Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Itten

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Arfield

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jones

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
Get the feeling we are properly managing games now might be a bit of a bore now and again but we are getting the points. Yet another clean sheet, superb. Tav mom for me

I must admit that I was shouting for Davis to get hooked early in the second half. However I thought that as the game wore on, he grew into it and became a calming influence when we started to drop out a bit. He made one or two mistakes but there was a cameo in the second half when he played the ball out from the back under pressure and showed all of his experience, so controversially maybe, I voted for him

Gotta say, I recognise this Rangers team. There's a confidence and determination about them, that I have not seen for a long time. Long way to go this season, but I have a belief that has been lacking for a good few years.

Im not sure I agree mate. Yeah we weren’t great today, miles off our best but the difference between that today and last year is how solid we look defensively. I remember games at Ibrox last year where teams would sit in and frustrate us untill 75 mins then start really having a go and we’d look shaky. We never really looked like conceding at all today
That's a fair point, but I can't forget the 'shaky' games. We have a great defensive record so far this season, but I am fearful that the habit of taking our foot of the gas is a bad and dangerous habit.

Hope your right and I'm wrong or that we shake the habit.

We’ve had two massive away games, and wins, prior to this game.

We have a massive European game and a trip to Rugby Park, where we have struggled previously, after this.

This performance and probable win is completely understandable unless you’re a hysterical drama queen.
Since both our skipper and JD were critical of our 2nd half performance (see post match interviews) I'm happy to be classified alongside them as a 'drama queen'.

Great week result wise, absolutely. 2nd half today acceptable? Absolutely not.

What was most pleasing is that we found another way to win. The way we identified the balls over the top as a weakness was great to watch.

Since both our skipper and JD were critical of our 2nd half performance (see post match interviews) I'm happy to be classified alongside them as a 'drama queen'.

Great week result wise, absolutely. 2nd half today acceptable? Absolutely not.

Well, obviously.

They are the professionals and I wouldn’t expect them to come out and be delighted with the second half performance.

I always want everyone at Rangers to think they can do better.

The support though? The support should recognise the week just gone and the week ahead.

You completely made up your point about players featuring in the prior games too so I’m afraid I can’t really take you seriously on this one.

The support have had to endure a lot in recent years, so I agree they are entitled to enjoy the week gone by. We ain't entitled to portray the 2nd half performance today as acceptable, unless you think you know better than Tav and JD.

how many matches on a Sunday did we throw away points, the past couple of years. after a tough thursday match where we were lights out?... I’ll take 3 points and a clean sheet on the back of a sloppy 2nd half every sunday

how many matches on a Sunday did we throw away points, the past couple of years. after a tough thursday match where we were lights out?... I’ll take 3 points and a clean sheet on the back of a sloppy 2nd half every sunday

Very important win today, we must capitalise every time the Tim’s drop points, this will lead to more and more pressure being heaped on them something they havnt had to cope with for years.
Everything is harder with pressure on you.

As for rangers today, won the game early and got some players valuable match time.

One game at a time and one week at a time.
Kilmarnock is the next must win game let’s get 9 points clear.

That’s all that matters now.

Focus focus focus

Decent day all round yesterday to round off a great week.. Pretty routine win and some game time for some players who hadn't featured much recently.. Superb goal by JD to get to 300.. Onwards to Thursday now. #LetsGo

Anyone know where you can find a heat map or average positions of the Livingstone players? Want to see just how deep they were. I know they had a couple of decent attacks too, but their defensive lines looked so deep.

Half the team today didn't feature in those games so it isn't understandable, sadly it is predictable. I'll take the points very happily, but performances like the 2nd half will eventually cost us if we keep repeating them.

Don’t look back look forward. He’s keeping those players fresh for Thursday and especially Sunday.

He rotated the squad for a bread and butter match and it worked. We won comfortably without getting out of second gear.

Now we’re one league win away from taking a massive step towards become title favourites.

Back