Match Thread Rangers v Lech Poznan - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Don't do Twitter or Facebook

This place is bad enough.

There's people think we should win 4-0 every game.

Sorry chaps we'll get beat every now and again.

Football would be pointless otherwise.
Some of the earlier posts on here makes me feel we are better with no fans, you can imagine what the players would be hearing from the stands before the goal.

Watched with my old man tonight. He's 66 die hard fan and always calls it how it is. Even when we weren't playing great he said 'they wont score against us tonight kidd, we finally have a defence again' we both called the double change Aribo and Alfie for Hagi and Roofe and were always confident we would nick a goal which we did. It's a great time to be a fan. Love nothing more than celebrating a goal with the old man. Each one feels so important this year we are celebrating every goal like it's an old firm goal. Exciting times

Just heard the commentary from the Celtic goals. The commentator is clearly one of them clearly cheering when they score.
Yet again we got Rhob Maclean.....
I was watching from USA using CBS all access. They had Demarcus Beasley on talking about some of the games, which was nice, but the fellow in the studio kept talking about Celtic. No idea who he was, but he was looking smug when they were 2-0 up but a little sheepish after they pulled it back to 2-2. Ha ha. GIRFUY.

Watched with my old man tonight. He's 66 die hard fan and always calls it how it is. Even when we weren't playing great he said 'they wont score against us tonight kidd, we finally have a defence again' we both called the double change Aribo and Alfie for Hagi and Roofe and were always confident we would nick a goal which we did. It's a great time to be a fan. Love nothing more than celebrating a goal with the old man. Each one feels so important this year we are celebrating every goal like it's an old firm goal. Exciting times
Just lap up every second with your old man.

Nice one.

Almost the same age as your Dad kiddo ; ask him to rate Borno's left peg against
the King, Jim Baxter. That should keep the memories going good guns mate.

The inconsistencies with refs will never cease to astound.

Our two centre backs 'yellowed' early doors in the second half. Yet we have to then consider the raking of the studs down our players' calves etc, in the first half that went unpunished?

I freely admit I look at life through blue tinted lens, but some of the referring when it concerns us, seems to happen almost every game in Europe.

The inconsistencies with refs will never cease to astound.

Our two centre backs 'yellowed' early doors in the second half. Yet we have to then consider the raking of the studs down our players' calves etc, in the first half that went unpunished?

I freely admit I look at life through blue tinted lens, but some of the referring when it concerns us, seems to happen almost every game in Europe.
Lech were a dirty team. Those 'challenges' were deliberate. No idea why the ref let them off with it apart from one yellow.

That was a tough game tonight. So a great 3 points.

I thought Poznan done a great job on Tav and nullified him going forward. I was impressed with their left back too.

Great for us though the Barisic took the mantle and created the winner with a stunning cross.

I think this start to the season is beyond what anyone could imagine. It feels controlled and focused. Looks like a team on the verge. When you stop and think about it for a second. If youre limiting your opponents to 1 or 2 shots at goal every game. Statistically, you aren't going to be beaten very often.

But they can play too.

6 points from 6
can't ask for anything more
it looks like we can pull results now while not at our best
all the signs are positive these days

We all need to make the best of what we are watching. I asked for a win and a clean sheet. Job done. Some of us were at the Gornik game in ’69. Similar type of hard going Polish team with one or two great players. We lost 1-3 that night, so 1-0 with SG tactics show how it can be done in similar circumstances. His European pedigree shines through our team.

Absolutely chuffed to bits Alfie scored. Great bullet header. Will do his confidence no end of a boost and just what he needed. Great performance against a very tough side. Agree that Tavernier was nullified by them and their left back was superb. Their whole team were comfortable on the ball. We are amazing currently and always looked like winning - limiting them to no attempts on goal. Great win.
Plus double bonus with them f@&ers being tagged back to a draw. Should be draining for them. All in all a great night.
Would love to be in Lisbon next week - we can but dream! No fear and no surrender.

Pleased with the win last night, although not at our best we ground it out. We look defensively solid and although our front three were off it a bit these are games we wouldn’t have one the last few seasons. Onwards and upwards bears. Killie next.

Balogun was solid again.

I was surprised at how good a team Poznan were, so I expect a tough time over there. There big Swedish forward looks like he may cause a few problems.

A good result, as Poznan looked a decent side, with plenty of young guys in the team. Think they'll do Liege. A mouthwatering double against Benfica is one to look forward to. Will be Leverkusen level of quality, so going to be difficult. WATP

A good result, as Poznan looked a decent side, with plenty of young guys in the team. Think they'll do Liege. A mouthwatering double against Benfica is one to look forward to. Will be Leverkusen level of quality, so going to be difficult. WATP

I don't doubt Benfica are a good team, but are they really the same level as Bayer Leverkusen? Bearing in mind we've beat Braga and Porto in recent years, I don't think they're at the same level tbh. Not that they aren't a good side, but I'm confident we can get a draw over there.

I don't doubt Benfica are a good team, but are they really the same level as Bayer Leverkusen? Bearing in mind we've beat Braga and Porto in recent years, I don't think they're at the same level tbh. Not that they aren't a good side, but I'm confident we can get a draw over there.
They're just one of the teams you take as a Champions League team. I certainly do. As Gerrard says, a team worth lots of money. A draw in Portugal will do me fine.

I know Borna's cross was sublime
I know Tav was lurking behind Alfie - ready to pounce if Alfie hadn't connected
& I know in the overall scheme of things - anyone getting a header in that position has to score

All that said - that was a superb header from Alfie - he struck it perfectly & placed it well beyond the keeper even though it entered the net in a fairly central location
It probably had enough power that even if the keeper had got a finger tip to it - it would still go in

That was a goal DJ or MH would have been proud of imo

They're just one of the teams you take as a Champions League team. I certainly do. As Gerrard says, a team worth lots of money. A draw in Portugal will do me fine.

I'd be delighted with a draw in Portugal. It would be a terrific result, as was last night's. I think some expectations are a little unrealistic.

Not a great performance but a huge result. We are now 1/16 to qualify which shows the importance of this result

Last edited:
Saw the manager went through Jordan Campbell for suggesting it was a "7/10" performance. F*ck me, if only he read some of the pish posted in this thread.

Never been a happy hunting ground for us lately, hopefully mother nature does us a wee favour n soaks that plastic carpet they call a pitch, 2-0 to the Famous Glasgow Rangers

Back