Match Thread Rangers v Livingston - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV.tv

Haven't looked at any other posts on this thread or watched the after-match videos, but I'd like to say this.
That first half was a disgrace. The players disgraced the club, the manager, the fans and themselves.
We need a leader on the pitch, we didn't have one today. In fact, I'd say until we get a leader we're winning nothing.
I also think the manager missed an opportunity to freshen the CBs, Kent should not have started and Arfield is still in need of a rest.
For the "three points is all the matters" posters we did enough, if you were at the game and sat through yet another unprofessional shit-show of a first half you probably have a different view.

Nowhere near the team some think we are.

That today was similar to numerous games last season and that's been the trend through out this season thus far. We are not playing well in any area of the park.

Slow, predictable, pedestrian, toothless. After the Old Firm defeat I cannot believe that performance today. We only woke up when we went behind.

Halliday needs binned for good, Goldson and Arfield need time out the side and there isn't something quite right about the balance in midfield. Our passing and use of the ball is terrible the majority of the time.

Aribo and Ojo had better up their game because they have been poor for weeks now and the same can be said of Tavernier, Katić as well.

Positives in that Barker looked a danger and smashed in a goal whilst we came back from 1-0 to win 3-1 - which wouldn't have happened last season.

We are skating on thin ice, need to improve in every area of the park and fund some form.

Tempo, decision making, the way we move the ball... shocking for the most part and the defence is a mess.

Same points crop up every game and need addressed before we are made to pay - like we did agaisnt the bheggars.

Three points but start learning and putting things right ffs.

Thank Christ someone has said it. Do people actually believe we will stop a Celtic team so financially cushioned by Champions League money and on their way to four trebles in a row?

A bit of realism is needed.

We need to win the league, yes, that is the priority, but like it or not, we haven't been anywhere near as good as some results suggest. Today is a prime example.

Haven't looked at any other posts on this thread or watched the after-match videos, but I'd like to say this.
That first half was a disgrace. The players disgraced the club, the manager, the fans and themselves.
We need a leader on the pitch, we didn't have one today. In fact, I'd say until we get a leader we're winning nothing.
I also think the manager missed an opportunity to freshen the CBs, Kent should not have started and Arfield is still in need of a rest.
For the "three points is all the matters" posters we did enough, if you were at the game and sat through yet another unprofessional shit-show of a first half you probably have a different view.
Sat through this in Game Changers in Orlando. A really good turn out of bears. The place was flat, echoing to “FFS” “Jesus Christ” etc. Improved a bit in the last half hour.
Of course everyone was delighted at the result, but I doubt if any were taken in by it.
Winning games we would have lost last season is a fantastic improvement, but the sloppiness and unforced errors are still there. The scum showed us where we are, only able to get one or two shots on target in 90 minutes.
Again today we lacked vitality, pace and drive. Fortunately Livi didn’t have the players to cash in. Other teams may well have.
I got most exasperated watching rare Livi attacks break down and when they were slightly exposed, it took us about four passes to get to the half way line.
We have to be much more direct and pacey when we break down an attack, instead of fannying around allowing them to get their shape back.
Our final ball and first touch today were poor, with players getting plaudits for recovery tackles they shouldn’t have had to make in the first place.
Don’t even start me on the defending.
Other than that a good three points.

Last edited:
I think it's a good thing that we can come back from a couple of early setbacks like losing a player to injury and conceding a penalty. The greeting faced bastards on these threads scunner me to f#ck. I had to follow this thread because I had to miss the game, and for f#ck's sake it was beyond belief. Speechless at some of the keech I was reading.

Livi sat in on the edge of their box and denied us space - given that this game was always going to be about 3 points first and foremost.

Yes its absolutely turgid to watch, but ultimately we walk away with the victory and they walk away with nothing.

For those, and this thread is full of them, expecting us to win 4 or 5 nothing every game playing scintillating, exciting football for 90 minutes i ask - is this the first season you've ever watched football?

We won and got back on track after the break. We will have better games.

Nobody is being kidded by lazy, unimaginative across-the-pitch dawdling. That's not controlling the game, dominating the ball, setting the tempo or any other similar 'ah but' weasel word, it's cheating. Performances like yesterday's first half against teams like Livingston when we should be going out, playing on the front foot and have everyone in the stadium enjoying themselves are unprofessional. Being half-arsed for most of the game and then stepping it up is the reverse of how we should play, it took them going ahead for our all-too-comfortable senior players to wake up.
Just have some pride in the jersey.

We're not playing particularly well yet, but still getting the 3 points.

It still feels like the new guys are settling in.

Twice now the team has showed character to come back from adversity to claim the win.......apart from the derby defeat we have been flawless so far this season.

