Match Thread Rangers v Hearts - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV.tv Only

Could have been 2-2 after 15mins today. Alan brought out two great saves.
Our passing was good, our tackling even better.
Tarts then only looked dangerous with long ball long throw and the big number 19's speed.
Made a lot of chances to have been 4/5.

I agree mate. I don't think anyone that discusses how they see players, their performances and the teams performances are bitching or being spoil brats. Everyone has preferred players, tactics and team selection so there will always be debate on peoples interpretation of what they observe. After all it is what a forum is for. Unfortunately some people can not accept others opinions when they do not agree with it.
I ain't one of them buddy.
In the heat of Thursday night I thought Arfield was poor.
I've not seen it again, but just from the comments of others on here I expect my nervous state blinkered me as most others thought he was good if not great.

Ive just accepted I was probably well wide of the mark. But it can happen.

As you say. Folk who are unwilling to look a bit deeper or accept that on occasion they just get it wrong for whatever reason.
Folk who stick to their guns no matter what they are told or how many people tell them, probably shouldn't use a forum.

Perhaps I'm being simplistic but were the Hearts tactics similar to Livingstons?
I just felt they constantly bypassed the midfield to try and get a hold then support with runners
More teams will take our players out blatantly as we progress, we'll be/are too quick/skillful for them. Livi was a strange performance from us but they aren't a bad side at the moment, we'll see how they handle playing here.
Teams are already looking at alternative ways to play us as they can't compete when we hit top gear. Long balls and packed defences will soon be the norm again as well as a more physical approach.
Its a bit of a compliment i suppose from our opponents that we're back on the right path and playing some of the best football if not the best football in Scotland taking some of our european performances into account...i can't wait for the Hamilton game either :)

I said before the match I thought we had to get our goals in early today, as we were bound to tire after the effort and intensity of Thursday night.
Glad we managed it.
Confidence is high, I hope we can go on a run now up til Christmas and give ourselves a proper platform to go for a title challenge.
This team need our backing- they’ve earned that.

Great result and great first half performance. I'm disappointed in the Hearts goal as it cost me a few quid on a coupon.

We lost the 2nd half 1 nil against 10 men.
Our game management needs to improve vastly.

Fresh legs should've been on early doors after midweek. 4 mins for Lafferty was a head scratcher.

Btw, I'm delighted with the result, but I've a few Jambo mates and wanted them pumped. We missed the chance of a real statement today in the 2nd half.

A nothing goal after we got caught sleeping at a set piece and we could've had a couple more of our own. Hearts are a good side. And gubbing the undefeated league leaders 3-1 is a statement.

Our midfield play in tight areas is becoming a joy to watch, as Ejaria, Coulibaly, Kent and Arfield get to know each other we are getting better and better in this area.

Kent will rightly get a lot of plaudits for today but Ejaria was just as good IMO. The way he manages to break out of a tight area into space is amazing.

Last edited:
That second half was nervy at points as we were wasteful with the ball for 5-10 mins. That apart we were tremendous today. At one point I thought it could have been 6 or 7. Our forward line is fantastic at the moment.

Today was freezing though. Big winter jacket looked out!

I ain't one of them buddy.
In the heat of Thursday night I thought Arfield was poor.
I've not seen it again, but just from the comments of others on here I expect my nervous state blinkered me as most others thought he was good if not great.

Ive just accepted I was probably well wide of the mark. But it can happen.

As you say. Folk who are unwilling to look a bit deeper or accept that on occasion they just get it wrong for whatever reason.
Folk who stick to their guns no matter what they are told or how many people tell them, probably shouldn't use a forum.

Good post mate.

Played the team that beat the darkside and was unbeaten. 3- 1 was a great result. Second half not so good but remember we are still a team in the making.
Downside for me is some of those playing are just on loan and I expect will go back as we cant pay them and it is better to rebuild with signed players. However perfectly happy and hopefully we can just keep getting better and climbing back up to where we should be ..at the top.

Ill take 3 up at half time every week.

Very solid today, again wen we attack we look like creating.

Gripes for me;

Sub on at set piece and we concede again. Not costly in todays game

We got a bit warbuton like at times - wanting to walk a perfectgoal in tather than just have a go (i know though id complain the other eat had someone shot and not passed it!)

Great performance today. We needed the win, the pressure was on and the players delivered. The first half we were excellent. Some of our football was fast and free flowing. I've been saying it on here for a few weeks now but Kent is arguably our best player and is becoming unplayable. The beauty is that you could make a decent argument for some others. Well done lads, take a bow and enjoy the international break. Thought the fans were excellent today too in their backing of the team. Well done all.

That first 45 minutes was gang rape.

I've said it on here since the Rapid game, if that Rangers turn up we blow Hearts away.

The fact is Hearts are shite; they've had easy fixtures which put them in a false position in the table and have then been hyped up way past their actual level. "Better side than Rapid Vienna," ma baws.

You saw that today.

They're Motherwell with a slightly (and I stress) slightly better standard of player. Not one of their players would get in our team.

They're just big brutes and big blooters into the box. They looked dangerous at set plays - but you're always going to do when you have that many big players in your team - but don't ask them to get the ball down and play because they're not very good at it.

Great atmosphere again first half. Second half we (crowd and players) were much more flat but the game had already been won by that stage.

In the League, after this International break, we have:
Hamilton (a)
Killie (h)
St Mirren (a)
Motherwell (h)

As our next 4 games before the next International break next month. Go and get 12 points from that lot and let's see where we are in the table then.

For 70mins we were as good as I’ve seen us in a decade. Candeias and Kent were the pick of the bunch, with also Ejaria looking every bit an English premiership top six player. My only gripe would be that we thought the job was done at 3-1 and had taken our foot off the gas. If we keep on improving at this rate, then 55 is the next stop on the Steven Gerrard Express.

I thought the midfield was great today, best Iv seen it, they bossed it. I championed the Arfield, Coulibaly, jack formation but Ejaria is becoming key. Therefore, I’m at a loss. The depth in the squad in all positions is really strong. I think we’ve moved from the just being ‘solid’ at the start of the season to now being ‘solid’ and also creative/ dynamic. It’s only going to get better.

I had a look at the match thread on the Jambo Kickback website tonight to see what the jambos were saying about the game. It was very evident from their posts prior to the kick off that they really fancied their chances today and were congratulating Avril on his team selection in the run up to 3pm. After 30 minutes they seemed to be blaming their left back (the lad on loan from Man U) for them being 3 nil down. Apparently we are shite and our victory on Thursday was against a less than average European club side. I know some Bears have a soft spot for the team from Tynecastle. I am not one of them. For any jambo who may be reading this, I hope you enjoyed the game today. The Bears did.

Going to watch the highlights tomorrow when I get a chance but judging by the posts we played outstanding in the first half and cruised the second.
Well pleased to beat them treacherous shitebags.
Well done Rangers.

Another tremendous performance. This team looks fearless, going forward, defending and tackling. Alfie's flick. What can you say? That was some Harlem Globetrotters shit. Best form we've had in years.

Don’t think it was a ‘great’ performance. We certainly flashed brilliance. And that’s all that was needed.

Just like the title winning teams of yesteryear.

Looked fatigued at times, but that’s to be expected.

Our play on the counter has improved immensely under Gerrard

Looking at that first goal again I get the feeling that was something we deliberately worked on. Hearts were caught out with something similar against Livingston. I think the plan was to for Goldson to stand offside and step out while hearts play him offside, meanwhile Morelos runs from deep in an onside position

Back