Match Thread ** Rangers v Hibernian - 15:00 Sat 3rd Feb - RangersTV.tv **

Pen was right in front of me and I thought it was a stone Waller at the time. Tav kicked him in the ankle for no good fcking reason. Going nowhere and looking for it.

If I’m wrong after seeing replays I’ll hold my hands up but I would’ve been screaming for it at the other end.

Fans blaming the ref ffs rangers were piss poor today ,passing was awful , final ball was dreadfull ,midfield were a joke
Yes we were shite first half and didn’t make the most of the chances but just because we were shite doesn’t mean if a ref makes a bad decision that we should ignore it

MA needs to be looking for a coach pronto

The lack of half time subs proves Murtys not up to it
Id have made subs as well but even if you think it's too early to make subs it was blatant to everyone other than Murty that at least the shape needed changed.

Windass and Holt standing watching them pass the ball was embarrassing .

Windass offered very little today, his goals of late have been covering up his ineptitude. They had a good first half and offered nothing the second, the Morelos goal should have stood. To say I am gutted right now is an understatement.

We had been poor the first half but second half the momentum had totally changed and we were pummeling them. The goal was coming a mile off.

We got the goal, it is chopped off. Why? does anyone know, will they ever? shocker.

Hibs go up the park and get a soft penalty, score and 1-2 up.

Farkin tragic stuff.

Tav didn't need to make that challenge but that can happen in a game. The whole dynamic changed in 5 minutes through inept refereeing. Even if they get and score their penalty our goal should have stood. Totally different game at 2-2.

That is a good young (very young by Rangers standards as far as i can remember) team we had out there today. Folk need to get off the team and Murty's back. Shit results happen.

Genuinely thought we still had a shot at this league with the scum losing and picking up a few injuries.

Huge boost before the match.
Massive home crowd expecting a big response.
Playing against a team we should be bursting a gut against.

After today now resigned to the fact we can't win this league and will struggle to even get close enough to challenge.
You can't just allow 45 mins to elapse before you decide you are in a game......sorry not good enough.

We are playing for 2nd place.
Thinking exactly the same mate.First 45 minutes were terrible and then we realise we're in a game.Too late then.Add the fact that changes should have been made at half time.That's the slim hope of competing to win this league gone for another season.

Not at the game today due to work, so had to do with the fine match thread, thanks to all bears for the updates. (spent hours trying to find a stream that works, no joy)
We blew it at our place once again, it looks like we are getting out thought by chewbacca.
Feel good factor ruined, weekend ruined, i sink when Rangers lose.

Not sure why Murty is getting it. Whatever he did at half time changed the game. We totally dominated the second half, and his unorthodox subs got us level. Whether the Tavernier lovers on here like it or not, just one man's stupidity killed the momentum and cost us this game. Knocked the stuffing out of us and there was absolutely no need for his challenge. From behind the goal you see the shove

We dominated the 2nd half because - in part - Hibs allowed us to. They were obviously confident enough that they could defend their lead - a lead that came about because they had numbers in the midfield in the firs half.

We didn't create too much from open play. That's due to a lack of our creativity and their deep defending.

Absolute bullshit. The referee and his cronies chop off a perfectly legit Rangers goal and give them one of the worst penalty decisions you will ever see seen to it. At least 5 Rangers players booted up and down the park all day Hibs players rolling about as if they had been shot and their GK wasting time at every opportunity. A total embarrassment of officiating but no surprise and Rangers will bend over and say %^*& all as per usual.

100% correct.

Somebody get Murty and ask him does he still believes refs get things pretty much spot on.
Unbelievably stupid, naive comment.

Was expecting an impressive performance today but should have known better. Outfought and outthought really not good enough especially with the bonus of the bheasts having been beaten earlier
I thought the Candeias/Tav and Murphy/John combinations would have improved our defensive issues but still too shaky and on top of that our shooting boots must have been left in the locker. Can't think of any real positives today. Maybe later ............

You knew what Hibs were playing in the middle of the park today yet we went with two of the softest players in Scottish football. McGinn, McGeough and Allen went by our two like they weren't there at times.

70 minutes to make a change whilst 1-0 down.

