my tuppence

McGregor - 6 nothing to do

Tavernier - 7 marauded well and should've had a goal and penalty
Barisic 6 - not quite clicking for him just now but solid
Goldson 8 - immense
Balogun 7 - did well

Davis 9 - coasted thru the game with pipe and slippers
Jack 7 - goal gave him an extra mark, a few too many wild passes for him
Aribo 5 - some nice moments but largely off the pace and that chance was horrific to miss

Hagi 8 - worked hard, made space constantly and was a threat
Itten 6 - did the donkey work and had some nice touches but his shooting boots were elsewhere
Kent 6 - occasionally looked like he'd burst into a superb performance but too often was slack

subs
Wright 4 - bright, pacy and offered something more direct
Arfield 2 - no chance to impact the game

Don Robertson cost us 9 goals ?
Stopped us having opportunity of being 3-0 up at half time,with the not so subtle,(refusing stonewall penalty and Tav`s goal onside goal ) the "1-0 going on 10-0 was a reference to his subtle (giving free kicks against us without reason at corners in their box and elsewhere directly changing the direction of the flow of the game andhe also took the pressure off the opposition by giving us free kicks around the half way line when we had possession and were breaking on Killie who knows what that score would have been today without him after all he was the referee that cost us 2 pts at Easter Road by not applying the rules

On Sportscene I think that Tav's goal was just onside though you would need a proper camera angle to confirm this. The pundits thought that Tav should have had a penalty and Kilmarnock a free kick at the end, I would tend to agree. I thought the officials were awful, these basic errors and not booking enough Killie players. Ah well, onto the next match.

On Sportscene I think that Tav's goal was just onside though you would need a proper camera angle to confirm this. The pundits thought that Tav should have had a penalty and Kilmarnock a free kick at the end, I would tend to agree. I thought the officials were awful, these basic errors and not booking enough Killie players. Ah well, onto the next match.

Booking's ? he was hardly even giving free k cks for most of their fouls. The stats ended up 16 fouls each.

All that matters in the end is 3 points. However, it shouldn't take a world class goal to beat Kilmarnock 1-0 at Ibrox.
We were poor up front today. Balls into the box couldn't find our players, crosses into the box couldn't find our players, when chances were created in the box they got squandered, and our movement wasn't fast enough or clever enough in the box.
We also have a habit of slowing play down in midfield, giving teams the time they need to get back and pack out their defences. It's frustrating.
We must find a way to be more effective in the final third. The SPFL will be a breeze if we do. Not that it isn't a breeze already mind you. I hate being critical, when we're this ahead, but 55 isn't just any title. I want us to win it by dominating every shitey team in this league.
There is nothing wrong in your analysis however football is not as straightforward as this never has been in over 100 years.

Two of our four draws and our only defeat came last year.

In the eight matches we've played in the league this year we've had 6 wins, 2 draws and scored 13 goals, in the eight before the turn of the year we had 8 wins and scored 27 goals, thats a downturn in form to me.

Job done, 3 points and a clean sheet. Would we like more goals, yes but I'll take a 1-0 win every week from now on. Davis again MOM. #55 #LetsGo B-D :shh:

In the eight matches we've played in the league this year we've had 6 wins, 2 draws and scored 13 goals, in the eight before the turn of the year we had 8 wins and scored 27 goals, thats a downturn in form to me.
stats agree with you but we still havent lost

this all day long... we’ve won ugly this season whereas in seasons past we would have lost these ugly matches
Totally agree, but wouldn't it be great to see some free flowing relaxed football like earlier in the season? I'm hoping that the European games against a different type of opponent will help get us really motoring again.

We played well; we were aways looking to create, and one or two more chances could have been goals. Kent and Aribo were better than many on this thread suggested. Itten deserves to start more games; we, potentially, have a very good player here. As ever, Davis was superb; some of his passing was sublime.

Just watching the highlights of the game, for Tav's offside goal he is in an offside position when Itten passes to him, but it looks like Itten's pass might have taken a deflection of the Kilmarnock players foot, if you watch it in slow motion the ball changes direction indicating the Kilmarnock player touched it.

I thought if the ball comes of an opposition player like that then it isn't offside? You can understand how the linesman might have made that mistake it real time, but if there was VAR I think it might have stood.

Just watching the highlights of the game, for Tav's offside goal he is in an offside position when Itten passes to him, but it looks like Itten's pass might have taken a deflection of the Kilmarnock players foot, if you watch it in slow motion the ball changes direction indicating the Kilmarnock player touched it.

I thought if the ball comes of an opposition player like that then it isn't offside? You can understand how the linesman might have made that mistake it real time, but if there was VAR I think it might have stood.
No, it’s when it leaves Ittens foot

We Were a bit more positive in our play and should have scored more than 1 goal. Still work to do to find some of our better form again. But hopefully guys like Arfield and Alfie all returning now gives us a much needed boost.

Totally agree, but wouldn't it be great to see some free flowing relaxed football like earlier in the season? I'm hoping that the European games against a different type of opponent will help get us really motoring again.
agreed but I’m hoping Antwerp haven’t figured out how to pin back our full backs and cut off passes to our forwards

Back