Match Thread Rangers v Kilmarnock - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV.tv

What has young McCrorie got to do to get a start? Is he not showing it in training? SG last month said that he had earned the jersey. So what has he done wrong? Coulibaly and Davis have done nothing in previous games that they have played, so does it come back to what he is doing in training? Because I think every single one of us was wanting him to start today.

I hope coulibaly drives forward with the ball from midfield and Davis doesn’t just sit next to the back 4 taking it off them and then knocking it back to them

So it will be get the ball out wide quickly and cross it when Killie have 4 players in the middle marking Morelos.

Pleased Katic is back but we are playing into their hands with the formation and predictable approach

If we don't win today or play turgid football, the manager is getting it tight.

Can't believe no McCrorie or Defoe, and can't believe sticking with Candeais and 4-3-3.

Having to miss the game today utterly sick about it, because I'm not there I forecast a 4-0 win and to play some of our best football so far.... Will be keeping an eye on follow follow for updates during the game.

What has young McCrorie got to do to get a start? Is he not showing it in training? SG last month said that he had earned the jersey. So what has he done wrong? Coulibaly and Davis have done nothing in previous games that they have played, so does it come back to what he is doing in training? Because I think every single one of us was wanting him to start today.
Baffling that he isnt starting.

Interesting midfield. Gerrard sees training and we don't, let's hope he's got it right.

Come on Gers.

Big worral should feel hard done by. He’s been out best depended by a mile the last few weeks!

Based on that XI, and the fact morale is low due to the cup exit I can feel a 1-1 draw.

Hope I'm wrong, c'mon the Gers!

Me too.

I can’t believe he’s not changing shape. How many games is he going to see us drop points because of that 4-3-3 before the penny drops ffs

I’ve no idea why we go 4-3-3 with those three front men. It was crying out for Morelos and Defoe up top today.

Me too.

I can’t believe he’s not changing shape. How many games is he going to see us drop points because of that 4-3-3 before the penny drops ffs

A few more games and we’ll never see him play for us again. May as well start playing our own guys now.

Does this suggest that Gerrard thinks that it’s Kamara or McCrorie at the base of midfield? I thought McCrorie would come in and Kamara move forward.

D1yOMX1X0AU6J7-.jpg
Chance for Katic and Coulibally to show why they should be in the team or in the squad for next season nice to see Grezda back on the bench aswell

I’ve no idea why we go 4-3-3 with those three front men. It was crying out for Morelos and Defoe up top today.

Baffling.

He will never deviate away from this system.

Same game coming up - lots of possession , lots of wide crosses and no creativity.

Under 2.5 goals at evens is buying money

Defoe must be thinking get me back down the road if he still cant get a game after that shambles the other night.

Just leaving and saw Kent and Candieas still playing, feel like turning back home.

At least Katic is playing, I expected Davis to start and he needs to step up if he wants to stay with us.
Coulibaly is a shock, just wish he could get to his early season form.

However expect the usual shit passing from Candieas and Kent just running with the ball and not passing or scoring.
Let’s hope they go out there and wallop Kilmarnock today as the weather is fucking miserable and we all need our spirits lifted.

Jeez that team looks honking. Davis has done zero to get a start. Coulibaly is worse than a man down. Worral dropped for no reason. Candeias still getting a game. Utterly bizarre.

Big chance for Coulibaly and Davis
These shirts are up for grabs for the next 9 games and will go a long way to deciding who's in and who's out

I’ll continue to back SG for as long as he is our manager (hopefully a long time) but he is starting to annoy me now with his team selections, both the stubborn elements (same front 3 that failed during the week) and the randomness of Davis + Coulibally coming out of cold storage and starting ahead of McCrorie

I think the reason mccrorie isn't playing may be down to the fact that people are building him up as some sort of saviour and Gerrard doesn't want the boys confidence to get shot to bits if he has a bad game and the supporters turn on him

I've got this feeling we don't know what we're going to get today - we will either hammer Killie 5 or 6 nil or else huff n' puff to a miserable draw.

Could be another struggle today. Need Davis to step up and start creating from midfield. A lot depends on what daniel candeias turns up today.

I can only assume that Gerrard sees a weakened midfield (with both Jack and Arfield out) as preventing him from changing too much up top as well. In other words, if I'm having to go with a makeshift midfield then I don't want to tamper too much with the rest of the team in an attacking sense.

Only logic I can see.

Coulibaly and Davis, it could be argued, are fighting to win a place at Ibrox next season. This will be one of the few chances they get so they'd do well to 'show up'.

Katic and Goldson are ours and are not loan players so, we need to again get them bedded in together. Perhaps SG is giving some players a last chance to do better than before. I have said often that Candyman is there to protect Tav when he is on his runs and that's all. Looks like Morelos and Defoe just can't work together and that's why they are separated.

Oh well, all will be revealed in a couple of hours.

Back