Match Thread Rangers v Kilmarnock - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV.tv

If people are honestly telling me we’ve improved, I think I’ll bang my head off the table.

Did anyone honestly look at that team and formation today and fancy us to win?

I’m actually surprised we came back and got a point out of it. Roll on May and get another shitfest of a campaign over.

The evidence that the manager is a concern is sadly growing game by game at the moment, and the only saving grace is Aberdeen also dropped points.

Been playing for second place for weeks now and anybody who thinks otherwise is quite frankly kidding themselves on.Too many draws will be Gerards downfall.

Really starting to worry if Gerrard is the right man. He said after Aberdeen that these were his players and signings, so there are no excuses. Putting Barasic and Grezda on at half time was baffling. Don’t even get me started on the lineup.

Tough times.

I've been Gerrard's biggest fan and still believe he has plenty of attributes to make him a top coach, but he's not without his faults. The biggest area for improvement is his in-game management. It's just not quite there; we never change our style or adapt during games. It seems if something goes wrong we stick to the same predictable game plan. We need to be more adaptable. Next season will tell us whether he's learned from this.

I actually think Tavernier pressing high, while it gets results now and then, is a bad thing when teams sit in. We should be trying to draw them out more and create space in behind them. A few times we pressed that high that they just dug in and then hit us on the break.

Said it a few weeks ago.. a team of cowards and average players.. and questions must be asked about the managers tactics thinking... that was truelly awful
I was critical of murty last season im not gonna be two faced om gonna say gerrard needs to get a feckn grip of himself quickly nobody could have been happy with that set up today same old same old its warburtonesqe it really is

The ref was awful yet again but so are we and if I was Gerrard id be asking myself why this team won't raise their game and perform as we are capable of doing. he keeps asking for the players to give a performance and we are still waiting on that.

Have they got no bottle?
Have they not got any professional pride?

Do they not give a shit about the support?

We are playing the tramps soon and this team better wake up from this comatose state they look like they are playing in because the support expects a performance against them.

Bossed another game possession wise and territorially yet end up hanging on again at the end for a draw as we did at Hibs a few weeks ago.

On the plus side we at least recovered from another defensive error to get the equaliser, but for the 3 or 4 clear cut chances we created it was a moment of genius fro Morelos that got us the equaliser.

Aye. As the Manager, the blame will fall on SG while It should be laid further up the chain at the Boardroom level. The Manager can only play with the players that the Board allow him and if the Board can't afford to give him these players then we, the fans have to suffer through games like todays and Tuesday's until he gets better players that will play for him. This season has been about trying to put a decent team on the pitch,a team that will be better than last years and will provide a solid base for the next year and so on.
Rome wasn't built in a day, even with Stevie in charge and after what we have suffered through the last ten years or so, we have to sit back and build. There will be worse results to come but. WATP and we WILL prevail and we welcome the chase.

No Surrender to the fans who turn up only to see us win and not to follow the Rangers through thick and thin/

Same sh*te different game.
Gerrard has no plan B.
At least he made subs today that were right.
Balls into box don't work against a team parking bus.
If this continues till end of season i'll be worried for next season.

You are the deluded one. If you think that we are in a worse place than we have been for the last 8 years it would indicate you haven't a f'n clue.

I'm off on a sabbatical from here and the loony brigade
What are we measuring here? Of course we have moved forward since then. Last year ? Marginally. Let’s put it this way, if we didn’t have Morelos I wouldn’t put a bet on us finishing top 3. We are absolutely bang average . We have a manager that hasn’t learned much and cannot win games when we concede. We don’t have money to throw about, and I don’t advocate binning him but I have zero faith it’s going to come good. I can see no signs to that effect. Where are they. We are filled with loans that are duds bar one maybe two, journeyman midfielders and our only goal threat is most likely gone.

If you ever needed proof oh how bad Scottish refs are just look at Goldson chop the boy from behind and stays on the park. A RED all day long.

Very disappointing how this season has developed. So much expectation after the Celtic game and performance, but the reality is we have been very poor since.
I do not know what the answer is but this is not time for knee jerk reactions.

This is what happens when you have a youth coach in charge.
We needed a proper manager in the summer not another risky experiment.
We could have to endure another 4 years of this

Improved marginally in the second half, but it’s just not good enough to inject urgency and effort with 20 minutes to go.
We started like a friendly, kept it up for the whole of the first half and much of the second.
It has to be said, if there are players there, and I think there are, who are just marking time, they can go now.
Let’s have a look at some of the youngsters, who want to play for the Club.

I'll go against the grain a bit as I'm sick if always being negative about us these days (I predicted us to drop points today).

We improved a bit in the 2nd half and managed to avoid what looked like it'd be a sucker punch 0-2/3 with Killie constantly catching us on the break. Davis, few stray passes aside, was better than he has been and Alfie scored a peach.

Who will be the next manager? Where is the money coming from to pay off the current management team?

I'll go against the grain a bit as I'm sick if always being negative about us these days (I predicted us to drop points today).

We improved a bit in the 2nd half and managed to avoid what looked like it'd be a sucker punch 0-2/3 with Killie constantly catching us on the break. Davis, few stray passes aside, was better than he has been and Alfie scored a peach.

and we still didnt win and get the points we needed!

1 win in 5 now with a wage bill that is £20,000,000 to 25,000,000 bigger than everyone in the country bar one team.

Questions need to be asked we can no longer pretend that this has been a good season it’s been horrific.
Is anyone still pretending this season is acceptable? Even the super-optimist Gerrard fanboys must now realise this season has been a failure.

Not a chance Gerrard will be at Rangers in 4 years. The way he’s going his fledgling management career will be over and he’ll be back in the studio with Carra and Nev

Aye. As the Manager, the blame will fall on SG while It should be laid further up the chain at the Boardroom level. The Manager can only play with the players that the Board allow him and if the Board can't afford to give him these players then we, the fans have to suffer through games like todays and Tuesday's until he gets better players that will play for him. This season has been about trying to put a decent team on the pitch,a team that will be better than last years and will provide a solid base for the next year and so on.
Rome wasn't built in a day, even with Stevie in charge and after what we have suffered through the last ten years or so, we have to sit back and build. There will be worse results to come but. WATP and we WILL prevail and we welcome the chase.

No Surrender to the fans who turn up only to see us win and not to follow the Rangers through thick and thin/
Were u there today

Back