MOTM Poll Rangers v Livingston - 19:45 Wednesday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If he tempted to put Hagi on in midfield for some invention as we are so slow in there. Lundstram off drop Kamara back, we need more from them. Lack of width is killing us up top. Morelos has offered nothing.

When the main creative player pinging passes is Goldson and not a midfielder you know it's going to be a long night.
Back to the static slow build-up play and slow front line.

Tav and Barasic get good crosses in from much deeper. I think that's lacking so far and Hagi needs to get on that pitch ASAP.

Reactions: TPP
Woeful stuff. Scoring goals has become so difficult for us. We had 3 good chances in that half (Bassey especially). You just know that Livi will get one and take it. Edging towards another cup disaster here.
It's bad enough without optimists like you.

Aribo, Wright and Roofe are all out of form at the moment. They are all capable of much better.
A good second half performance and win would really help confidence.

Forwards have had no service at all,not them that need replacing

Scott Wright’s main attribute appears to be a turn of pace, so what’s the point in playing him in a game where there’s no space to run into, we need players like Hagi that might pick a pass or shoot on target

Clearly these tactics are not bearing fruit, if a manager can't switch it up what's the point. Last season was a dream but it's clear this season already, we need to change matches. This , to me, remains SG Achilles heel. Can't recall many games where he turns it around. Last season bar Motherwell we were never chasing it. This game
We played well for half of the OF and we done absolutely nothing against Lyon. We have had one good performance this season against Dunfermline and a good half against Celtic, out of what, 15 games now? FIFTEEN. We are almost in October and look just as ropey as we did in July.
And still top of the league. I suppose you go in to work every day and knock your pan in?

Hagi needs to be on to try and link the midfield to attack. Hopefully get at least 30 minutes this half.

Hmmm.

I don’t think we’ve been terrible and with better decision making(yawn) could have had at least 1.

I do remember LC and SC games under Walter though, sometimes they were equally as turgid.

Im in the not panicking boat yet.

Awful

Wright been really poor , Roofe is non existent

Hagi and Bacuna on please
I think and I could be wrong but for me Wright should be an impact sub at this time because he usually fades about the 60 min mark and lifts the crowd when he comes on? Aribo like a few have struggled past few games but can turn it in one moment however is it worth waiting for something that might not come?

Still making chances though it would be good if we could sign someone with a good shot in them for congested circumstances?

Torture to watch. Just get some genuine goal threat into our play. Players need to get their fingers out ffs.

The lack of urgency from Morelos especially has been pissing me off all season. A striker that canny really be arsed trying to score.
You're right but be careful, Alfie is not allowed to be criticised 95% of the time on here.
Fwiw Roofe is offering nowhere near enough either.

Stale again something needs done I’m sick of playing these rancid defensive set ups as well
We rarely if ever have a long range dig. Surely with 10 men in the box from Livi, and a handful of Gers men, there's going to be ricochets, out for corners or into the net.

Thats a better plan, he really is unbearable.

Do it mate, so much better. I’m on a wee holiday for 2 hours…

Would much rather have been at the game have a ticket but couldn’t make it, listening to that cockroach Craigan would have been too much!

It is though. They aren’t planning to come and control the ball at Ibrox.

Sit in, soak up the pressure, do what they are good at (defending), and hit us on the break with a long ball as its hurt us a couple times this season.
They are not "letting" us have it. They have no option but to soak up the pressure because they simply don't have the ability to dominate the ball.

Absolutely woeful, the work rate of the players is a disgrace, Morelos like he has been all season looks like he doesn't give a %^*&. Aribo, wright, Roofe Lundstram have been woeful, Gerrard needs to go through this mob.

We all wanted Patterson, Bassey in and for Wright to be getting more game time. That was baws. It better be the opposite of the weekend and a stunning second half

None of our players are interested…

The passing game works well if you have plenty movement off the ball and move it quick, everything we are not doing.

Passing to statues makes it so easy to play against. They say you’d rather not score and be creating chances but we are doing neither!!

We are really poor at supporting the player in possession. Constantly playing into blind alleys and leaving players with 3 and 4 of the opposition to take on. Need to get closer to one another

Said the exact same after Malmo game, we leave the player on the ball with far too much to do and don’t offer anything off the ball.

Last season's hunger has gone.

It's almost as if we've grown content with that one title win.

It's not about unbeaten seasons and defensive records, everything we were doing last year individually and collectively has went off a cliff.

I'm not watching the game. Reading what's been said on here I have not seen Roofe getting a mention. Has he made any contribution?
None whatsoever. Would be one of the first I’d take off. Luckily for him Scott Wright was on the pitch as well (I think).

It’s not very good so far. The front 3 have barely been in it and we are just so static, I know Livi are hard to break down, but we have the more creative players that should be good enough to do and it’s just not happening. Too many players running about and not contributing enough. Wright and Aribo have to got to demand the ball more in the final third. They should be looking for it all the time, the game is passing them by.

Only positive is we have players on the bench that can change things.

Gerrard needs to be having a go at them. Morelos and Roofe are not working hard enough, other forward players just poor

So it seems to be the system.... Every single time we have to go through the CBs! 7 times I counted we went forward and then back to them. It takes so long and lets Livi get sorted.

Very poor and worrying given SGs comments after the last game......

None of our players are interested…

The passing game works well if you have plenty movement off the ball and move it quick, everything we are not doing.

Passing to statues makes it so easy to play against. They say you’d rather not score and be creating chances but we are doing neither!!
Did we not create a few really good chances in the first half or am I imagining things?

When Tom is struggling to sound positive you know it's hard going

I know, how can you? We still look disjointed. Not In any trouble but we weren’t on Sunday either until we were.

God I hope we get our finger out we’ve got so much to play for this season. This won’t do, we won’t get away with playing like this for much longer.

Remember the old saying win the battle first.
Why don't we put the effort in just now rather than wait until we are one down.

Don't know what's going on in Gerrards head but this isn't working. Far too passive.

Last season's hunger has gone.

It's almost as if we've grown content with that one title win.

It's not about unbeaten seasons and defensive records, everything we were doing last year has went off a cliff.

Spot on, we are so pedestrian, the desire seems to have gone from most of our players. If this carries on we'll surrender our title meekly to that lot.

Back