MOTM Poll Rangers v Hibernian - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
I'd say the same thing to people who can't watch and enjoy a win because it didn't meet some completely arbitrary 'standard' they've set. Unless it's 5-0 and we're doing everything right, it sounds like you're not going to enjoy it or be happy with what you watch. Knowing that most games in football are decided by 1 goal, I'm delighted we managed to do that. Taking anything else away from that is just quite sad to me.
Haha, start with the fairy tales when the facts don’t suit.
I’ll say it again, this is the match thread, for comments on the match.
Critiquing the performance, unless it’s abusive, is the essence of what a ‘match thread’ is about.

Haha, start with the fairy tales when the facts don’t suit.
I’ll say it again, this is the match thread, for comments on the match.
Critiquing the performance, unless it’s abusive, is the essence of what a ‘match thread’ is about.
Which part is 'fairy tales' there?

I didn't get a clear picture of why Hibs goal was disallowed, the one where the rebound went in. Can someone clarify why the goal was disallowed?
I thought we played conservatively and deserved a 2-1 win. 2 cracking goals to enjoy.

I think we’ll struggle against them next week and I wouldn’t be surprised if we got beat. (This doesn’t mean I fear them before anyone says that)

I just think that since we won the league we’ve lacked a little bit of edge in games and I think it’s understandable.

I didn’t think we played well v Celtic, in either of the Slavia games or the game today. We just haven’t looked the same team that won us 55.

I’m not saying we’ve no chance next week but I think winning the league so early might have hampered us slightly and unfortunately the mentally challengeds have more to prove between now and the end of the season than we do.
Tend to agree...Patterson has done really well but we are also missing Tav & Jack now - it's showing

Another win, another three points, another step towards an invincible season.

We had some moments of great play, mixed with some moment of real lethargy. I fear we will need to do better next week to advance in the Cup.

Hard to pick a MOTM today as I didnt feel we had many real stand outs. Kent was the best of our attackers, even if he was frustrated more often than not, he kept at it and got his reward with a cracking goal. Young Patterson also did well, both defensively, and going forward. He is maturing into a very well rounded full back.

I thought a few of our internationals looked off the pace today, no doubt as a result of not really having any down time. Steven Davis was well off his best, and Barasic got a roasting down the left from Boyle at times. Although I dont like picking a defender when we win, I have to agree with the sponsors choice today. Big Phil was solid as a rock today, snuffing out most of the Hibs threats. He sometimes lives in his partner's shadow, but today I thought he shone the brightest.

WATP!

I think we’ll struggle against them next week and I wouldn’t be surprised if we got beat. (This doesn’t mean I fear them before anyone says that
This is the kind of optimism that keeps this place going.

If anybody at Ibrox isn't up for it next week then they shouldn't be at Rangers.

Going through the season undefeated is our No. 2 priority now, the cup is No. 1.

We haven't been great last two times out but still have 4/6 points from the games. If we can step up to our high intensity game, and we should be able to, then we will be far too good for them.

I was going to mention this mate, obviously that has unsettled a few.

Personally, I think some people just dont enjoy football, seems to he used as something for venting about lifes frustrations.

Lose next week and some will be demanding gerrards resignation.
There was a poll on here as well about how much football you watch outside Rangers. It was about 50% that didn't watch any other football from memory. Imagine the overlap between the guys with veins popping out of their temples, screaming abuse at Ibrox or posting constantly negative shite in these match threads and those who are ignorant of the wider game. I'm guessing the Venn diagram would be a circle.

We never got going for most of the match apart from a 10 minute spell first half another 3 points and didn`t seem to have any problems injury wise. Thought our decision making and passing wasnt the best at times but if I am honest I was expecting the same intensity of game given the league is done and dusted. Hopefully saving our A game for next week.

Onwards and upwards.

This is the kind of optimism that keeps this place going.

If anybody at Ibrox isn't up for it next week then they shouldn't be at Rangers.

Going through the season undefeated is our No. 2 priority now, the cup is No. 1.

We haven't been great last two times out but still have 4/6 points from the games. If we can step up to our high intensity game, and we should be able to, then we will be far too good for them.

I don’t disagree with what you’re saying mate.

Where I’d argue is that the priority for the season was 55, we’ve achieved that. Whether you like it or not, I like subconsciously the players would’ve relaxed and they’ve lost a little bit of the edge to their game.

I actually think winning the league so early has hampered our chances in Europe and the cup tbh.

I don’t disagree with what you’re saying mate.

Where I’d argue is that the priority for the season was 55, we’ve achieved that. Whether you like it or not, I like subconsciously the players would’ve relaxed and they’ve lost a little bit of the edge to their game.

I actually think winning the league so early has hampered our chances in Europe and the cup tbh.
We'll need to struggle towards it a bit longer next season eh?

I hope Gerrard and the rest of the coaching staff consider this strategy.

Job done, another 3 points in the bag. Was it our best performance of the season, no but I'm not to fussed about that. 17 home games, 17 wins. Onto the Cup we go, lets do these c unts next week Rangers.

Agree one game at a time,our boss, the gaffer, versus the bravest man,l know which man and team I'm behind,and fancy on the day!

We'll need to struggle towards it a bit longer next season eh?

I hope Gerrard and the rest of the coaching staff consider this strategy.

No. Next season we reset in pre season and set new goals.