Tactically inept.

We didn't play well at all today. Wrong options chosen all over the place with the ball, terrible concentration levels without it.
Aside from the pen decision WTF is Tav thinking about making that challenge ? He's been great for a while but today was really poor.
Murphy our best player, by a long way.
Collum- a ficking disgrace. Fussy, panicky prick. The Morelos header looked fine to me, nothing that doesn't go on in the box every time the ball comes in.
The penalty, Jesus Christ...Where do you start ? Soft is doing an injustice to soft things, if thats a penalty games will end 16 each every week.
Ultimately, it's our fault, lots of effort from the team but no one thinking.
I don't know what the problem is with playing at Ibrox, but it IS a problem and it needs fixed.
Our attempt to get back into some semblance of a league race may well have died today.

Thats the spirit

The spirit? It’s true. A ginger scrote can put out a team at Ibrox that runs all over us again? FFS half this board predicts what could happen in midfield. But not our youth coach. Now feck off before I end up banned. Obvious shit by folks out their depths and it’s the directors to blame no matter how much I support their actions to save us. The fat Japanese is the sort of appointment we need. Effective, ruthless and single minded in his persuit of the bheast agenda. Dirty ********** cants that they are.

We're the officials crap?Yes but they did not stop us from taking something from this game today,time and time again we have players who do not turn up on the day when it really matters! What a lacklustre performance more so knowing the filth had been defeated today. I'm just out the stadium so I'm still fuming, I might look back at my post later and think I was harsh but I have my doubts.

The difference is the referees.

The scum have Broon running around taking people out from behind, their players can assault other teams all night long and refs turn away without even a word.

The officials are the difference.

You are delusional if you think it’s the officials

That’s yahoo talk blaming referees, we are not good enough, simple as that

You need to take your head out the sand

Genuinely thought we still had a shot at this league with the scum losing and picking up a few injuries.

Huge boost before the match.
Massive home crowd expecting a big response.
Playing against a team we should be bursting a gut against.

After today now resigned to the fact we can't win this league and will struggle to even get close enough to challenge.
You can't just allow 45 mins to elapse before you decide you are in a game......sorry not good enough.

We are playing for 2nd place.

We have been playing for second place for a while now I don’t think the players have the mental strength to put a decent run together.

Murty got schooled today. Forget blaming the ref.
Every man and his dog knew how hibs would line up in midfield.
Unfortunately, we all knew how Murty would line up as well.
We were bossed in that first half. They had space all over the park and we were lucky it was only one at half time.
He should have changed it then, he didn't and he cost us three points.
Everyone knows how murty will line up and everyone knows he won’t make a change before the 70th minute unless it’s an injury

MA needs to be looking for a coach pronto

The lack of half time subs proves Murtys not up to it

Absolute bollocks. The second half was completely different and Murty must take credit for that surely. If Tavernier just shepherds Allan away from goal there is no penalty, there is no loss of momentum and we would have one the game. Take your anti Murty specs off and finger the one guy who cost us the chance to win that game, and it isn't the ref either, even if two soft calls did go against us.

Hopefully Holt who is too weak and Windass who is too weak willed will now make way for Docherty and Cummings.

Hopefully McCrorie isn't too far away either. We need warriors not wimps.

We needed control of the middle of the park, thats the only decent part of their team

We had been poor the first half but second half the momentum had totally changed and we were pummeling them. The goal was coming a mile off.

We got the goal, it is chopped off. Why? does anyone know, will they ever? shocker.

Hibs go up the park and get a soft penalty, score and 1-2 up.

Farkin tragic stuff.

Tav didn't need to make that challenge but that can happen in a game. The whole dynamic changed in 5 minutes through inept refereeing. Even if they get and score their penalty our goal should have stood. Totally different game at 2-2.

That is a good young (very young by Rangers standards as far as i can remember) team we had out there today. Folk need to get off the team and Murty's back. Shit results happen.
shit results happen but they happen far too often under murty

Ok soft penalty but what the hell is Tav thinking about. Pure stupidity. We could well have gone on to win that. Killed it dead.

