Match Thread ** Rangers v Hibernian - 15:00 Sat 3rd Feb - RangersTV.tv **

I've never even heard of this guy. Why will he cause us problems?

To be honest mate I’ve not seen him play either, I’m going on the word of a Grasshoppers fan I work with. He just signed for Hibs in the January window there and apparently he “will tear it up in Scotland”.

Take from that what you wish.

Hard game to predict this one I'm sure popcorn teeth will have his team pumped up,we need to stay focused and press them from the start Rangers.

Going for 2-1 the bears.

Fod
Tav
Bates
Martin
John
Goss
Holt
Windass
Candeias
Murphy
Morelos

Alnwick
Cardoso
Docherty
Halliday
Kranjcar
Cummings
Herrera

Channeling Kevin Keegan for a moment, I would love it if we batter this scum and rattle a few goals in doing so.

The game in August at Ibrox still riles me and payback would be sweet.

This game will be won and lost in midfield.

They are very strong there and have just added Allen.

Can Goss and Holt cope or do we need to bring in Docherty?

This game will be won and lost in midfield.

They are very strong there and have just added Allen.

Can Goss and Holt cope or do we need to bring in Docherty?

If Allan plays instead of Barkley then their midfield will be considerably weaker as he's a total passenger when the opposition has the ball.

Candeias, Holt, Goss and Murphy give us excellent work rate in the midfield and with Tav and John bombing forward against 2 wide men that aren't great at tracking back it's going to be a long afternoon for the Hibs midfield.

Throw in Windass breaking from midfield and running at their central defenders, plus linking with Morelos and I think we'll see an emphatic victory today Sniper.

Really looking forward to the game. Midfield is absolutely crucial to our chances today. We cannot allow Hibs to run over the top of us as we did in August. Main fear for me is that Goss and Holt will be outnumbered in there. Tough call for Murty on whether he keeps the team from last week or he brings in Docherty and sacrifices one of the front four.

A win today effectively knocks Hibs out of the running for 2nd place IMO leaving it between us and the Sheep.

I fully expect us to be 11 points ahead of them by 9:30 on Tuesday.

Huge boost if true.

Boyle a doubt too, he’s better than barker IMO

Both are weak at tracking
Really looking forward to the game. Midfield is absolutely crucial to our chances today. We cannot allow Hibs to run over the top of us as we did in August. Main fear for me is that Goss and Holt will be outnumbered in there. Tough call for Murty on whether he keeps the team from last week or he brings in Docherty and sacrifices one of the front four.

A win today effectively knocks Hibs out of the running for 2nd place IMO leaving it between us and the Sheep.

I fully expect us to be 11 points ahead of them by 9:30 on Tuesday.

We are a totally different proposition now in the mid with the 4-2-3-1 formation and 4 players in Goss, Holt, Murphy and Candeias who'll work their arses off SDF.
Our 2 wide men are far better grafters than their's.

I think we'll be fine in there mate.

I know we are at home but there must be a real dilemma about playing young Docherty in Midfield.

I'd rather we play our usual formation though and go for the throat early. If it looks like we are getting over run in Midfield then a change can be made.

Let them worry about us and our forward threat.

Foderingham

Tavernier
Bates
Martin
John

Holt - Goss
Candeias
Murphy

Windass

Morelos

It goes without saying a win is a must today.I'll take any kind of three points and no injuries.Got a feeling today may be closer than a lot on here think.I'll be happy if Gers prove me wrong and trounce the spoon burners.:D

I'm more confident when we are playing top 6 teams at the moment as we seem to have no problem against then, I think we will be too strong for Hibs today and at long last we have options on the bench if we need to change things

Even though I'm not going I'm absolutely buzzing for this game. Even more than usual. The feel good factor's back at the Brox. And we owe those Aids ridden,spoon burning vermin Big Time.
Get in tae them Rangers. WATP.

I'm more confident when we are playing top 6 teams at the moment as we seem to have no problem against then, I think we will be too strong for Hibs today and at long last we have options on the bench if we need to change things
Tend to agree.I prefer to play top teams rather than bottom teams.We tend to descend to their level at times.I hope GM recognises the need to change the game today if it's required and not just try to tough it out.This is not the game for trying to see out a result.

If Allan plays instead of Barkley then their midfield will be considerably weaker as he's a total passenger when the opposition has the ball.

