Match Thread Rangers v Hibernian - 15:00 Wednesday - RangersTV.tv

I thought we played reasonably well today considering the opposition and our current injury list. We had a number of opportunities to double our lead but unfortunately we were unable to take them. We are in need of another striker for sure but we were nowhere near as bad as some folk are making out. I'm still confident that we are heading in the right direction. We all knew it was going to take time. Stevie G and his backroom staff need another two transfer windows. We need to stick with this manager. He'll come good, I'm sure of it.

Re Ryan Jack. I didn't see today's game so can't comment. But in my opinion Ryan Jack is strictly an Aberdeen standard player i.e.- not a winner. If you are of the opinion he's one of our best then it's a perfectly reasonable point of view . And if he is...well you can draw your own conclusions.

Has anyone actually said that Gerrard should be sacked? Have they?
If so, have a rethink.
A 1 all draw, where we dominated, and created chances against a resolute team with passion, and that with key players, and others nursing niggles, after what has been a hell of a long season so far, our desperation to win the league cannot be the reason we turn on our management and squad when they don't play like the greats.
Would people please stop, setting unrealistic expectations on our rookie manager and effectively rookie team.
We don't have the money to spend on experienced and even lower end top quality players, we don't have the squad depth to cope with injuries and suspensions.
I'm disappointed/gutted we drew that, and we can berate the players all we want, but you can't speed up young player development through criticism, and you can't will players at their peak to be better players than they are, they have peaked.

Roll on the 29th!
Mon the Gers!
No surrender!

Really though, a point on the 29th, some wise spending in January, and a productive winter break training, could be all it takes to clinch the title.
I'm not throwing in the towel, and Gerrard certainly won't.
It might come as a shock to you but this board has been full of it, mostly it has to be said by relatively low post counts.
CSSB also had its usual compliment of humphies claiming to be Rangers fans demanding that Gerrard gets shown the door, one even said his child had burst into tears about how bad Gerrard had made our team (who does that remind you of?)
Another timposter was blabbering on about "Mr Gerrard this and Mr Gerrard that", the sarcastic tone being a sure sign that the caller had absolutely zero respect for "Mr Gerrard"!
I'm quite sure the letters pages tomorrow will also be jam packed full of the same crap.
I'm convinced that they can see that our manager is actually quite capable of making us a team to be reckoned with again and are resorting to attempting to discredit him.

Re Ryan Jack. I didn't see today's game so can't comment. But in my opinion Ryan Jack is strictly an Aberdeen standard player i.e.- not a winner. If you are of the opinion he's one of our best then it's a perfectly reasonable point of view . And if he is...well you can draw your own conclusions.

I've just served a ban on here for calling out Jack last week.
Personally I don't see what he brings to our club. You've put it very succinctly...he is an Aberdeen player wearing a Rangers shirt!!!

It might come as a shock to you but this board has been full of it, mostly it has to be said by relatively low post counts.
CSSB also had its usual compliment of humphies claiming to be Rangers fans demanding that Gerrard gets shown the door, one even said his child had burst into tears about how bad Gerrard had made our team (who does that remind you of?)
Another timposter was blabbering on about "Mr Gerrard this and Mr Gerrard that", the sarcastic tone being a sure sign that the caller had absolutely zero respect for "Mr Gerrard"!
I'm quite sure the letters pages tomorrow will also be jam packed full of the same crap.
I'm convinced that they can see that our manager is actually quite capable of making us a team to be reckoned with again and are resorting to attempting to discredit him.
Yeah I listened the the two supposed ''Rangers '' fans they were not Rangers fans

Big 2 points dropped. Can see them going on an extended unbeaten run, can't see us unfortunately. Would bite your hand off for a point on Saturday, just to keep us in with some chance after the break.

We just can't finish teams off, and more importantly, we can't defend a one goal lead and for some unexplainable reason, we fall to pieces in the last few minutes in vital games.

Our manager says we are a new team, still gelling, he has a point but it's time we got on with it.

I was going to criticise Ryan Jack again but due to the administrators and powder puff fans on here (there are many) who get their panties in a bunch I realise he has now become an untouchable protected species as far as FF is concerned. So much for opinion and freedom of speech!! Jack needs to be first out the door in January.

The entire team were once again lack lustre and very pedestrian. The manager may as well have been at home, Middleton should have been hooked after half time, absolutely awful performance, especially against a run of the mill full back who is 12 years older than him!! TWELVE YEARS OLDER!!!!

Gerrard bringing lafferty on 20 minutes later than he should have done was short sighted and insulting. The squad should be hanging their heads in shame tonight but we all know they won't give a fvck one way or the other.

