MOTM Poll Rangers v Livingston - 19:45 Wednesday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really disappointing performance. I thought there were signs of improvement for spells in the last couple of games but this evening has been a step back.

There have been decent performances by the center backs and the full backs have had decent flashes but everything further forward has been soooooo slow.

Lundstram and Kamara have sort of controlled things but are not creating anything.

Wright and Aribo have been dreadful and Alfie/ Roofe are having to come so deep to see the ball

I'm not watching the game. Reading what's been said on here I have not seen Roofe getting a mention. Has he made any contribution?

Midfield and frontline doing nothing of note, slow and passive. Aribo, Lundstram and Wright off now for Hagi, Bacuna and Sakala and let's have some intensity and desire.

Absolutely nothing learned from the weekend.
Give Aribo and Wright until the 60 min mark and if no improvement get them hooked.

That was an okay half actually, but reflective of the season. We really miss Tav going forward. But for the love of god start introducing a forward press and midfield further up the pitch.
On another night we have 4

Its finishing more than a lack of effort, a lack of creativity etc.

Arguably Patterson, Alfie, Bassey and Wright coulda, shoulda, woulda scored one each.

Reactions: TPP
Surely management must see we are at our best when attacking at pace with the full backs.....this slow pass about at the back giving the opposition time to get organised is getting very predicable now

Front three absolutely starved of any meaningful passes, Aribo and Lundstram offering nothing whatsoever. Brutal stuff to watch. We've totally lost our goalscoring knack, and come to think of it except Dunfermline we've not even had it this season.

Can't really write this off any more as "just not gotten started" this season. We're enough games in now that any fitness or playstyle issues should have been sorted ages ago.

Seen a few folk say we have a few gears to go up yet, but I honestly don't see where that comes from. Morelos hasn't kicked his own arse all season.

no movement off them .
McLaughlin on about the 31st minute made a quick throw out and Bassey took the ball to the halfway line and had to pass back, because not one of our forward players was making themselves available for a pass.

Really poor.
Alfie hardly looks bothered.
Roofe doesn't look as if we'd miss him if he went for a lie down.
Wright is trying but his form has plummeted appallingly recently.

Less crossing and more central running please.
Hagi & Sakala on.

Morelos doing nothing, Roofe anonymous, Wright poor, Aribo hasn’t done anything apart from give it away. Only Lundstram, Bassey and Patterson look up for it.

Woeful stuff. Scoring goals has become so difficult for us. We had 3 good chances in that half (Bassey especially). You just know that Livi will get one and take it. Edging towards another cup disaster here.

We can’t be that bad in the 2nd half so surely that’s a positive :eek:

It's up to us to defeat the negativity.
We were delighted when they used it on the scum.
The only way we get semi professional outfits like Livi and Motherwell to ditch anti football is start like a train, get 2 goals up, then pick them off now and again. Game finishes 4-0, or 5-0. Unfortunately we start games crushingly slowly, and let the Livi's bed in.

Front three absolutely starved of any meaningful passes, Aribo and Lundstram offering nothing whatsoever. Brutal stuff to watch. We've totally lost our goalscoring knack, and come to think of it except Dunfermline we've not even had it this season.
I think Lundstram has played well. The deepest of the midfield has won the ball back and played the simple pass everytime.

Na, Aribo 10000000000% worse than Alfie tonight. Lost possession around 5 times in the first 30 minutes due to being careless/unaware. Alfie just the easy target as always.
I was meaning in general term Morelos is often very careless in possession. It is the most frustrating part of his game. I rate Morelos very highly but he's not perfect. And I'm certainly not targeting him.

I just don't know what has happened to these players. It's almost as if "awk we've stopped the 10 in a row, don't need to give it our all anymore". The quality is there, need to start questioning some of these players commitment.

The midfield wasn’t upgraded in the summer and it continues to be an issue. Too slow and ponderous. Lacking imagination and creativity. Absolutely no penetration.

Front three, absolutely nothing from them.

Slow, sloppy, extra touches, play slowed down, move it wide then cross.

Back