Match Thread Rangers v Lech Poznan - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
f6XhAO0.png

Just listened to a Heart and Hand pod with a Polish-based British football journalist.
Sounds like it is going to be an exciting match. Lech sound like a really attacking team full of youngsters. They apparently really go for it.
They had 14 or 15 shots v Benfica and a greater share of possession, which was a surprise to hear.
However, they sound fragile defensively.

Seeing the players Lech have out make me think this game will probably be more comfortable than we expect.

I'll go 3-1.

Those five W's are quite significant.

No fear with the confidence running through the squad.

Watched their highlights against benfica and they are a good side...be a tough game but we will have enough to win...standard 2-0 result for the bears

Cant wait for this, love when the games coming thick and fast.

Think we can get the result we want here if we go about our business properly. Any win will do me.

Was hoping for a new thread from @Gazrfc to see what the Poznan fans are saying about this one. Maybe iv missed it!

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Yet another Tough test for the team, but confidence is high.

I never believe in predicting the final score, but I expect us to come out on top after a tight game.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

As usual I would like a win playing our normal smooth fast flowing football,no injuries no cards no drama the final score isn't important if we win WATP

Those five W's are quite significant.

No fear with the confidence running through the squad.
I thought that WWWWW was some kind of jiggery popery the site gets up to when you put in words like I prefer men.

Reactions: cav
Hard to guess our lineups now but I'll have a go.

McGregor; Tav, Goldson, Helander, Barisic; Davis, Kamara, Arfield; Roofe, Morelos, Kent

I think we will play a counter attacking team and try to suppress their direct play.
Alfie
Barker Kent
Kamara Arfield Jack
Borno Helander Goldson Tav
McGregor

That is not our strongest 11 or my favourite but it could be the tool for the job.

I don't want to get carried away with our European form, however I do believe we have the strength, depth and quality to overcome poznan and take all three points from tonight.

Usually on match day there is a slight nervousness, especially on Euro days, but I feel calm and positive. Fancy us to win 2-0 but we will have to watch them on the break.

Back