As for the "Rangers fans" who spent the first half watching their phones, updating everyone on the score at pittodrie and celebrating an Aberdeen goal..!!! Get a life or fvck off out of Ibrox!!

Im sure there will be the usual suspects who will be upset by the opinions of others but I'll read your opinions with great interest after Saturday's game!!

Your opinion on Jack shows your lack of knowledge tbh.

Also, Middleton had Ambrose on toast a couple of times throughout the game.

Today, after 85 minutes, Celtic had to find a way to win. They did.
Today, after 85 minutes, Rangers had to protect a win. We failed.

One team is made up of winners with genuine goal threat.

Right now, that isn't us.

Did you see their game?

It was more down to Aberdeen's comical defending than Celtic's attacking prowess.

Thank funk for Alfie , where would we be without him ?

Abysmal lack of scoring from our other forward players and midfield

Hope we find a way to rectify it soon

I said exactly the same about the game against the HIVS last week too. When push comes to shove we couldn't find a way to win. Also said I felt for the first time that we are unfortunately not good enough to win the league this season. Yes, there's been ups and downs, but that was the first time I really doubted us. Today compounded that.

Personally I would have said sod the defence we need a midfield.
As all our great managers have done, they've started from the back.
I've no doubt that our attacking midfield will be sorted in the near future!
My only fear is that if we can't find the men we need aren't available in the January window, the less patient in our support (of which there are many) will start/continue to rebel!
For me the summer window will determine our ambitions, both in terms of the money made available to the manager and what we do with the investment that is available to us.

Nail on head. We have a rookie manager and players who are either on loan or are in real terms ‘cheap’. They had a £9m striker on the bench. I’ve posted before I expect them to do a minimum of 10 but likely more unless we had significant finance and a higher standard of manager. I’m just in from the game left at 10am back now 30 years of it now so not going to stop but we are where we are which is an average SPFL team nothing more and certainly no where near winning a league title even if it is in our very low standard of pub league.

I’d agree. A win is important, but a draw at least keeps us in touch, justifying s decent spend in January. We cannot afford to lose though.

They could lose the next game. If they did we'd think we would be in for a shout again. Or the game after that. Or the game after that. We are within reach. If we lose on Saturday you won't want the team to give up hope as much as you're giving up hope. I get what you mean man. Look at man City. Great example. Everybody keep the heads. We will improve.

It appears we have people who only support if we win but thankfully we have more than enough to support when we don't win.

With half the season to go we are near enough the top although taking something from Saturdays game would be a big bonus and boost confidence. Gerrard had no experience of Scottish football clubs and how they play and brought in some loan signings who were just not good enough. Until we get more investment possibly via a rights issue we are not able to sign expensive players but the Ayr Utd lad can score goals and would cost little and is the type that in time could be what we need along side Freddy.
Lets just hope for a result on Saturday and I am sure our players will be up for it.

Twice in a week we've smashed Hibs, with only 2 points to show for it. Despite only conceding a single goal. Maybe that masks issues in defence, but we've clearly been profligate in front of goal. Needs sorted.

3 defensive midfielders and the non productive candias, no wonder we didn't produce much. Ryan Jack played well, Mccrorie was ok but Coulibaly shouldn't bother pulling on the shirt again, wasteful time and time again then shat out of a 50/50 near the end.

Honestly, how can you say that??? Candeias might not be a world beater but he can send in a decent cross - had top assists last season.

Why does our support only have a memory that last 1 or 2 games?

It’s more than 1 or 2 games though.

This “ he had top assists “ does not wash eit.

If I put in the amount of crosses he does in a game I would have top assists.

Sadly that's bang on the money!.....for the time being!
;)
V at Johnstone Gerrard saw the danger at 0-1 and twisted by putting on lafferty and he made a huge difference by his presence, and we got our reward with just a few minutes left, similar to them who brought on eduard and changed it for them last few minutes, the problem was today gerrard never changed it. ..and weve seen this movie a thousand times at home it comes back to haunt us yet again, and the goldson episode was one of the most bizzare things I've ever seen he actually hobbled onto the park second half, mental , I'm not one for wanting gerrard out, however he needs to start learning and continue and so far its dissapointing

Getting really bored with this routine of dominating games but dropping points either because the opposition's goalie has the game of their life or they manage to score with their one and only shot on goal. Need a good #10 to back up Alfie,, but can't believe the bad luck we've had with injuries though.

Ah well, onwards and upwards. 7-0 on Saturday and we're top of the league again! :D

He is okay...his attempts to 'join the attack' were ruthlessly exposed as he has no pace.