*NEWSFLASH* I back windass up at every turn...today he was God awful for a supposed playmaker,number 10 he was a passenger today as were others mind you.

Far too many false dawns and that's been the story of our season.
For the record i've never been a fan of Murty and want him replaced asap.
Nothing against the guy but he's not cut out to be the manager of Rangers.

Hopefully Holt who is too weak and Windass who is too weak willed will now make way for Docherty and Cummings.

Hopefully McCrorie isn't too far away either. We need warriors not wimps.

I can't believe Holt is wearing the captain's armband.

In matches like this Windass is a man down.

I haven't a clue how we do this
We just seem to beat ourselves
That spoonburning shower today were no better than bang average -
Get we struggle to deal with them - do our players not believe in they're own ability ?

Pen was right in front of me and I thought it was a stone Waller at the time. Tav kicked him in the ankle for no good fcking reason. Going nowhere and looking for it.

If I’m wrong after seeing replays I’ll hold my hands up but I would’ve been screaming for it at the other end.
Penalty all day long. Facking stupid tackle to make when he's turned as away from goal.

I’m in Bf3 row L, stone wall pen. Fuckin idiot should have his wages docked. Cost us the game IMHO.

If there’s one silver lining from today it’s that it will surely put to bed any prospect of Murty becoming manager on a permanent basis.

He’s a nice guy, but as far as being Rangers manager is concerned, he hasn’t got ‘it’. Souness had it, Smith had it, Advocaat had it.

Murty does not. I’m not talking about having millions to spend. I’m talking about being an alpha male, about having the ability to instill a sense of arrogance and superiority within the players.

Murty comes across more as a teacher unable to control his class, try as he might. He’s too nice. We don’t need a nice manager, we need a bastard who knows what Rangers are about and treats the rest of Scottish football with contempt.

Realistic target now is to pip Aberdeen to second place, even if it’s by winning ugly and securing 2nd place on goal difference on the final day. But the bottom line is, they’re a good side and it’s going to be difficult to push them back into 3rd when we keep dropping stupid points like we have today.

Hibs at home? For Rangers, that should be a gimme. The fact that it isn’t is an indictment of our squad, which has too many well-meaning but inferior players and is being managed by a man who didn’t really want the job and patently doesn’t have the stomach to manage Rangers in any case.

We have been playing for second place for a while now I don’t think the players have the mental strength to put a decent run together.

You're absolutely right but the optimist in me seen a glimmer of hope that I had every right to cling to.

I seen things turning in our favour and then it's all shot to bits when we turn up and play one half of football.

Last edited:
Reason we lost murtys team selection. You have to win midfield battle we had none plus ref allowed persistent fouling.

I haven't a clue how we do this
We just seem to beat ourselves
That spoonburning shower today were no better than bang average -
Get we struggle to deal with them - do our players not believe in they're own ability ?
No, I think it comes from Murty not being able to change a game that's getting away from us.

You are delusional if you think it’s the officials

That’s yahoo talk blaming referees, we are not good enough, simple as that

You need to take your head out the sand
We weren’t good enough but if you don’t think refs are affecting results this season your the one with your head in the sand.

Yeah that’s it blame the fans. Don’t blame the gutless team. The home record is absolutely shocking. We had a chance to close the gap on the filth, put a bit of pressure on. People like yourself are the ones that accept mediocracy not fans that expect after the mentally challengeds dropping points to beat that shower of shite today.
Show me where I accept mediocrity?
Oh.....I see, if you don't slag off the entire staff at the club in the most venomous immature fashion, then in your book that is accepting mediocrity.
Did you boo at the end?

Bollox, we had a goal chopped off and no one can figure out why.

Hivs penalty 9 times out of 10 would have been waved off.

Countless fouls were not punished inline with the offences.

WC the dirty little Rhat bastard cost us today, saying otherwise is simply untrue.
That’s the way I saw it WC used to be fair but they bastards have got to him. Rangers score after getting a perfectly good goal chopped off.How can you stop our momentum, step up Willie column . That penalty decision fucked it for us today

I thought Bartley was booked in the first half. I was thinking he should have been given another for persistent fouling.

Overall that's irrelevant. Today we were second best.

Back