Match Thread ** Rangers v Hibernian - 15:00 Sat 3rd Feb - RangersTV.tv **

As much as Murty has been doing well lately we always lose when we can gain at Aberdeen or Celtics expense we have failed to press an advantage at every opportunity and bottled it , we need a manager who will take these chances and not fail these tests.

Bollox, we had a goal chopped off and no one can figure out why.

Hivs penalty 9 times out of 10 would have been waved off.

Countless fouls were not punished inline with the offences.

WC the dirty little Rhat bastard cost us today, saying otherwise is simply untrue.

Morelos was offside! I called it as soon as the freekick was hit. It was clear.

Worst foul of the season is the one on Jack vis Motherwell. Not punished and deprived us of the type of player we needed in the game today. McGinn and Kamberi lucky to stay on the park though, as was Bartley all because Collum knew the second booking meant red and having to explain himself to Popcorn Teeth. We as such a soft touch now that we're being shafted for it on a regular basis but again this shouldn't take away from another poor home performance.

Abysmal weak crap , first half totally bossed by hibs midfield Scott Allan run the show first half the mcginn scored.
Chasing the game all second half every time a player got past his opponent he was taken out.
That midfield of wee boy Holt and boss is useless and always will be and windlass is too hot n cold.
The previous two games papered over the crack of total shit .
Murty has no tactical nous Lennon schooled him taking his best midfielder and putting him on the wing to stop tav getting forward.

If there’s one silver lining from today it’s that it will surely put to bed any prospect of Murty becoming manager on a permanent basis.

He’s a nice guy, but as far as being Rangers manager is concerned, he hasn’t got ‘it’. Souness had it, Smith had it, Advocaat had it.

Murty does not. I’m not talking about having millions to spend. I’m talking about being an alpha male, about having the ability to instill a sense of arrogance and superiority within the players.

Murty comes across more as a teacher unable to control his class, try as he might. He’s too nice. We don’t need a nice manager, we need a bastard who knows what Rangers are about and treats the rest of Scottish football with contempt.

Realistic target now is to pip Aberdeen to second place, even if it’s by winning ugly and securing 2nd place on goal difference on the final day. But the bottom line is, they’re a good side and it’s going to be difficult to push them back into 3rd when we keep dropping stupid points like we have today.

Hibs at home? For Rangers, that should be a gimme. The fact that it isn’t is an indictment of our squad, which has too many well-meaning but inferior players and is being managed by a man who didn’t really want the job and patently doesn’t have the stomach to manage Rangers in any case.

That is the problem we are nice. Nice does not win you games. Fed up of turning up to games when we are gutless.

You are delusional if you think it’s the officials

That’s yahoo talk blaming referees, we are not good enough, simple as that

You need to take your head out the sand

So you think WC was fair today?

He allowed countless tackles to go unpunished, time wasting by their keeper, a penalty that 9 times out of 10 would be waved off.

Then our goal being chalked off for? No one seems to know.

Brown made two utterly disgraceful tackles against Hearts on Tuesday and didn't get pulled up for either. Furthermore one of them was waved on, where they scored from it, the referee though is impartial in your mind?!!

Bollocks.

I can't believe the murty bashing.
Its not his fault we can't put the ball in the net.

It was a stone wall penalty
Stupid to put the challenge in he was going no where.

Usual scape goats getting we win as a team and loose as a team .
We are in the middle of rebuilding

Im hurting like everyone else

*NEWSFLASH* I back windass up at every turn...today he was God awful for a supposed playmaker,number 10 he was a passenger today as were others mind you.
Should have scored twice.

Didn't see the full game as I'm in work and its poor, disappointing, kick in the balls, but this place is nuts when things dont go our way. In no way were we 'disgraceful', they were the better side in the first half but we could have went in at the break leading. Wes called a calamity as well, I dont think we made one mistake never mind a calamity. People shouting no less than £10m for Morelos then literally 45 minutes of play later he's getting everything thrown at him. The one after Windass went 1 on 1 passing to Murphy was the correct choice, it was on Morelos bad foot. The one that he 'should have taken first time' was at an awkward height. Windass chances were far more clear cut.

