Match Thread ** Rangers v Kilmarnock - 15:00 Saturday 5th - RangersTV.tv **

Bates played well, McCrorie changed the game and Alnwick saves saved us.

Our final ball is awful! Goss is the only one that can cross the ball!

A blatant cynical foul and no booking and then goss crosses a great ball for bates to score .
Small tug by goss straight after the goal first foul booked.
A cynical man would think that the ref punished the player for setting up the goal.

Prick

Good result, but these players are utterly clueless about putting their foot on the ball and retaining possession. Some bad decision making gifted Kilmarnock a couple of late chances they should never have had.

Defence wasn't totally megashit today. Alnwick did well. McCrorie was decent. Rest were varying degrees of poor or not interested.

Not a pleasure to watch, but I'd have settled for that win beforehand.
And although it's both stating and repeating the obvious, McCrorie is a real talent.

Bates will go onto become a Scotland international.
Alongside Martin, he looked twice the player.
Does the simple things and knows when to hit row Z.
He is just always in the right place, the lad can defend, and I have no doubts that the Germans will coach him into a decent player with the ball.

Fantastic.

Clawed a result out. Sheep and HIVs draw 0-0.

Turned out a great weekend for us :D
Now if we beat the sheep on Tuesday we only need a draw at Fester Rd to finish 2nd no matter what else happens. :cool:

Ps unless of cource the sheep beat the peados by more than 10 in the last game!:D

Bates will go onto become a Scotland international.
Alongside Martin, he looked twice the player.
Does the simple things and knows when to hit row Z.
He is just always in the right place, the lad can defend, and I have no doubts that the Germans will coach him into a decent player with the ball.

Got to agree with that.

We should have tried harder to keep him but perhaps his heart was set on the move. It is a great opportunity.

Jak Alnwick is better than I thought he was.

Bates is our best defender by a long way and will be a miss.

Mcrorie and Goss have to play in midfield the last two games.

That's all.
Agreed, but I would hope we replace him with a couple of defenders who would have relegated Bates to the bench!

We have lost a good defender in Bates. Its not a coincidence we look better at the back when he plays.

Today hopefully puts an end to the debate on where McCrorie plays.

Not interested is completely false but seems to be the party line on here. A lot of effort on display from a squad that’s low on confidence.

Good win against a very well organised team.
Yeah Morelos looked as though he'd run through a brick wall today... It was him I was referring to, but felt remiss singling him out in my initial post.

Bates was my motm.we just look so much steadier when he’s in the team.i have no doubt he will go on to be an international class defender.

DccJ2snWsAE7TI-.jpg:large

"Bates, MckchCrorie and Alnwick, They all stay"

Not the best performance but big three points for us, 1 behind the sheep and two in front of the HIV'S with a better goal difference than both.

HIV'S missed a penalty

Think this will go down to the last game of the season,Hearts take anything from the HIV'S and a win against the sheep will see the HIV'S out and between Rangers and the sheep for second and not to confident the unwashed would be fielding a full strength team in their last game against the sheep and wouldn't be surprised if they lie down to them to help them.

End of the day it's all about our own results and what we do but we need a better performance than today against the sheep that's for sure.

Good three points today.

Clarke will be raging.
A one man wall when two players were standing over it.
That allowed us to create a better angle for the cross. Basic errors.

Truth be told, that wasn't good enough today. We just don't look capable of scoring.
Players waiting for the ball when we are putting in deliveries instead of trying to get in front of their man and attack the ball.

On another note, Broadfoot has been outstanding in the last two fixtures against us. He almost snapped the post in half trying to defend our goal.

Weird how Killie came out against Hibs but sit in against us. I suppose it didnt work out agaibst Hibs. Just answered my own question.

Yep, said it last Saturday. Hard to see how this Killie team under Clarke lose 5 goals to Hibs in 90 mins, which is more than they've lost to the Old Firm in 5 games. Unless you are cheating your own fans with your efforts.

We didnt let Bates go, he chose to take more money elsewhere. When Gerrard was announced, i wonder if he felt the extra cash was worth it elsewhere?
It is a short career.
We were offering him less than Hamburg were prepared to offer him.
Further, the chance to play in Germany and make a name for himself over there would have sealed the deal.
Some of the comments about the lad from our supporters have been very negative, I have seen words used like 'donkey'.
Now all of a sudden everyone is scunnered because the 'donkey' has chosen a career path away from their greetin' faces.

I wish we had offered him what he was worth, he is the best centre-back at the club and was probably the one being offered the worst deal.

I hope he enjoys relegation battles, because that's what awaiting him next season, and the next, and the next...
The guy enjoys defending, so whatever battle he finds himself in, he will no doubt relish.
I wish him all the luck in the world.
He will be playing for Scotland soon if he keeps the trajectory of improvement he has shown this season for us.

Back