Rangers v Kilmarnock - Match Thread

Im assuming you read the original person on this saying it and thought you would copy it.

Shows how much of a hysterical drama queen you and your ilk are turning on an 18 year old

No one is “turning” on him.

He’s picked in the first team therefore people are allowed, and will have, an opinion on what he’s contributing. Look at where we are, we can’t afford passengers in the team regardless of how old they are. It’s the same for coulibaly in midfield too.

It’s not a witch hunt against him.

Im assuming you read the original person on this saying it and thought you would copy it.

Shows how much of a hysterical drama queen you and your ilk are turning on an 18 year old

Mate you can give your opinion on a player without being a drama queen. Which of the two of us is really acting like a stroppy teenager here?

I didn't see someone else calling him Gregg Wylde II but it's a pretty obvious comparison in fairness.

Middleton seems to be the saviour in some fans eyes. That's fine but I've seen absolutely nothing from him that makes me feel that way. Played okay against Ayr, was involved in the move that led to a goal in Villarreal and that's pretty much it. I see effort from him just not genuine ability. Call me old fashioned but I like my wingers to be able to dribble past a man not just kick it down the touchline and chase after it.

As I said he's just a young lad, he shouldn't have been thrown on last night and I don't believe we can rely on him because he's not good enough. Maybe he'll grow into the player some of our fans seem to think he is.

Ryan Kent is a far better player yet gets far more stick. Go figure.

You asked when have we ever blew teams out the water? YOU mentioned world class players going way back, I have given you examples of us blowing teams out the water, but that doesn’t fit your agenda so you pick holes in that argument and ask why not mention another season?:D

As for the patronising line about debating like grown ups

Go f.uck yourself ;)

Here's exactly what I said (thanks to the power of going back one page and looking)

We rarely blew teams out the water when we had genuinely world class players. It doesn't make it easier to take, but this idea needs to get itself to fućk

That's not asking anything. That's a statement.

Have a good day at school sweetheart, try and learn something.

After watching the last number of games it’s starting to show shades of ‘plan B being doing plan A better’ again :rolleyes:
I think it’s a case of not really having the players for any other system.

We can play a 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 currently, with no out and out attacking midfielder we ended up Arfield in the middle of a 4231 last night and it didn’t work.

I think we need to accept the reality that Rome wasn’t built in a day and trust that we can have another window of good recruitment

Time to accept we are in a team building process, far from the finished article, but showing some signs of getting there. The next transfer window will show if the Club has long term ambitions.

My main worry is that we are playing some of the players we have on loan, whether they deserve to be playing or not.

No one is “turning” on him.

He’s picked in the first team therefore people are allowed, and will have, an opinion on what he’s contributing. Look at where we are, we can’t afford passengers in the team regardless of how old they are. It’s the same for coulibaly in midfield too.

It’s not a witch hunt against him.

Plenty on this thread are.

Players have off games, especially wingers and especially young wingers.

The he is Greg Wylde MkII is a dig at the biy for no reason.

I have no doubts the folk coming away with this are the same types who used to sit and moan at Laudrup for not tracking back amd calling Albertz a shytebag

poor performance to many players not performing could see it coming after livi, hampden we seem to run out of ideas

Can anyone enlighten me as to why Rangers should be beating teams week in week out?
What's this old school attitude about?
I mean we aren't the Rangers of old and just cause we used to dominate games doesn't give us a god given right to dominate every game we play in now.
Perhaps living in the moment instead of the past would do many people alot of favours in this situation.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why Rangers should be beating teams week in week out?
I mean we aren't the Rangers of old and just cause we used to dominate games doesn't give us a god given right to dominate every game we play in now.
Perhaps living in the moment instead of the past would do many people alot of favours in this situation.

Maybe going back to kerrydale street would do us all a favour.

Maybe going back to kerrydale street would do us all a favour.
So you don't agree then? You don't believe that many Rangers fans are clinging to the days of old?? Have an expectation of the team that is ridiculously high?
Think it's a given right as a Rangers team to win everything? And to never be beaten? That's not real life!!

Plus it's pretty grim that if you don't agree with what someone else has to say you automatically think they are a Celtic fan!! What a mentality to be burdened with

Last edited:
So you don't agree then? You don't believe that many Rangers fans are clinging to the days of old?? Have an expectation of the team that is ridiculously high?
Think it's a given right as a Rangers team to win everything? And to never be beaten? That's not real life!!

Plus it's pretty grim that if you don't agree with what someone else has to say you automatically think they are a Celtic fan!! What a mentality to be burdened with

How is thinking we should be beating Kilmarnock clinging to the days of old? We have better players, a massive financial gap. We should be beating Kilmarnock every single time.

You joined the board yesterday, a quite suspect date given the result, our financial results were released and the fact your first post is highly questionable. That's why I think you're at it.

How is thinking we should be beating Kilmarnock clinging to the days of old? We have better players, a massive financial gap. We should be beating Kilmarnock every single time.

You joined the board yesterday, a quite suspect date given the result, our financial results were released and the fact your first post is highly questionable. That's why I think you're at it.

Well we can agree to disagree then....But I am not going to sit here arguing with you to prove that i dont support Celtic !! Seriously!! That's really really grim

Well we can agree to disagree then....But I am not going to sit here arguing with you to prove that i dont support Celtic !! Seriously!! That's really really grim

You honestly don't think we should be beating Kilmarnock? Given the massive differences in finances and quality of players?

what the f-ck is this shit we are not the Rangers of old.we will always be the RANGERS.

The defenders took abuse last night for not getting the ball forward fast enough but no one was actually looking for the ball. But my biggest concern is we always try and work it wide and then in - we never try anything through the middle? Jack, Arfield and Coulibaly are all too similar - defensive minded we really need a forward thinking mid-fielder.

Rangers should be winning the vast majority of games. It’s a belief based on our history but also our budget and how much we’ve spent in comparison to say a Kilmarnock.

Disappointing again and becoming the norm until we start scoring goals and putting teams to the sword.
Worryingly it's happening to often but I'm confident the gaffer will come up with solutions to beating so called lesser teams.

Was at the game last night. Yes it was unlucky, we couldn’t break them down and their defence and keeper did well. What I didn’t like was the players at the final whistle sinking to their knees and feeling sorry For themselves. Should stay on your feet and shake your opponents hand win lose or draw. Hope I don’t see that at Ibrox again.
It’s a building process. Take each game as it comes. Onwards.

Back