This inability to win at home is enough to make you weep. Whilst I like what Murty has achieved so far he obviously cannot motivate our squad for home games. Far too often we are poor first half and then wake up for the second. Or do our players have some sort of mental block when playing in front of 49K fans

Before kick off, the thought was that we could close the gap by three points.
Pity that the team never turned up. Oh !! And Gollum was ref.

If there’s one silver lining from today it’s that it will surely put to bed any prospect of Murty becoming manager on a permanent basis.

He’s a nice guy, but as far as being Rangers manager is concerned, he hasn’t got ‘it’. Souness had it, Smith had it, Advocaat had it.

Murty does not. I’m not talking about having millions to spend. I’m talking about being an alpha male, about having the ability to instill a sense of arrogance and superiority within the players.

Murty comes across more as a teacher unable to control his class, try as he might. He’s too nice. We don’t need a nice manager, we need a bastard who knows what Rangers are about and treats the rest of Scottish football with contempt.

Realistic target now is to pip Aberdeen to second place, even if it’s by winning ugly and securing 2nd place on goal difference on the final day. But the bottom line is, they’re a good side and it’s going to be difficult to push them back into 3rd when we keep dropping stupid points like we have today.

Hibs at home? For Rangers, that should be a gimme. The fact that it isn’t is an indictment of our squad, which has too many well-meaning but inferior players and is being managed by a man who didn’t really want the job and patently doesn’t have the stomach to manage Rangers in any case.

Worst post i have read in a while

Totally agree, I've never really got the popularity of Holt.

Windass has some ability but strangely (given the type of player his father was) has absolutely nothing about him.
. Our Manager has got to make decisions like subbing off players playing shite before 65 fuckin minutes but blame the ref today thought I would never see a worse refereeing display than Beaton. Step up Willie fuckrn Coloumn a complete lady's front bottom

Don't worry mate, we have this today. If it makes you feel any better I think we will win every game 4-0 :D
Now you can see where I’m coming from.
Look, I know it’s a game we play and it shouldn’t take it too seriously, I just cringe when I read the forecasts.
Unfortunately, I picked a bad day to moan about it.

FFS - why when popcorn teeth is in charge of a shit poet team with cheating Celtic players do we not do everything to ensure a win at all costs. We were shit - those cunts should not be winning at Ibrox with that twat in charge. End of.

As much as Murty has been doing well lately we always lose when we can gain at Aberdeen or Celtics expense we have failed to press an advantage at every opportunity and bottled it , we need a manager who will take these chances and not fail these tests.
Really?
Bottled it?

Feel like banging my head off a wall.Only way i can cheer myself is.. I think with McCorrie/Jack/Dorrans we win that game

What about our disallowed goal?
I'd need to see it again, in terms of what happened with Windass and was there an offside. Equally would like to see the one Hibs got chopped off for offside, maybe it was but again just saw it once.

Either way, doesn't change the fact we were rotten and it was a penalty.

Really believed we would have came out flying today and wrapped it up before half time.

That was the vibe i had all week and it was reinforced by the scum result.

Until Ibrox is a place to be feared again we won't sustain a challenge.

I kept saying it, friendly wins mean nothing, new signings mean nothing until you put together a competitive winning streak. But no, everyone had to get ahead of themselves and set it up for a fall again.

That was garbage today, another home defeat to a Neil Lennon led Hibs side and still not consistent run of wins.

It’s just not good enough, and in games like this Murty looks every inch the youth team coach, Windass looks every inch the Accrington player etc etc

Bollox, we had a goal chopped off and no one can figure out why.

Hivs penalty 9 times out of 10 would have been waved off.

Countless fouls were not punished inline with the offences.

WC the dirty little Rhat bastard cost us today, saying otherwise is simply untrue.
The truth is we were poor no use blaming ref

A lot of us on here starting to sound like the scum. We weren't good enough today. End of. Stop looking for excuses. No conspiracy, no cheating. Just a team that didn't show up.
Should hear the guy right behind me in GF7. Everyweek he's shouting "you're an effing cheat ref", "you're costing us the game ref!" Embarrassing stuff

I kept saying it, friendly wins mean nothing, new signings mean nothing until you put together a competitive winning streak. But no, everyone had to get ahead of themselves and set it up for a fall again.