Decent enough defensive mid.

It’s more than 1 or 2 games though.

This “ he had top assists “ does not wash eit.

If I put in the amount of crosses he does in a game I would have top assists.

That’s his job ffs, wait.....let’s tell him to only cross the ball when he is certain of setting up a goal......cos that works - NOT!!!

His job as a WIDE MAN is to get the ball into the box as much as possible, it’s up to those in the middle to score.

Next you’ll be saying Morelos shouldn’t shoot every time he is - on 1 with keeper!

Your opinion on Jack shows your lack of knowledge tbh.

Also, Middleton had Ambrose on toast a couple of times throughout the game.

That kind of strengthens my point mate.
An 18 year old Rangers winger versus a 30 year old centre half shunted to right back. In 90 minutes he done him "a couple of times"...He should have destroyed Ambrose to such an extent that Hibs would be forced to substitute him.
Guess which one was substituted!!

I thought we played reasonably well today considering the opposition and our current injury list. We had a number of opportunities to double our lead but unfortunately we were unable to take them. We are in need of another striker for sure but we were nowhere near as bad as some folk are making out. I'm still confident that we are heading in the right direction. We all knew it was going to take time. Stevie G and his backroom staff need another two transfer windows. We need to stick with this manager. He'll come good, I'm sure of it.

How the fück you watched that game and thought we played well is beyond me. We were chronic.

We have too many players who take the wrong option whether its age(inexperience)bottle or whatever it will take a few pounds to sort it out because we need a few players with the right mentality to sort things

Think the gaffer needs an older head to discuss changing formations for different games this will come with experience(if we give him time)

Anyone got a link to our managers post match interview? Keen to know his rationale for fielding a cripple after half time and the reason why a younger player was picked for the squad ahead of one of his biggest signings.

That’s his job ffs, wait.....let’s tell him to only cross the ball when he is certain of setting up a goal......cos that works - NOT!!!

His job as a WIDE MAN is to get the ball into the box as much as possible, it’s up to those in the middle to score.

Next you’ll be saying Morelos shouldn’t shoot every time he is - on 1 with keeper!

His job is also to beat men and get to the by line but that happens once in a blue moon.

There is a reason he has had more clubs than tiger woods, he ain’t that good

Even you could fire in x amount of crosses a game and have the same assists.

How the fück you watched that game and thought we played well is beyond me. We were chronic.
I didn't say we played well, I said we played reasonably well considering who was available to play. I didn't think we were chronic. Do I think there's room for improvement? Yes, massively!

Makes for very uncomfortable reading, unfortunately though it's depressingly true.

His job is also to beat men and get to the by line but that happens once in a blue moon.

There is a reason he has had more clubs than tiger woods, he ain’t that good

Even you could fire in x amount of crosses a game and have the same assists.

His job isn’t to beat men, his job is to provide crosses into the box/assists......regardless of how it gets there - if the balls don’t get put into net that isn’t his issue. He is a wide man, that doesn’t mean he needs to run past players to be that position. Beckham (not comparing talent) was a ‘wide man’ who rarely ran past people......still regarded as one of the best crossers of a ball in the modern game.

Your comment amount ‘firing in x amount of crosses and have same assists’ - that is his job ffs, are you really that naive to think otherwise??? If he wasn’t putting the ball into the box he’d be questioned - you are questioning him even when he does do his job and THAT DOESN’T NEED TO MEAN GOING PAST A PLAYER IN FIRST PLACE.

Jeez, this forum is full of people who love to think they know but really don’t - apologies if that offends you but you really aren’t giving a good account of yourself!

I was going to criticise Ryan Jack again but due to the administrators and powder puff fans on here (there are many) who get their panties in a bunch I realise he has now become an untouchable protected species as far as FF is concerned. So much for opinion and freedom of speech!! Jack needs to be first out the door in January.

The entire team were once again lack lustre and very pedestrian. The manager may as well have been at home, Middleton should have been hooked after half time, absolutely awful performance, especially against a run of the mill full back who is 12 years older than him!! TWELVE YEARS OLDER!!!!

Gerrard bringing lafferty on 20 minutes later than he should have done was short sighted and insulting. The squad should be hanging their heads in shame tonight but we all know they won't give a fvck one way or the other.

As for the "Rangers fans" who spent the first half watching their phones, updating everyone on the score at pittodrie and celebrating an Aberdeen goal..!!! Get a life or fvck off out of Ibrox!!

Im sure there will be the usual suspects who will be upset by the opinions of others but I'll read your opinions with great interest after Saturday's game!!
First out the door in January, aye?

Back