Match Thread Rangers v Hibernian - 15:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

Was my feeling at the time too and I think Madden is often quick to get the red card out for wee petty things. Having said that, McGregor was stupid and gave the officials a decision to make. With the camera's there as well, even if it'd been missed there would've been a campaign in the media to get him banned. Mental.

I can't help but feel Madyin was already gunning for him today - they'd had a heated exchange earlier on, in the first half in our box. That said, McGregor looks like he could do with an anger management course at times :))

I can't help but feel Madyin was already gunning for him today - they'd had a heated exchange earlier on, in the first half in our box. That said, McGregor looks like he could do with an anger management course at times :))
I think it was the linesman who gave it. If linesman sees it and says it is a red then Madden really can't do anything other than give the red.

Davis & Arfield were very good
Kamara was pish
McGregor is a mentalist
Candeias looks burnt out

Have my doubts whether Candieas will really contribute much even as a squad player next season. His work rate is exceptional but out attacks break down around him too often

Just in from the game. Honestly expected to come on here and see nothing but vitriol towards Madden as I felt like the only guy in Ibrox who actually saw what he was sent off for.

A moment of completely unnecessary stupidity from McGregor that could’ve cost us points under next to no pressure.

Some very nice football from us first-half but the difference when Kent went off at halftime was a bit of a worry and highlighted that we need to strengthen the squad in the summer. DC’s work-rare aside, he is a notable drop in quality to a side that seems to have been finding its feet properly of late.

Davis was immense today, Arfield good too.

Has to said that was as poor as Hibs have been against us in a long time. Nowhere near their usual level of aggression and pressing and they created very little overall.

I thought Tav and Davis were excellent again today and Katic and Goldson hardly gave Hibs a sniff. Kamara, Arfield and Kent all seemed a bit off today (explained in Kent's case in so far as Gerrard says he was vomiting at half time). The contrast between Tav and Flanagan was stark today.

I think it was the linesman who gave it. If linesman sees it and says it is a red then Madden really can't do anything other than give the red.
The baldy assistant ref on the SJ side gave us nothing all game. Corrupt to the core.

A professional win and crazy last 5/6mins but under SG WE have came a long way imo.
55 is on for next season WATP.

Dreadful for a period in the 2nd half.

McGregor was daft. Had a perfect view of it, my immediate thought was ‘WTF is he doing that for?’. He was getting the free kick anyway. Haven’t seen any replays yet as on the way home.

Did Kent get injured? If not, he looked like he was in a huff about something after we scored.

Dreadful for a period in the 2nd half.

McGregor was daft. Had a perfect view of it, my immediate thought was ‘WTF is he doing that for?’. He was getting the free kick anyway. Haven’t seen any replays yet as on the way home.

Did Kent get injured? If not, he looked like he was in a huff about something after we scored.

apparently was sick at half time

What a disastrous ending to a rather mediocre game. I can only presume the little flick McGregor made out as McNulty raised his boot to block the kick out was the reason for the red card. Soft is putting it mildly and 9/10 it would be a yellow for both and get on with it. Foderingham is a decent substitute to have but not the same standard as Shagger who only minutes earlier preserved the win with a world class save.

It was a very flat performance from us today after recent weeks against a side that’s made it difficult for us all season. Particularly in the second half when the tactical switch the gaffer made seemed to leave the players bemused. We were decent enough in the first half without being outstanding and Candeias should have put the contest to bed shortly after coming on. I can only hope that the players had an eye on next week because I don’t fancy our chances if we play like that.

I’ve lost count of the number of times officials have cost us this season, but right or wrong we need to stop accepting it I doubt the red would be overturned but I wish the gaffer made more of a fight of it.

Edit: Having seen the incident again McGregor really was stupid and gave the officials the reason they desired to hurt us.

Last edited:
What a disastrous ending to a rather mediocre game. Bobby Madden doing his master’s bidding to make sure we’re at a disadvantage next week. I can only presume the little flick McGregor gave as McNulty raised his boot to block the kick out was the reason for the red card. Soft is putting it mildly and 9/10 it would be the attacker who would be punished in such circumstances. We need to appeal it even though I have no doubt Liewell’s lackies will turn it down. Foderingham is a decent substitute to have but not the same standard as Shagger who only minutes earlier preserved the win with a world class save.

It was a very flat performance from us today after recent weeks against a side that’s made it difficult for us all season. Particularly in the second half when the tactical switch the gaffer made seemed to leave the players bemused. We were decent enough in the first half without being outstanding and Candeias should have put the contest to bed shortly after coming on. I can only hope that the players had an eye on next week because I don’t fancy our chances if we play like that.

I’ve lost count of the number of times officials have cost us this season, but right or wrong we need to make a real fight of McGregor’s red card. Lawyer up like the mentally challengeds do and fight this one to the death if even only to show the SPFL we’ve had enough of this nonsense of being refereed to different standards than the rest of the league.

You need to catch a replay of the McGregor incident mate. Or just have a read on here. No defending it unfortunately.

Thought Kent looked lost in the first half and a bit disinterested and i still say that's why he was subbed at halftime, SG said he was taken off because he was ill and was vomiting inside,bit odd that a couple of hours later Kent is absolutely fine and attending a PFA awards night.

Can perfectly understand the manager not wanting to just say he was taken off because he had no impact on the game and was pretty poor,but to claim he was ill and vomiting and then turning up at a PFA awards looking fresh as a daisy a couple of hours later when most of us feeling ill and vomiting,a night out would be the last thing on your mind if you were that ill.

How anyone watches that and says McGregor only deserved a yellow is beyond me. He’s kicked a guy in the back.

Utter stupidity from him who is always doing stupid shite like that.

60secs before he’s just pulled off a cracking save to get us the 3 points and he does that. And now he misses the scum game

Brilliant keeper. Top 5 in Rangers history without doubt. He’s also got a history of being a moron with needless kickouts at opposing players.

I still don’t understand why he does it.

As for the game, I thought we played some cracking football, first half especially.

Davis MoM

The best & worst of McGregor in the space of a few minutes...

We played some great stuff at times but the old story of not getting that second goal cushion almost cost us again. If Candeias scores/squares to Defoe early 2nd half it would have made all the difference IMO.

Ross McCrorie because, in Gerrard’s words, ‘he’s been around a goalkeeper all his life’ LOL.

Had nothing to do in reality.

The most mentalist reason to put Ross in!

Jack seemed to be getting the top on prior to that - iirc jacks done this before for the sheep? May be making that up? Seem to think he’s handy in goal?

Ross’s almost assist was a great ball

legspasm.gif

Stick on red for McGregor am afraid, absolutely no defence for him, made himself look like a tit trying to be sly and cover it up

Back