Match Thread ** Rangers v Hibernian - 15:00 Sat 3rd Feb - RangersTV.tv **

Today is just amongst many reasons why we won't get close to the filth for quite some time yet.

My observations from today; we are hugely missing McCrorie in the middle of the park. There were warning signs against Aberdeen and it happened again today. Teams can play there way through our midfield too easily and open up the defence. Allan and McGinn had far too much time and space at times, we really need someone capable of putting the boot in and breaking up play.

Tactically we were completely out manoeuvred first half and took far too long to change it. Morelos played against 3 centre halves. None of Hibs back three looked comfortable on the ball yet we never put them under any pressure. When isolated 1 v 1 late in the game they all took bookings. They should have been under that sort of pressure far earlier. Waiting 70 mins for a sub was not acceptable.

Overall today, they had spells on top and we had spells on top.
They created some good chances and so did we.
Their midfield won the first half, I thought ours won the second.
In tight games like this, it often comes down to individual mistakes. Candeias and Tavernier have been really good in recent games but they weren't as effective today, and Candeias giving the ball away cost us their opener, Tavernier's stupid decision to put in a tackle in the box when there was no danger cost us their winner.

Good teams who challenge for titles find ways to win close games. Today we found a way to lose.

I wasnt at the game today and dont want to sound like one of them but after the scum getting beat, were we going to be allowed to win the game?
I was at the game today. Losing happened because we didn't play well enough, and Hibs did. There's no conspiracy about this match. Our passing was inaccurate, we had no real threat up front, and we struggled with the pace of Hibs attacks.
We're not good enough.

I wasnt at the game today and dont want to sound like one of them but after the scum getting beat, were we going to be allowed to win the game?
Am afraid we had only ourselves to blame today.We were f ucking rotten.Every man,woman,child knew the bigot would have his mob up for it yet we couldn't do jack shit to combat it.

Murty got schooled today. Forget blaming the ref.
Every man and his dog knew how hibs would line up in midfield.
Unfortunately, we all knew how Murty would line up as well.
We were bossed in that first half. They had space all over the park and we were lucky it was only one at half time.
He should have changed it then, he didn't and he cost us three points.
More crap.
Regardless of that, I reckon Murty saw a weakness in the Hibs defence and kept Windass further forward to capitalise on it.
I’ll say again, we only lost the midfield battle in the first quarter of the game.
Hibs weren’t in the game in the second period.
I can’t remember them having two shots on goal.
So much for midfield dominance.

More crap.
Regardless of that, I reckon Murty saw a weakness in the Hibs defence and kept Windass further forward to capitalise on it.
I’ll say again, we only lost the midfield battle in the first quarter of the game.

Windass was a passenger today and looking like his old self. I was astonished that he wasn't one of the two players subbed off when Cummings and Docherty came on.

We were off the pace in the first half but still had 3 gilt-edged chances, 4 if you count the Morelos one that Candeias headed down to him. Windass missing the two one on ones cost us, the second one felt worse because we got it straight back and still didn't bury it from inside the box.

Not converting chances early in games is costing us big time, well that and the fact we can't seem to deal with physical sides. Frustrating to watch.

Last edited:
Except for the two goals, the disallowed goal, the block Tav had.
We were lucky it was only 1-0 at the end of the first half.
He maybe never got schooled, he didn't need to be. By not changing anything in the middle of the park he made Lennons job so much easier for him.

If we had turned up, fought from the word go and taken our chances, we would have won.

The first half was pathetic. Not only in front of goal but in terms of getting in their face, closing them down, quality of pass, attitude...

Windass was a passenger today and looking like his old self. I was astonished that he wasn't one of the two players subbed off when Cummings and Docherty came on.

I don’t agree but he was a bit better after the substitutions, was he not?

Very frustrating after getting back after today. When it went 1-1 it looked like there was only one winner then they get that penalty :mad: we need to cut out these daft mistakes! We go again during the week .​

Just back from the match,5hour round journey,car problems on return journey,cost us over £100 to resolve,Rangers this is just not good enough,we are too weak,too fragile,all over the park,no leaders,no ball winners,our midfield was missing,mcgeoch,allen,and mcgann,bossed our non existing midfield,looking for positives can’t find any,going for my first bottle of wine! Always w.a.t.p.

At the game thought it was a stick on penalty just seen the reply and no question it was. Why did Tav push Allan and put his foot in front of him? Stupid school boy error. Cost us the game.

More crap.
He did get taught a lesson, they made tactical changes to combat the most dangerous aspect of our attack the moved their best player over to the left. We on the other hand were as predictable as me needing a shite in the next 10 hours.

Very frustrating after getting back after today. When it went 1-1 it looked like there was only one winner then they get that penalty :mad: we need to cut out these daft mistakes! We go again during the week .​
Murty’s fault, this daft mistake.
Apparently, this happened because Lennon taught him a lesson.

