Rangers v Kilmarnock - Match Thread

Too many of us believed the Hype with our performances in Europe, the painful truth is domestically there is no improvement. We are nowhere near good enough at the moment to mount a challenge for trophies proved by the last two results, big performance needed tonight after Sunday, and what did we get?? Another spineless pathetic one. Shambles.

Both Pedro and Warb's talked great games. Pedro was a bullmesiter supreme.
Warb's was not backed with cash and had no plan B, Pedro was backed and had no Plan at all!!!

Until SG is given serious money to buy much better players then we will have no idea how good he is ...or isn't

How can you honestly say he hasn’t been giving serious money?

Forget the mhanks and look at the rest of the dross, look at their squads and their transfer outlay.

We are buying players for millions, English Premiership players, several internationalists including Croatian, promising youngsters, loan players from Liverpool etc.

We should be blowing these teams out of the water, instead we are struggling badly.

1st 25 minutes of that 2nd half it looked only a matter of time before we scored - something had to fall to us you were thinking ... last 25 minutes you knew we weren't going to get anything as we quickly run out of ideas, energy and belief.

We need winners on the park - the defence is fine so let's get some quality in that final 3rd. We need at least 2 quality midfielders for starters - one to dictate play and pick a pass an attacking midfielder to run at teams and arrive late in the box to nab at least 15 goals per season.

Teams are not scared of us, they know that sitting in and blocking the runs down the channel absolutely nullifies our threat and they know they will get at least one or two gilt edged chances themselves.

That had all the hallmarks there of a mentally weak side. When we conceded the equalizer we looked very nervous for the rest of the half. Thought we started the 2nd bright enough but the more it went on, the nerves kicked in again and too many mistakes were made and we started looking desperate.

We're in a bit of a rut now and we really need to snap out of it ASAP. Any less than 6 points from our next 2 games and it'll be a long long international break for us.

I also think it's time that Worral, Coulibaly and Flanagan had a spell on the bench. All 3 been poor these last few games.

Forget the mhanks and look at the rest of the dross, look at their squads and their transfer outlay.

We are buy players for millions, English Premiership players, several internationals including Croatian, promising youngsters, loan players from Liverpool.

We should be blowing these teams out of the water, instead we are struggling badly.
We rarely blew teams out the water when we had genuinely world class players. It doesn't make it easier to take, but this idea needs to get itself to fućk.

How much has he spent on buying players and how many players did it cover?
Agreed
We are buying players for millions, English Premiership players, several internationalists including Croatian, promising youngsters, loan players from Liverpool etc.
We are not buying near top quality players! a few loan signings for 'promising' EPL squad players
Agreed.
Some of that must go to Gerrard's selection, formations & substitutions.

Serious money would be in the 20-30 mil range, that's what we need to spend to take us from where we are to a challenge!

first 15 minutes we looked good and got our goal then when they equalised we didn't respond and we were lucky not to lose in the last minute. I did expect a response but i knew it would be a tough game. We don't play fast enough and too slow and predictable.

Genuine question. What teams play 433 successfully apart from Barca?. Seems a formation that you really need top top players to do well with
Liverpool.
The reason we play 433 is because our manager and coaching staff all came from Liverpool. 433 is part of their philosophy. It wasn't a great result tonight but its worth sticking to the philosophy. When it works, and it has worked for us, it's great. We just need to find a way to do it consistently.

Almost more worrying than tonight's performance is the assessment I've just heard from the manager that Tav was excellent.

Would love to think it's part of a considered media strategy to bump up his price...

We were an abject embarrassment across the entire pitch and off it tonight,
It feels like a defeat.

Killie team and fans celebrating a draw at the end was equally embarrassing and shows the current state of the entire game in Scotland!!

Walking home from Ibrox feeling disappointed and fustrated is all too familiar these days.
Lets hope it was just a tough night against one of the league's better teams.

We really need to give St Mirren a doing.

Just back from the game totally gutted, can't help but feel its a mountain to clim and still October. Devoid of quality all over the park feels like groundhog day

Just home from game ,soaked, depressed, and fuming
Tavineer sorry son,but you aint a captain or leader,any fan who thinks hees a 6m player are looking through blue tinted glassses,infact our back 4 were as bad . Excluding haliday.
Our midfield just do these wee short sharp passes with no end product.. again i will not include haliday in this as atleast he looked as if he cared.. alfredo looks a lonely figure up there tonight, and its understandable why he gets frustrated...
I may be shot down but why bring on lafferty if u aint going to use his strengths.

This is going to be another mediocre season..
The manager told them straight, yet still they put that performence in tonight...

