MOTM Poll Rangers v Livingston - 19:45 Wednesday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought Lundstram had his best game for us today. He was unfussy, broke the play up and went about his business in the first half. Second half he came more into the game but was still breaking up play deep into the last minutes of the game. Hagi changed the way we moved the ball in the second half and that was the difference.

A much better performance tonight especially in the 2nd half. We played with a lot more purpose and pressed really well. Same again on Saturday please.

Satisfactory result. However, once again it should have been 4 or 5-0. We were much better at the start of the second half when we played with greater urgency. That seems to be key. When we are direct and attack with pace we are much more effective. Id have double drills of tight controlled passing in training, because the more confident the players are in their ability, the less cautious they will be in games.

Although he had a bit of a mixed game, wee Hagi gets my MOTM for turning the game by bringing a degree of exigency when he came on. I also thought both our fullbacks put in great shifts. I think Tav and Borna are the better players and should be the ones to start in Europe and OF games, but outside of that, i'd be tempted to let the form player keep the shirt. Finally, I thought Lundstum looked very assured in front of the defence. Hopefully he is turning the corner.

WATP!

At least Balogun will be fit and fresh for Saturday. Strolled it tonight.

Patterson, Tav, Bassey and Barišić. Tough decision for the manager to make on Saturday.

Excellent second half, defended as a team, overturned in their half and Lundstram showed great awareness in breaking up their play. Hagi is becoming the key member of our team, brings Morelos and Roofe into play. Much more like it Rangers. Need to take that second half into a ninety minute performance against Dundee and we will be set up nicely for Prague.

As much as the first half wasn’t great, Patterson could’ve scored, Bassey should’ve scored, Morelos had one cleared off the line. So even not playing great we could’ve been 3 up with better finishing. Hagi totally changed the game with his energy and skill and thought Goldson and Lundstram were the other stand outs. Liking the look of Bacuna so far and Sakala looks to be finding his feet more, his pace is frightening. Job done, on to Dundee.

If the pattern for the season is to be one bad half and one good half, can we please, at least, try to have the second half as the good one.

Lundstrum is the best player on the park if Aribo doesn’t come off for Hagi then we are watching a different game from the manager.
Explain the hilarity? Who’s a better footballer in the final third? Hagi or Aribo? Actually just keep laughing. Without a specific example give me a view as to truffle shuffle the watcher of football. What do you prefer in a team what would you not stand for. Or do you just stand on the sideline or in the stands and laugh rather than offer constructive criticism?

Much much better 2nd half, Hagi made a massive difference.
Scott Wright needs to up his game when he gets chances like tonight, he can be a god player on his day but he's not shown it the last few chancess he's had

Much better second half after a poor first 45 minutes.

On top of that - kept a clean sheet, Lundstram starting to show what he’s about, Hagi is back, two principal forwards both scored and we played some nice football. We need to build on this on Saturday.

Second half was night and day with Hagi being the spark.

Thought Goldson and Lundstram strolled it...really starting to like the look of Lundstram in that deeper position.

Livingston were awful right enough, didn't even attempt to try and win the game. Zero shots at goal the full game.

Without being too negative...but the first half was a worry and the lack of tempo we play a lot of games with is too. The front three were non existent first half.

Although he had a bit of a mixed game, wee Hagi gets my MOTM for turning the game by bringing a degree of exigency when he came on. I also thought both our fullbacks put in great shifts. I think Tav and Borna are the better players and should be the ones to start in Europe and OF games, but outside of that, i'd be tempted to let the form player keep the shirt. Finally, I thought Lundstum looked very assured in front of the defence. Hopefully he is turning the corner.

WATP!
:))

Didn't want to start a new thread but does anyone know why you're allowed to make 5 subs in the cup but only 3 in the league? Seems bizarre.

As much as the first half wasn’t great, Patterson could’ve scored, Bassey should’ve scored, Morelos had one cleared off the line. So even not playing great we could’ve been 3 up with better finishing. Hagi totally changed the game with his energy and skill and thought Goldson and Lundstram were the other stand outs. Liking the look of Bacuna so far and Sakala looks to be finding his feet more, his pace is frightening. Job done, on to Dundee.
And with a better touch Wright would have been 1 on 1

On another day we might have scored 4 first half, without really clicking. Blue tinted specs to point out we failed to convert several chances that we really should have done better with in that first half though, apparently…

well tonight, I saw the old Rangers back. From Bassey, Balogun, Goldson and Paterson. I saw determination and will. But Lundstram for me was superb. Special Praise indeed, Can understand the media likely giving him a 5 out of 10 again but cant understand the follow follow posters.

Way to go whichever admin banned the user who mentioned a certain streaming site, which doesn’t even exist anymore. It was used as a moniker, not a literal “discussion”. Uncalled for.

Pluses, Bassey, Lundstram, Patterson and Hagi are getting into the swing, but on the down side,Wright is struggling to make any progress.

I thought we were very pedestrian in the first half, but there was an all round improvement in the second.

Another test coming up against Dundee, mon the Gers, just do it.

so the clubs agreed to it in the league cup but not the league? Seems bizarre.

Five subs really helped us last night and the benefits were shown again tonight. Being able to bring on four subs tonight allows us to keep the team and the squad fresh and happy.
No it was a SPFL decision for League Cup to have 5 subs

agreed on the 2nd part

Back