MOTM Poll Rangers v Hibernian - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We didn’t have a shot on target first half. A game of two different halves, much better after the break.

They're obviously going to say they would have won if not for the red card. After a quick look at the hubs forum at least 90% are claiming it wasn't even a yellow. While apparently all Sportscene pundits plus pundits all across the media all say it was a straight red.

I would still take us for the win even if he had stayed on the pitch. They registered one shot on target the entire game, the goal.

I missed the game and just been reading the reports. Obviously happy about a win but a little confused by the posts here during the first half. Those posts are declaring Rangers crap and slating Gerrard too.

But when I look at the game stats this is what i'm seeing.

Possession: Rangers 74% - Hibs 26%
Shots: Rangers 20 - Hibs 4
Shots on target: Rangers 4 - Hibs 1
Corners: Rangers 12 - Hibs 1

That sounds like a siege conducted by Rangers. Not a let's sack the manager event.
Your last line about covers it.
the inability to convert is frustrating.
The hivs goalie had one save from hagi.
BUT, the amount of blocks in the box by defenders was amazing.

I liked Lundstram, Morelos and Patterson today.
A top of the table clash before the international break, we won a hard fought match, What's not to enjoy?

I love coming back from the game half canned and rewinding through the match thread to the page before each goal. Get to see despair and rage then when you see that first 'yaaaaaaas' it's magic. Like reliving the moment. Good 3 points today, spoon burning junkie fucks.

I have to be encouraged by the fact that we have been operating at no better than maybe 60% to 70% and still top of the league. It's been a struggle to select an 11 since day one. Returning internationalists not available. Injuries, covid, etc.

On the other hand the likes of hibs have already hit their peak while there's still a lot more to come from Rangers as the squad problems resolve.

If we can top this league operating at 70% which we obviously can, once things begin to click we could potentially walk it again.

I really do like Lundstram -- more and more I see him and Davis as the first names down for our midfield.

I've gone left-field in my choice of MOTM, and gone for Wright, who never gave them a moment's peace, winning a few fouls for us that we should probably have capitalised on.
Looks like he's back to something like his previous great form.

But Lundstram is also more than worthy.
Kudos also to Hagi (who frightened them every time he was near their box), Balogun (who in general tidied up well at the back), Alfie of course (for getting through that game without being hospitalised or sent off) and actually Aribo (who also did really well not to provide any excuse to get a second yellow against himself, and provided a bit of physicality when required).
agree mate, wright like everyone else was no very good 1st half, but thought he always tried to go forward and be a threat in the 2nd half, and showed some nice skills and used his pace to good effect

Aribo is the weak link in the starting 11 right now. He's just too slow to move the ball and defensively he's weak. I just hope we can get healthy soon so he can warm the bench for a wee while.

For what it's worth I thought Balogun was poor today. Don't think he won a header against Nisbet, allowed him to back into him all day. Made a couple of sliding tackles that looked good but struggled IMO

I missed the game and just been reading the reports. Obviously happy about a win but a little confused by the posts here during the first half. Those posts are declaring Rangers crap and slating Gerrard too.

That sounds like a siege conducted by Rangers. Not a let's sack the manager event.

lets just say, they are many so called Rangers fans on here.

For what it's worth I thought Balogun was poor today. Don't think he won a header against Nisbet, allowed him to back into him all day. Made a couple of sliding tackles that looked good but struggled IMO
I disagree but I get why you think it. Nisbet did ‘win’ a few headers, but not comfortably enough that he could direct them to a teammate. I thought in that sense Balogun controlled the situation pretty well. Nisbet was desperate for Balogun to climb over the top of him and get Hibs free kicks in decent positions, Balogun didn’t take the bait just to be seen to be winning the header.

Big performance needed and big performance given. Great 3 points. Well done Rangers. Lundstram bossed the midfield.

Lundstram, Patterson, Morelos our best three with the first of those comnfortably MOTM.

Alfie did annoy me with a couple of elephant touches and committing the school playground error of kicking the ball to far in front of himself whilst bursting forward in the second half. However his link up play and ability to switch play from one side to the other was superb today - the glue in our forward play. And of course he got the winner and it was great to see that goal scoring beaming smile of his.