Id love to win the cup, I’m just not going to let it spoil 55 for me if we get put out of it.

Glad that one is out of the way, guaranteed nobody at Rangers underestimated Hibs who on their day are a very good side. Gers seem to stay on the boil much better when they have a heavy schedule, a week without a game barely seems a benefit to performance(s). Hibs were always going to be a test, they better be well up for it in Scottish Cup, the other lot certainly will be.

Tend to agree...Patterson has done really well but we are also missing Tav & Jack now - it's showing
Agree, with Jack missing we don’t have that player that disrupts the oppositions midfield. I thought Zunga was brought in as cover but it’s obvious the management team don’t think he is up to it.

Last edited:
You can't just switch form on and off. I'm far from a panty wetter but I think some of the concerns about our tempo and form going into next week are valid.
Meh you can a wee bit.

Barisic didn’t kick his own arse today but I fully expect him to be at it v the Tims. Massive difference in playing what is basically a meaningless friendly and a competitive game

Nope. Never was, but in Salt Lake now.

In the modern game you don’t get away with pulling players back that have got beyond you, especially in the last 20 minutes. Just a reality.
My wee boy lives there - he is the Director of Coaching for Park City Red Wolves and Manager of the ASL team

Which part is 'fairy tales' there?
1. I can't watch and enjoy a win because it didn't meet some completely arbitrary 'standard'.
2. It has to be 5-0.
3. We have to do everything right,
4. I’m not going to enjoy or be happy with what I watch.

You listen to Gerrard’s post-match?
You hear him mention what you see as completely arbitrary when he said he wanted us to keep standards up for the whole of the game?

Any further insight on Helander :))
I think it's fair game to judge you as a moaner mate when you picked holes in our best player today. Great knowledge of the beautiful game
'Great knowledge of the beautiful game'
Your opinion mate, which you are quite entitled to.

Best player?
Again your opinion.

Actually I think he, Helander, was exposed. Mainly by Barasic, not playing his best game.
They were getting at us especially from the right.

A moaner...possibly?
Just don't like to see us as a team 'get at' easily. By anyone.

If that makes me a moaner ...I can handle that.

Another win, another three points, another step towards an invincible season.

We had some moments of great play, mixed with some moment of real lethargy. I fear we will need to do better next week to advance in the Cup.

Hard to pick a MOTM today as I didnt feel we had many real stand outs. Kent was the best of our attackers, even if he was frustrated more often than not, he kept at it and got his reward with a cracking goal. Young Patterson also did well, both defensively, and going forward. He is maturing into a very well rounded full back.

I thought a few of our internationals looked off the pace today, no doubt as a result of not really having any down time. Steven Davis was well off his best, and Barasic got a roasting down the left from Boyle at times. Although I dont like picking a defender when we win, I have to agree with the sponsors choice today. Big Phil was solid as a rock today, snuffing out most of the Hibs threats. He sometimes lives in his partner's shadow, but today I thought he shone the brightest.

WATP!
Disagree with you, Davis was by far the best midfielder on the park today.
He lander deserved MOTM, we just done enough to win the game, 17 out of 17 at Ibrox outstanding.

'Great knowledge of the beautiful game'
Your opinion mate, which you are quite entitled to.

Best player?
Again your opinion.

Actually I think he, Helander, was exposed. Mainly by Barasic, not playing his best game.
They were getting at us especially from the right.

A moaner...possibly?
Just don't like to see us as a team 'get at' easily. By anyone.

If that makes me a moaner ...I can handle that.

But it’s not like it happens every game.

Can you not just put it down to an off day between him and Barisic which left us a little exposed a couple of times?

Unimpressive to say the least.
We were at 80% for virtually the whole game. Never pressed them at any point. Two very good finishes apart, we were so sloppy.

The worry is you cannot switch attitude on and off like a tap.
Did you not know?
Apparently, this doesn’t make sense!

Good 3 points but worrying signs in there, the midfield without jack is a shadow of the side from earlier in the season. Play that midfield next week and they will run all over us, players mentality now looks like the seasons finished and it's hard to turn that back on, especially when they have found some form.
Much of what you say makes sense but some players played well, and some didn't. In that respect, we will be looking for big individual performances next week, collectively, and the manager is sure to make that clear in the coming week.

Disagree with you, Davis was by far the best midfielder on the park today.
He lander deserved MOTM, we just done enough to win the game, 17 out of 17 at Ibrox outstanding.
He had his moments in the first half, but he didn’t control the game as much as usual and faded in and out. I thought he looked a bit leggy myself.

Disagree with this outlook.
See if that’s ‘all that matters’ why watch the game?
Just buy a paper tomorrow or catch the news after the game has finished if all you’re concerned about is the result.
Good point, and our standards are higher now; we have an ethos that demands as much on performance as well. Gerrard will be critical of that performance.

Can you not just put it down to an off day between him and Barisic which left us a little exposed a couple of times?
Hibs have got a pacy attack line. They will cause lots of teams problems. Yhey are third in the league.
Pace is difficult to handle all of the time. They are bound to creste chances.

I think he would've been subbed if he was hurt. Just an off day hopefully.
He was definitely having an off day,way before that, but he didn’t look like he was moving well at all after that incident. There was one break Hibs had where he ran back very slowly and seemed to be limping.

I can do that.
I think you will find listening to the manager's interview, that it has been noted, and will quickly be sorted.Going forward.

Back