A win on Thursday and Sunday and momentum is with us again.

It seems to me there is a fine line between showing character and not having the necessary guile and craft to negotiate these games. We know that most teams will pack their defence in numbers, and yes a game lasts 90 minutes, but Hibs and Legia at Ibrox apart, we really have huffed and puffed against dross.

As for momentum, we couldn't have had any more possible coming off the Legia game and that turned to absolute dog sh1t.

We'll take a win in this mini malaise, but we need to turn the corner sharpish.

The thing is at the moment,I'm not particularly confident with rangers going into any game.
They look more disjointed than at this time last season.

Really hope I'm proved wrong here,but cant help think if we go 6 behind them,the league will slip away as I cant see rangers winning a load of games on the trot,which needs to be done and still having a problem keeping clean sheets

The thing is at the moment,I'm not particularly confident with rangers going into any game.
They look more disjointed than at this time last season.

Really hope I'm proved wrong here,but cant help think if we go 6 behind them,the league will slip away as I cant see rangers winning a load of games on the trot,which needs to be done and still having a problem keeping clean sheets

Since the New Years game against them when we won 1-0, we’ve played 37 competitive matches and lost 5, two against Celtic, once to Aberdeen, and twice against Killie. We might get to 2020 with 5 still on the board (and I’d be f*cking delighted at that being the case), but you’ve got to be a bit more realistic about football in general and stop catastrophising before games, you’ll never enjoy one otherwise.

A couple of wee points from yesterday.

Fair play to Halliday for singling out Ojo after Barker's goal. Ojo was coming in for a fair bit of stick before his assist for Barker, and it was good to see Halliday go out his way to show him support.

And well done to Edmundson for the time he spent getting photos taken with the service personnel at half time. He seemed genuinely pleased to be there and, again, it was good to see.

Watched the game on RTV again. First half lots of possession but little craft, apart from Morelos and Arfield close attempts. Kent wasn't up to match fitness. He tried too hard. Second half much better after going a goal behind. Tav's cross evaded everyone and its 1-1. Arfield involved in most of the clever build-up for Morelos having several chances. Andy Halliday, unfortunately, was the clear weak link. Lost his man at the corner when Livi hit the woodwork and was lucky to get the benefit of the doubt when Livi 'scored' only to be awarded as a foul for us. There were a number of times when Andy was caught in possession and caused the defence awkward moments. Davis tried to fill in for Jack, but not with the same success rate, so that's a worry against the Dutch on Thursday. Not one of the team seemed to be at their best. Ojo and Aribo flitted in and out of the game without much to offer on a consistent level. Livi had a couple of chances from free-kicks and each time won the ball in our box with free headers. At the other end, we took the lead from Tav's corner and a great flick-on from Aribo found Morelos and he headed it past the goalie. Dyke was sent off on 73 mins but had given our back two a run for their money and got the penalty against us. However, we never made the most of it. Still we huffed and we puffed. Ojo eventually found space by moving into the middle and created the pass for Barker to make it 3-1.
Overall, very few of our players know how to dribble past opposition. Our game is mostly about slick passing to beat a defence, but when there are two banks of four or five to get round, this can prove difficult to achieve as it gets very tight in the last third. We have a history of dropping points after international breaks, so we should be happy for 3 points against stubborn opposition. We will need to be playing at a higher level when we meet them in the League Cup next.

Livi sat in on the edge of their box and denied us space - given that this game was always going to be about 3 points first and foremost.

Yes its absolutely turgid to watch, but ultimately we walk away with the victory and they walk away with nothing.

For those, and this thread is full of them, expecting us to win 4 or 5 nothing every game playing scintillating, exciting football for 90 minutes i ask - is this the first season you've ever watched football?

We won and got back on track after the break. We will have better games.

In the end we take the win. The thing that matters in any given game is who scores most goals. BUT we have been less than convincing in most league games. Yes we meet defensive teams but so do the unwashed and they seem to deal with it better than we do. We are still looking like last year's team. Too often too ponderous, too often thinking keeping possession for its own sake is somehow good. FFS they seemed to have an entirely new back four against as far as I could gather and we barely laid a glove on them.

Not our greatest performance but a deserved win in the end. Clearly there is room for us to improve and let's hope that happens.

It seems to me there is a fine line between showing character and not having the necessary guile and craft to negotiate these games. We know that most teams will pack their defence in numbers, and yes a game lasts 90 minutes, but Hibs and Legia at Ibrox apart, we really have huffed and puffed against dross.

As for momentum, we couldn't have had any more possible coming off the Legia game and that turned to absolute dog sh1t.

We'll take a win in this mini malaise, but we need to turn the corner sharpish.

Cheer up ffs and take some xanex

Back