Last edited:
while we clearly didn't get into any real groove in the 1st half
can anyone use some trigonometry or algebra to explain the theory that Hibs were anything to talk up yesterday
they had 1 shot on target (which yes, they scored from)
and depending on your stats provider 2 or 4 shots off target

thats mid level team performance
not one going for the top of the table

A good 3pts against our nearest rival, some decent play, I’d say overal our best 90mins of the season thus far. 2weeks to rest and get players back, hopefully corner turned, bring on the Hearts, good 1st out after Covid nonsense, WATP.

Goals

Rangers 2 Hibs 1. End of

Lundstrom, Balogun, Patterson, all in the running for me, however gave it to Wright who is about the only one at the moment who takes the opportunity to run at them and introduce urgency when others are happy to knock ball side to side get out to wing, cross, repeat.
Offers something different.

My granda always told me about a story from back then and it was one of the Hibs players talking to a Rangers player after a game at Easter Rd.

And the story goes;

The hibs player to the Rangers player. - Do you think your lot singinging The Sash 'gees' youse up? It gees us up as well!

Don't shoot the messenger. And remember it was Hibs who wanted the filth taken to task about the tricolour at the cesspit in 1952.
Can I add an opposite EX Celtic winger "BobbyLennox"when asked during his career had any player ever called him an fen...n bast...d,he replied" yes but never by Rangers player"

Glad their appeal has been rejected over Porteous' red.

Correct decision was made on the day, Fook the spoon burners.

Might just be me but I reckon you are perhaps ? aye okay we went back to 99 pts today unable to reach 101 pts which I predicted on 3rd October

Today`s starting line up missing Tavernier,Davis and Roofe (on bench) and Helander and Kent,that is 50% of our outfield players,nothing you can do about injured players but I`d have preferred to start with 9 of what I consider our strongest line up rather than 6.Rangers have 99 pts from our last 38 consecutive league games if we win today it will be 101 pts (in last 38 games) if we win today it will be impossible to maintain 101 pts consecutively.First 7 games totals were 102,99,99,101,101,99,99.
Might just be me but I reckon you are perhaps over thinking things a bit mate :))

Today`s starting line up missing Tavernier,Davis and Roofe (on bench) and Helander and Kent,that is 50% of our outfield players,nothing you can do about injured players but I`d have preferred to start with 9 of what I consider our strongest line up rather than 6.Rangers have 99 pts from our last 38 consecutive league games if we win today it will be 101 pts (in last 38 games) if we win today it will be impossible to maintain 101 pts consecutively.First 7 games totals were 102,99,99,101,101,99,99.

why did you bump this ffs
He's bumping a thread to get it up a bunch of bears after we dropped points. Which is bad enough.

What he doesn't realise is that people weren't disagreeing with his point. They just had no idea what his point was because of a lack of punctuation, sentences and paragraphs and making a coherent argument.

Even if he had made coherent arguments and people had debated those this would still be incredibly wanky behaviour.

The fact he thinks he's mugging people off because they disagreed with his (i assume negative predictions) is made even worse because the thing he is trying to get it up people about, they didn't even do.

He's bumping a thread to get it up a bunch of bears after we dropped points. Which is bad enough.

What he doesn't realise is that people weren't disagreeing with his point. They just had no idea what his point was because of a lack of punctuation, sentences and paragraphs and making a coherent argument.

Even if he had made coherent arguments and people had debated those this would still be incredibly wanky behaviour.

The fact he thinks he's mugging people off because they disagreed with his (i assume negative predictions) is made even worse because the thing he is trying to get it up people about, they didn't even do.
"bumping a thread to get it up a bunch of bears" .

That is utter nonsense,I was as gutted as any bear with the result yesterday.I made a comment 2 weeks ago that were ridiculed and it turns out I was correct.No amount of attacking my grammatical errors changes that.

"bumping a thread to get it up a bunch of bears" .

That is utter nonsense,I was as gutted as any bear with the result yesterday.I made a comment 2 weeks ago that were ridiculed and it turns out I was correct.No amount of attacking my grammatical errors changes that.
I didnt ridicule your point

I asked you what your post meant because it was incomprehensible

You waited 2 weeks without posting anything to try and get it up me for something I didnt do. Its probably the wackiest behaviour I've ever seen on FF

Aye what mate
b2ff10706d883202bb83722dcd123cce.jpg

Back