still stick 2 or 3 past them and rack up a 5/6 goal scoreline.

I'd have bitten your hand off for three points today, sounds like we were excellent in the 1st half and 3-1 is an excellent result.

Back