He did get taught a lesson, they made tactical changes to combat the most dangerous aspect of our attack the moved their best player over to the left. We on the other hand were as predictable as me needing a shite in the next 10 hours.
These tactical changes that outfoxed us, tell me how much of the play they dictated in the second half, the last three quarters, actually, because I’m really struggling to remember Hibernian dominating any aspect of the game or being anything like comfortable outwith the first quarter or so today.

Hate when our own fans fanny dance around the facts. Beat off a average hibs who had their 2 main CBs out. Allan and Bartley bossed us.. we had nohing to offer in a physical sense. They won that battle..Holt tries but Goss has ability on the ball.. save me the shit please. Bates can win a header but by %^*& the boy is useless at brining the ball out. Windass went missing & Candieas was our worst player , mcginn for the 1st goal hahahaa please someone watch that back and agree that Candeias was a shambles... then he decided to abused fans who questioned his effort!!! When we are on a high we are brought down with a bang.. same old.. tactics were howling Murty!!!!!!

We were not outplayed today we were out thought. They over ran us in midfield first half and a goal for them was inevitable.
That was not a great performing Hibs team it was a poor motivated,tactical clueless Rangers side. I am convinced if we had a more tactical minded manger we would have won that game today. We have players with much more ability than them.
Sorry Grahame you had your chance but back to the youth team is my preference and we start looking for someone who is more tactical aware and knows when to change formation/players when required and within a reasonable timescale.

My opinion is just not after today's result but after a few games it was glaringly obvious change was required.

I am not long home from the game and thought I would chip in with my tuppenceworth before hitting the sack. The first half was a keen contest. Hibs had the midfield control but we made at least three very decent scoring chances and should have grabbed the lead before they scored. Candeias allowed McGinn to outmuscle him but give credit to McGinn for a great shot.

We totally dominated the second half and should have won the game. For the first time in many a long day on leaving Ibrox after losing, I actually thought Rangers played well. It is easy for many on here to disagree with that opinion after a defeat, but I was not disheartened by today'so result. My thoughts are that once we get McCrorie fit again, we will be capable of beating any team in Scotland.

Ffs 5hats 6vl points dropped t9 hibs slat Ibrox few if we had appointed big eck iñ the summer we would 9f win this league WATP

Sickener. Don't think there was much between the teams but Hibs seemed to want it that wee bit more. Few below par performances from us, thought Tav wasn't as good as he's been recently, but John, Goss and Murphy played really well. We need to braver in front of goal, hittting it first time, and nt hitting it straight at the goalie.

Always happens when we've got the opportunity to close the gap.

We were not outplayed today we were out thought. They over ran us in midfield first half and a goal for them was inevitable.
That was not a great performing Hibs team it was a poor motivated,tactical clueless Rangers side. I am convinced if we had a more tactical minded manger we would have won that game today. We have players with much more ability than them.
Sorry Grahame you had your chance but back to the youth team is my preference and we start looking for someone who is more tactical aware and knows when to change formation/players when required and within a reasonable timescale.

My opinion is just not after today's result but after a few games it was glaringly obvious change was required.

With a decent manager we are not that far away - Clark or McInnes could make more of what we have.

We miss Dorrans, Jack and McCrorie in midfield. But injuries happen. The penalty should not have been given, but our performance wasn't good enough.

We miss Dorrans, Jack and McCrorie in midfield. But injuries happen. The penalty should not have been given, but our performance wasn't good enough.

Although I don't disagree, I thought we should have won yesterday and were very unlucky not to have done so. The players you quoted above will make a difference but I also think Sean Goss is a genuinely good player. I hope that we can hold on to this guy beyond the end of the season.

Although I don't disagree, I thought we should have won yesterday and were very unlucky not to have done so. The players you quoted above will make a difference but I also think Sean Goss is a genuinely good player. I hope that we can hold on to this guy beyond the end of the season.

The jury's still out on Goss for me. Obviously he scored a very good goal yesterday but we'll see how his overall contribution goes.

goss and holt were reported missing,our midfield was rubbish,windass
was running about like a headless chicken we were rubbish.,

With a decent manager we are not that far away - Clark or McInnes could make more of what we have.
Yesterday showed that although Murty has made great strides forward in management, and I commend him for that, but he lacks first team experience.
If we had Steve Clarke as manager these games would never be lost.
In saying all of that, that ref Collum has a grudge against us.

With time to reflect; we lacked aggression in the middle without McCrorie. Hibs were far quicker to close down & on the break. But the goals were individual errors. Allowed McGinn room/time and Wes asleep again from distance. Tav - who I also admire - was naïve for the PK. It looked from early on that Josh wasn't going to have a good day.
Coaching should help, but these are repeat issues.

Back