Match Thread ** Rangers v Kilmarnock - 15:00 Saturday 5th - RangersTV.tv **

As others have said,if yesterdays events can't motivate this group of players to perform,coupled with the fact that it's our last home game,then they should all be gone asap.I'm expecting a very solid performance today with tons of effort and attitude.They owe us that much at the very least.
3-0 Gers!

I'd expect Nicholl and JJ to focus on making us harder to beat. That surely means punting Martin, and moving McCrorie into DM. I'd play:

Alnwick
Tav Alves Cardoso Halliday
McCrorie Goss
Candeias Docherty Murphy
Morelos

Holt was our best player in last week's disaster, but that's not saying much. Halliday at left back is a shite state of affairs. I don't know if Beerman is available to us, but I'd play him at LB if he is. Docherty is better than his recent showings would suggest, and we need someone pressing and harrying Mulumbu, which I don't believe Dorrans is capable of at the moment (/any more...)
That's the team I'd put out,unless Bates is ready in which case I'd put him in for Cardoso.

Our biggest weakness will be Jones running at our confidence shot defence, especially if Halliday is in at LB again. Murphy simply must do more this week to provide extra cover up that side.

It's depressing how often we have said that this season only for the players to let us down.

Maybe this time...

Gerrard confirmed for next season. Murty's greeting face out the door.

The players must have had a lift from the last few days - surely to feck.

I think we will lose 2-1.

This squad are very capable of bursting yesterday’s bubble.

Obviously I hope I am wrong.

Back to reality with a bump today, Clarke seems to have the measure of us and I'm not sure how much of a reaction we'll get from the current squad

Really want to see Goss today. People moan about Murty’s harsh treatment but the way he handled certain players was just as bad. See also Holt, binned for no reason - one of our only tryers.

I wasn’t going to go this week but changed my mind and about to head in. We better fvcking win.
It’ll be interesting to see what kind of atmosphere it is today. On one hand we are looking forward with optimism with a new high profile manager and yesterday lifted everyone’s spirits. On the other hand we still have a team full of weak minded cowards who showed again last week they have no pride in themselves or the jersey.

Let’s throw a bit of caution to the wind today and get out the blocks! I’d like to see two up top and give this mob a doing today!

We cannot possibly go a whole season without beating Kilmarnock! Come on lads!

I'd expect Nicholl and JJ to focus on making us harder to beat. That surely means punting Martin, and moving McCrorie into DM. I'd play:

Alnwick
McCrorie Goss
Candeias Docherty Murphy
Morelos

Holt was our best player in last week's disaster, but that's not saying much. Halliday at left back is a shite state of affairs. I don't know if Beerman is available to us, but I'd play him at LB if he is. Docherty is better than his recent showings would suggest, and we need someone pressing and harrying Mulumbu, which I don't believe Dorrans is capable of at the moment (/any more...)

I’m pissing myself at “Halliday at left back is a shite state of affairs”!

I am curious about the formation- I suspect that this will be the catalyst for any change in performance rather than Stevie G. I don't think that our guys are suddenly going to morph into an amazing team and if they did I would seriously be asking questions about their mentality to play for Rangers- to be a Rangers player is to play in the tough times and not just the feel good times.

That said I think we will win today 2-0

I'm trying to take comfort in the fact that we can't be any worse than in our last game. Or can we? Anyway, I'll go for a win with Morelos and Candeias to score.

This lot need to really get the finger out now and prove they want to be here next season, I expect them to show a massive upgrade on the shite they've shown us most of the season.
Hopefully Jimmy and jj go with two up top.

Are Cardoso and Alves fit? Holding out hope that I don’t have to look at Russell Martin today.

Really looking forward to it today after yesterday’s events.

If the players are not up for it today after yesterday’s good feel factor at Ibrox with Stevie G and players now playing for there future then they need hounded out of Ibrox.
Just going to post this. With the euphoria going on around Rangers today, it will be very interesting to see which players respond to it or not as the case may be.

Are Cardoso and Alves fit? Holding out hope that I don’t have to look at Russell Martin today.

Really looking forward to it today after yesterday’s events.

Bates and Alves have both returned to training. Hopefully one of them can make it today.

Reactions: R-M
A win not asking for much, but I expect the players to put more of an effort today as they are playing for the opportunity to impress the new boss and keep their jobs!

Alnwick
McCrorie Goss
Candeias Docherty Murphy
Morelos

Alves is still injured is he not? And I fully expect McCrorie and Martin to play central defence (yes I know), Maybe with Murty gone Windass will get dropped at last, and as for Beerman, he couldn't get a game for QOS whilst on loan, so Halliday will have to continue unless Dec John recovers.

3-1 Rangers.
We'll go 2-0 up early on only to concede followed by 30 mins of the usual nervousness. A goal in the last few minutes.

Murphy, candeias and morelos to score.

Alves is still injured is he not? And I fully expect McCrorie and Martin to play central defence (yes I know), Maybe with Murty gone Windass will get dropped at last, and as for Beerman, he couldn't get a game for QOS whilst on loan, so Halliday will have to continue unless Dec John recovers.

Alves has been training since last week.

Dcb1AfGXkAA322Y.jpg

Cummings and Morelos both start.

Back