MOTM Poll Rangers v Hibernian - 12:30 Boxing Day - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
It shows he is low on confidence.
Strikers looking for a goal tend to over hit a shot instead of being technically subtle.
The subtlety comes after the confidence is restored.
Yes, I can’t remember the last time I saw a chip from there by any player.
£25m or £50m

It was a shocker even with the conditions. We were on the back foot so often when it wasn't required. So often we got the ball and just couldn't get anywhere. Hibs played with 10 men behind the ball and still created more chances that us. Put our defence under a lot more pressure than we did theirs.

Thankfully our quality shone through and some good play between Roofe and Hagi resulted in a goal.

To suggest our performance wasn't horrific would be to suggest the weather only affected us and not the spoonburners.
Check the stats. Hibs had one chance on target to our five and we had more off as well. They one on corners tho

I like how they showed that stat that we’ve conceded 1 goal in the last 15 minutes of games but failed to mention it was an own goal from a corner when we were 5 up haha

I

Really don't think it was a penalty after seeing replays of it.
Really? At first watch it looked like a penalty to me, the replays made it look an absolutely stonewaller. He’s nowhere near the ball and clearly clips Tav’s leg, tripping him up.
If Tavernier hadn’t tried to keep going, and just fallen instead, I’m convinced we would have got the decision.

A very good win whilst not playing well. I thought the manager once again was far to slow in making changes when were are playing poorly. The team should have been changed at 60 mins. Thankfully we don’t play badly too often .

First and foremost we are a footballing team. We play a lot of good football and create a lot of our goals that way.

Today, and not for the first time this season, we’ve shown that when conditions aren’t good to play football, we can buckle down and still win games. I like that.

I'm not being biased here but that should have been 4 or 5 and Gogic should have been off with all those fouls. Big 3 points, well done Rangers!

FFS, mate, give it a rest for today.
Don’t think I will. This is a Rangers forum and we are allowed to,comment on our players. I thought Morelos was excellent when he came on, but that chance shows me that he does have a weakness in his play Imo.

We really miss Morelos when he doesn’t play. He makes a huge difference to our hold up play and bringing players into the game.

overall thought we were excellent
I thought he should have come on for Kent at an earlier stage, but in hindsight perhaps Gerrard was keeping Kent on for tactical reasons.

Boyle at the end should be booked for diving. Fucking scandalous. It's shite like that that is turning me off football. I hate the cheating.
They were fhrowing themselves to the ground all over the pitch and Gollum and the stiffs with flags were giving everything. But some of our lads were not clever enough to see it coming.
I was quite irritated at big Joe near the end when he ran into the back of Newell and gave away a free kick about 15 yards outside the box.

Aribo MOTM by some distance, although Davis was also brilliant and the consummate professional for the most part.

JA is an absolute joy to watch in possession and his neat interplay, ball retention and maturity at the right times is an asset indeed.

Footnote: Morelos was absolutely spectacular when he came on!

Invited them on far too easily in the second half and didn’t create nearly enough, but it’s a test we’ve come through with a clean sheet and three points in harsh conditions against the best of the rest. Well done the Famous!

WATP!

It was a shocker even with the conditions. We were on the back foot so often when it wasn't required. So often we got the ball and just couldn't get anywhere. Hibs played with 10 men behind the ball and still created more chances that us. Put our defence under a lot more pressure than we did theirs.

Thankfully our quality shone through and some good play between Roofe and Hagi resulted in a goal.

To suggest our performance wasn't horrific would be to suggest the weather only affected us and not the spoonburners.
The Hibs keeper made three great saves - on another day we win 4-0.

Don’t think I will. This is a Rangers forum and we are allowed to,comment on our players. I thought Morelos was excellent when he came on, but that chance shows me that he does have a
You know a striker who doesn’t ?
All I’m really saying is that the criticism isn’t necessary today.
We’ve won and the lad in question has done his job.

Great to see Hagi back on the scorer’s sheet. Some needed confidence, and makes teams guess if they don’t know whether to cover him, Alfie, Roofe or Itten, whomever is on the park.
I think Hagi was a close second to Aribo for MOM. My new year resolution is for Kent and Alfie to start scoring again. Keep the faith 55 is just over the horizon. I remember spoiling their last attempt at 10 iar in my Ibrox debut season 1974/75. Pilot magic - never be 10 in a row. Stay safe everyone and I hope to be in Renfrew again before long

We were very lucky today but you need a bit of luck to win titles onwards and updates WATP

That’s a bit of an exaggeration. I would hardly say one save from the keeper and a couple of blocks makes us “very lucky” to anyone but Hibs fans, but we certainly did not dominate the last 30 minutes.

Nightshift tonight so nae booze, that was a hard shift not good for the nerves.
Probably one of our most disjointed performance, if we had got the second goal we would have won easy, instead we seemed to go really deep.
Thought Alfie done well when he came on, onwards to Wednesday.

We had very little to worry about from open play but at 1 - 0 I was always worried at corners and free kicks, it only needs a slip or an unkind break of the ball to lose a goal. Thankfully, and through good defending, it never happened and we take another step in the right direction.

Back