Rangers v Hearts - Match Thread - RTV

Excellent win today but wouldn't say it was our best performance, frustrates me at times that we overplay the ball with far to many passes rather than throw it into an already loaded box and then we lose the ball.

Davis was fantastic today and the older he get's the better he is, an absolute midfield general.

Nothing we can do about it but I think come Wednesday the goal difference will be back to a few goals for the mankies, they can afford to rest several players against a poor Hamilton team and from a rest point of view gives them an advantage for next Sunday.

Good result which keeps us on their tails, but we can play much better than that.

Even with the regular hamster wheel l only missed one goal, thankfully it was the og.
Think the ref had made the decision that he wasn't going to send off any Hearts player no matter what today.
Shame to see people leaving on seventy five minutes. I know it must have been Baltic but l would have loved to have been there today and you wouldn't have got me to leave for love nor money.

Well that was remarkable.

No - not putting five past Hertz but a pretty good-natured match thread.

No toys oot the pram and no dummies spat. Well done Bears ;)

ezgif-3-431bb6a9056f.gif

Brother and I put £5.00 on 6-0 at 40/1.

When the 5th went in I shouted at Ojo to get a feckin move on or they will do us out of £200 Sovs.

I think they heard me because they were really pushing for another goal the last 5 minutes.

Of course it might have been we would have been equal on GD with the bheasts that was urging them on:))

Enjoyed that even though we never got out of first gear. Even had the fun of watching the weekly roaster woman in CD7 argue , noise up fellow fans and involve a poor wee steward. She’s great comedy value. I’ll hit you on the nut with my chewing gum she exclaimed.

On the way home. Today was freezing. The team played well in bursts. Arfield much better, Alfie and Kent took their goals well. Well done Stewart with the brace. Hearts are terrible. Loved the way the team was gunning for 6. On to Tuesday for another 3 points.

Thoroughly enjoyed what was a stroll in the park.All too easy.Hearts really are f ucking dross and naishame is still a wee Judas rat bastard.

Last edited:
Enjoyed that today albeit still a few players needing to work on their close control & crossing as The Feyernoord game was a close call in terms of our players being too lax at times giving possession away or not being clinical enough.

At times today we defied all of the above some of the pass & move football was superb I just wish we could produce it more consistently instead of giving average teams like Feyernoord an easy start .

Same applies to the league at times we toil under our own stupidity giving cheap goals away.

Can't wait till sportscene to see that wee scrotum Michael Stewart's face after we destroyed them today. Little rat face pr*ck.

Even with the regular hamster wheel l only missed one goal, thankfully it was the og.
Think the ref had made the decision that he wasn't going to send off any Hearts player no matter what today.
Shame to see people leaving on seventy five minutes. I know it must have been Baltic but l would have loved to have been there today and you wouldn't have got me to leave for love nor money.

The first exodus was after the og 66mins I think.

Weird old game that. I thought we barely got started and ended up winning 5 nil.

Weird atmosphere too.

Still great to get back to the old routine.

Oh, naismith is finished too. Good in the air but can't run. They gave him a crazily long contract too. At one point I thought ipkueza was going to deck him.... Which would have been nice

Nice short match day thread. A clear sign that things have gone well!

I thought there was a distinct attempt by Kamara and Arfield to move the ball quickly forward today at pace. Mjallby made the point on Thursday that Celtic move the ball quicker from mid to front. It’s a fair point, today however we looked to be positive in that area.

5 going on 9, 10, 11 without being any where near our best, against a side who were only interested in hacking down our players and officiated by a referee who clearly has no interest in protecting our players or offering a level playing field.

Sloppy periods of play need cut out, our passing at times in the last three matches has been poor. Thought we were a lot better second half and should be sitting top of the league on goal difference.

Tavernier, Davis and Barišić top performers for me whilst our two centre backs strolled it. You can grabble, kick, tug, elbow... Helander all day and he still won't lose his shit. Arfield has a much better 2nd half and Aribo was neat and tidy.

Good to see Kent continuing to get on the score-sheet, goals being spread around.

Only disappointment was no-one emptied Steven Naismith or Christophe Berra. Two absolute khunts of the highest order.

A walk in the park after a tough European match. Great result, we now move on to Wednesday.

Absolutely neck and neck with the bheggars. Who cracks first?

What really delighted me apart from the result was tav after the fifth goal urging the players to hurry up and get the game restarted to get another goal
Didn't help with those Jambo kunts booting the ball towards the Govan stand, even at 5-0 they were still trying to waste time.

Excellent result today and fairly warmed up this old Bear in the Broomloan.
Onwards to Wednesday now and a visit to the poisoned pen. We have enough about us to win at Pittodrie. Bring it on !

When the 5th went in I shouted at Ojo to get a feckin move on or they will do us out of £200 Sovs.

I think they heard me because they were really pushing for another goal the last 5 minutes.

Of course it might have been we would have been equal on GD with the bheasts that was urging them on:))
Guy beside me had a tenner on 5-0 and Alfie to score, 35 / 1, he was shitting himself that we didn't score a 6th.

Enjoyed that even though we never got out of first gear. Even had the fun of watching the weekly roaster woman in CD7 argue , noise up fellow fans and involve a poor wee steward. She’s great comedy value. I’ll hit you on the nut with my chewing gum she exclaimed.
Think that was my grandson and his girlfriend she was having a go at, Don't know what started it but she kept it going the whole game she's a rocket.

I feel your pain. I had 5 pounds on at 55/1 for 6-0 as well. that ref cost us dearly today.

5 going on 9, 10, 11 without being any where near our best, against a side who were only interested in hacking down our players and officiated by a referee who clearly has no interest in protecting our players or offering a level playing field.

Sloppy periods of play need cut out, our passing at times in the last three matches has been poor. Thought we were a lot better second half and should be sitting top of the league on goal difference.

Tavernier, Davis and Barišić top performers for me whilst our two centre backs strolled it. You can grabble, kick, tug, elbow... Helander all day and he still won't lose his shit. Arfield has a much better 2nd half and Aribo was neat and tidy.

Good to see Kent continuing to get on the score-sheet, goals being spread around.

Only disappointment was no-one emptied Steven Naismith or Christophe Berra. Two absolute khunts of the highest order.

A walk in the park after a tough European match. Great result, we now move on to Wednesday.

Absolutely neck and neck with the bheggars. Who cracks first?
As for the emptying.... 5 goals...a clean sheet + 3 points is far better imo than the same with a red card or two added...

As for the emptying.... 5 goals...a clean sheet + 3 points is far better imo than the same with a red card or two added...

Yes. That was me just back from the game, still thawing out and pissed off with the challenges on our players.

Hearts play Livingston in midweek. I hope they kick the Hearts players all over the park. Especially that snarling little khunt, Naismith.

Had a quick look on Hibsnet forum to see their reaction to yesterday's game
Match Updates** 2019-20 season non-Hibs games thread - Page 199

Whilst ecstatic about the result, it was pleasing to see that, other than a small number of twats, they were more than fair in their observations - they are far less anti Rangers than Hertz or the Sheep and mildly amusing !

Back