Based on blind hope. That is what football is all about. If you don't believe, stop watching until 19/20.
I wish my cock was 10in long,that's based on blind hope as well.

Unless there is much better quality brought in,far better than what is here just now,not just a slight improvement either,we will continue to lag behind the unwashed for years to come,I also don't see where all that money is going to come from either to get that quality.

Almost more worrying than tonight's performance is the assessment I've just heard from the manager that Tav was excellent.

Would love to think it's part of a considered media strategy to bump up his price...

he was literally at one stage just kicking it as hard as he could of the opponent right in front of him

just watched Stevie G's comments and he said Tav has given his all and did so on Sunday which for me is nonsense as Tav was shit on Sunday.
tonight I expect a reaction and it wasn't there so what does this mean after the comments on Sunday from the manager? do we have bottle merchants then?

On the rangers website Gerrard looks like he has aged twenty years since he first came here giving post match reaction. It’s certainly not going his way and he looks like he does not know where to,go from here.

We shouldn't be turning to an 18 year old inexperienced player when the chips are down for this very reason.

Gerrard has spoken in the past of how not to use young players in a way that could be damaging to their self confidence and subsequently their careers. Bringing him on on Sunday and tonight to try change the game for us in both instances was a mistake in my opinion.

Jesus do you ever read back what you type?? The guy is a winger and essentially an impact player - that is his job to try and skip past tiring defenders and put the ball on a plate for somebody. If he was a striker - his job would be to score goals ...

He is going to learn absolutely nothing if he only plays when we are 2 or 3 goals up - what player gets that sort of luxury??

Where would you like me to start?

Souness, Butcher, Woods, Gascoigne, Laudrup, De Boer, Numan, van Bronckhorst to name a few

Are you honestly saying we never blew teams
Out the water with the those players mentioned?

Seriously?

Teams that won trebles, went on long unbeaten runs, won games 5,6,7 nil etc?

A reaction to a reaction to a reaction...rinse & repeat.

Shambolic in the final third. SG said himself, he knew how a Clarke team sets up and how Aberdeen and Spartak got joy against us doing the exact same thing.

Like previous managers, definition of insanity is doing the same over and over and expecting different outcomes.

Like others said we had an opportunity to get a decent creative influence, goal threat from midfield in the summer and we didn't invest. Criminal now in hindsight.

On the rangers website Gerrard looks like he has aged twenty years since he first came here giving post match reaction. It’s certainly not going his way and he looks like he does not know where to,go from here.
Shite.

Hes put his faith in shite players. He knows that.

Awake and take your mouth for a shite.

Aye because support is based on numbers isn’t it? Keep daydreaming pal. We make the place really uncomfortable for our own and as long as we have people like you trying to ignore it then things won’t change.

don't try to blame the fans for that shite

it makes you look fucking ridiculous

Shite.

Hes put his faith in shite players. He knows that.

Awake and take your mouth for a shite.
People wonder by you don’t give your opinion a lot hen you don’t post a lot. The above reply is the answer, you should maybe have been a politician mate.

I didn’t completely blame the fans but it’s a bit hypocritical of us to completely ignore the fact that we didn’t give anywhere close to our all for our club tonight.

The players didn’t turn up and neither did the fans.

Relying on the players constantly to ignite us is a lazy mentality and when we have days like today we can’t look ourselves in the mirror and say we have our all to the club and the players because we didn’t.

tumblr_lnbig6Pdv11ql8wvno1_500.gif

I should just have stayed on the pan mate. FFS. Would've been subjected to less shite.

I didn’t completely blame the fans but it’s a bit hypocritical of us to completely ignore the fact that we didn’t give anywhere close to our all for our club tonight.

The players didn’t turn up and neither did the fans.

Relying on the players constantly to ignite us is a lazy mentality and when we have days like today we can’t look ourselves in the mirror and say we have our all to the club and the players because we didn’t.

May have already been covered, but why did Foderingham get the shout in goal tonight? (Had nothing to do, just wondering why he played in place of McGregor)

Jesus do you ever read back what you type?? The guy is a winger and essentially an impact player - that is his job to try and skip past tiring defenders and put the ball on a plate for somebody. If he was a striker - his job would be to score goals ...

He is going to learn absolutely nothing if he only plays when we are 2 or 3 goals up - what player gets that sort of luxury??

It's not as simple as "that's his position and that's what he's supposed to do". He's 18 years old and not had very much game time in relative first team terms so to ask him to come on in front a a restless home crowd when we're struggling to break stubborn sides down is asking too much at this stage of his development in my opinion.

Jesus.

Back