Match Thread Rangers v Hearts - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
sPviW7A.png

No wins in our last 5 games.

We aren't certain of second yet, and we need to finish the season strongly to give us some hope.

Go for the win, and go get it.

Another slog.

We'll have some tired legs after having to play most of the Old Firm game with 10 men and running our guts out 2nd half.

Hearts will come, defend, set out to frustrate, be physical, waste time at every throw in, every goal kick, will try and break the game up as much as possible with lots of tactical fouls.

They have the perfect ref in Kevin Clancy to let them away with all this.

I'm not sure if the Union Bears are still in the huff but I can foresee a test of endurance played out to a backdrop of frustration and impatience from the crowd.

An early goal would help, a lot.

Played 53, won 26. A less than 50% win rate.
That ain't good. Need to start grinding out wins at any cost. This team doesn't know how to win ugly but they better start if they want to guarantee second.

A significant minority of our fans were very positive about our performance and post match reaction on Sunday. Will that "pashun" translate into an improved performance tonight or will be toil again? Fear it may be the latter. Five games without a win at the moment. How many would that need to extend to before the alarm bells were deafening for even the most blinkered?

Good chance to field some of the youth academy products, we need to follow suit of other major European clubs that aren't afraid to give these guys plenty of minutes.

Shut out and a win, any win for me.

Importantly, the guys who are fortunate and able to attend enjoy the game.

Will be watching this on my phone in a shitty novotel in zurich, having been up since 3.45am. Better be a good performance!

Mon the Gers, just do it.

It's sad the all we have to play for is now second place, even before the cut. Our recent form isn't great, and a big effort will be required, starting tonight. We already know from recent history that the unwashed will donate points to our nearest rivals, when it comes to the crunch.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Whatever we think of him on here there has been absolutely nothing to suggest that anyone other than Flanagan will start if Barisic is out and Halliday suspended.

Not convinced that we will hit the ground running tonight. It's been a mis-match of recent results and I don't expect it to turn around quickly this evening. It could be a slog. I'll take any win, even if our winning goal bounces off a knee or is an own goal.

Got parked easier than usual and now the rain is on.
Hope still a good crowd tonight.

Back