That was garbage today, another home defeat to a Neil Lennon led Hibs side and still not consistent run of wins.

It’s just not good enough, and in games like this Murty looks every inch the youth team coach, Windass looks every inch the Accrington player etc etc
I don't believe it,I absolutely agree.

We were poor in defence, wasteful in front of goal & often slow to move the ball.
Collum failed to book their infringements & rushed to punish ours with cards. Hibs could have finished with 8 on the park.
But the real disappointment was our own players. Windass should've been subbed at h/t. Murphy was anonymous. And Tav, who I like, was naive in the extreme. How often is Wes beaten from outside the box?

There's no way Murty, nice guy that he is, can be the manager next season. He doesn't make changes when it's crying out for it. Hibs constantly changed how many men they had sitting in midfield and defence. We played one man up front, at home. I actually just wish it was the start of next season, this one has, yet again, been an embarrassing shambles.

I thought the ghost of Mark Warburton had returned at times today. Back to this silly tippy tappy passing game at a snails pace instead of our recent directness in the final third.

Haven't read the thread. Just home. But I suspect I won't be alone in saying games like today are reasons why we can't give Murty the gig permanently. He was out-thought by treacle teeth today in the same way that some of the players were out-fought on the park. Not good enough.

I commented on a thread yesterday that the team and formation more or less picked itself for this game. And that was what he put out. However he then failed to adapt it. We were over-run in the middle of the park for long periods of the game, and it was compounded by guys like Candeias and Windass having poor games. I can't understand why something like Docherty for Windass and a tighter middle three, plus Cummings for Candeias didn't happen at half time.

More broadly - we currently have a lot of injuries, as did the spoon burners today. So that probably equalled out. So putting that to one side look at the business we did in January compared to them. As a support we are entitled to be expecting a comfortable win based on that. Murty and his team today failed to deliver.

I didn’t think it was the whole of the first half.
In fact, I thought it was only the first quarter and their goal was “against the run of play” when it was scored.
I thought we actually created more in the first period as well.

I’d agree. I read the incessant criticism of Murty not changing things. Scott Allan was tearing us apart in the first 30 minutes today - regularly finding himself in acres of space. Murty shifted Goss slightly and that saw Allan fall out the game completely.

Those who wanted to see a 4-4-2 with Docherty and Cummings in got to see it for a while today. It didn’t work. We are better sticking with 4-2-3-1 in my opinion. Though Docherty for Holt may be an option well worth considering. Cummings isn’t going to do it for us, in my opinion, and won’t get many starts unless Morelos moves on this month

I'm still in hope as we still have - mcrorie, jack, rossiter,dorrans and Wallace to come back . Holt was awful , we have a problem with finishing in the final third. I don't want to blame the ref but what's with us and inconsistent refs .

Piss poor 1st half.Everytime we get to the edge of the box we shat it and needed an extra touch.Gutted leaving Ibrox today knowing that lurgan bigot f uck pig had bagged 3points

We were poor in defence, wasteful in front of goal & often slow to move the ball.
Collum failed to book their infringements & rushed to punish ours with cards. Hibs could have finished with 8 on the park.
But the real disappointment was our own players. Windass should've been subbed at h/t. Murphy was anonymous. And Tav, who I like, was naive in the extreme. How often is Wes beaten from outside the box?

This last point - we fanny about trying to walk it into the net, and yet week after week we seem to have other clubs rocking up to Ibrox and rattling in screamers. Frustrating as %^*&

Heard that in the commentary, but I can't remember hime getting one in the first half.

Funny enough I was certain he showed him the second yellow, then realised what he did and just turned away before he thought
that nobody would have noticed his error of not giving the wee rhat a red card. I was shouting so funcikg loud the dug shat a brick &
bolted out of lounge, will need to wait & see if mr.compliance gets on the case.o_O

Back