Candeias, Holt, Goss and Murphy give us excellent work rate in the midfield and with Tav and John bombing forward against 2 wide men that aren't great at tracking back it's going to be a long afternoon for the Hibs midfield.

Throw in Windass breaking from midfield and running at their central defenders, plus linking with Morelos and I think we'll see an emphatic victory today Sniper.

Great - I'll hold you to that MU!

Same team as the last two league games for me.

The temptation is there to start Docherty but I think Goss and, in particular, Holt have earned their starting places for today due to their recent performances.

I do hope though that Murty is proactive with his substitutions today and if we are struggling in the middle then I hope he changes it and brings Docherty on before we have to start chasing the game.

In about these cunts today Rangers!

The only way for us to keep building momentum and grow the feel good factor around the club is to keep winning.
Play like the first 80 minutes against Aberdeen and we will be fine today.
Play like the last 10 minutes and we will lose.

Games against this lot have become far more bitter and far more important to win over the last couple of years. It would be bloody brilliant to send Lennon and their mutant fans home crying.

Fod
Tav
Bates
Martin
John
Goss
Holt
Windass
Candeias
Murphy
Morelos

Alnwick
Cardoso
Docherty
Halliday
Kranjcar
Cummings
Herrera

Agree with this. Folk are desperate to get JC into the team. Just need to keep taking chances when gets them.

I know we are at home but there must be a real dilemma about playing young Docherty in Midfield.

I'd rather we play our usual formation though and go for the throat early. If it looks like we are getting over run in Midfield then a change can be made.

Let them worry about us and our forward threat.

Foderingham

Tavernier
Bates
Martin
John

Holt - Goss
Candeias
Murphy

Windass

Morelos
This won’t be far away. I still have reservations about Holt, I love his work rate and desire but I just don’t think he is good enough, plus when we play against the more physical sides he can be a bit out of his depth.

I hope that Docherty can mature into the type of midfield general we are crying out for although I appreciate he is young and can take a bit of time to find his feet with us.

I have dreams of Cummings coming off the bench to score a late winner today, that would really sicken the spoon burners and send me home delighted!

I fancy us, things have been going well recently on and off the field and there's a genuine feel good factor again. Hopefully still the same come 5pm but it will be tough, no doubt about it.

Starting to get ready for this game now, take my seat later in CR4, I hope the team get out the traps quickly, early goal and make it a comfortable afternoon for us bears.
WATP

Hibs first choice centre backs are both out, Mcgregor and Hanlon.

To follow on from this, they released a centre back called Fontaine hours before their centre backs got injured.
An 18 year old called Ryan Porteous who has played a total of 95 minutes in the league this season is expected to play beside Ambrose.

Step up Alfredo Morelos.

I've never even heard of this guy. Why will he cause us problems?

I had a look at some stats and clips for Kamberi (for the podcast on Heart and Hand Patreon I'm doing).

He does look like he has ability. Good with his back to goal, bit of pace, strong.

No idea how he'll do in Scotland, or today for that matter, but I'll be interested to see.

To follow on from this, they released a centre back called Fontaine hours before their centre backs got injured.
An 18 year old called Ryan Porteous who has played a total of 95 minutes in the league this season is expected to play beside Ambrose.

Step up Alfredo Morelos.

I was kinda hoping Ambrose would play right back. Murphy would have given him problems with his pressing.

That means Whittaker coming in. If he plays well, he's a better player in there.

Then again, if he's not at his best, he can be very poor.

I was kinda hoping Ambrose would play right back. Murphy would have given him problems with his pressing.

That means Whittaker coming in. If he plays well, he's a better player in there.

Then again, if he's not at his best, he can be very poor.

Whittaker is out as well. Rherras right back and Stevenson left back.

Working away at the moment! Gutted I will be missing it! Will be relying on this thread for updates!

Fancy us to win 3-1!

C'Mon The Gers!!!

By all accounts their defence is going to be severely depleted today. We need to throw the kitchen sink at them.

Quick scan of their forum suggests the majority of the spoonburners reckon they'll just try and outscore us today given their defensive troubles. Could be in for a barnstormer.

6-2. Morelos is gonna get four in the first half.

A good 3 points with Lennon ragin'

4-0 the Gers :)

ITF6wf.gif

Back