MOTM Poll Rangers v Livingston - 19:45 Wednesday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn't want to start a new thread but does anyone know why you're allowed to make 5 subs in the cup but only 3 in the league? Seems bizarre.
As I posted it was left to the each League to decide not enough votes for Premiership, Championship & League 1 but 5 in League 2

League Cup - it was a SPFL decision
Scottish Cup - 3

First half wasn’t the best but we did create two or three clear cut chances. Second half was a genuinely enjoyable watch. Hagi looked brilliant until they kicked the living shit out of him(would like to see it again but that one out on the touchline looked a nailed on red card in any other league). Thought Sakala looked good in his cameo as well, especially considering he made zero impact when starting vs the same team on the opening day.

On to Hampden.

I was torn between two for my MOTM tonight.
Hagi totally transformed our game when he came on and is rightly being hailed by many but I plumped for Bassey, he was outstanding for the full 90 mins...we've certainly won a watch with this fella!

Second half was night and day with Hagi being the spark.

Thought Goldson and Lundstram strolled it...really starting to like the look of Lundstram in that deeper position.

Livingston were awful right enough, didn't even attempt to try and win the game. Zero shots at goal the full game.
I really hope the gaffer has accepted the Lundy and Davis can’t play in the same team

Just back from game. Roadworks on M74 as usual when we have a midweek game. I'm sure the cones are just put out for a laugh and there are no real roadworks.

Thought Bassey and Hagi were outstanding tonight. Goldson and Lundstram also did well.

Patterson was poor. Saw more of the ball in the first half than almost anyone and other than the first 5 minutes did nothing with it. No running at the opposition. No crosses. Passed the ball backwards every time. Wright was poor also. No surprise they were the first two hooked.

Nothing came off for Aribo but he kept trying. Kamara was steady if unspectacular. Balogun looked solid.

Roofe missed too many chances again for my liking. But at least he was in the right place to have a go.

Buff was Buff. Bored, uninterested then bang! Woke up second half (like most).

Hagi coming on made all the difference. What a talent. He needs to start every week for me.

Bacuna looked good in his cameo. I've seen him plenty down South and he is a real talent albeit a bit of a curate's egg at times. Can see him forcing his way into the team.

Decent performance tonight in the end. More and more convinced a treble is on this season.

Last edited:
Is there any way of purchasing a programme from tonight's game, paper version?

Daughters first ever game and we never picked one up on way to ground :/

Voted for Hagi as I feel his introduction gave us the spark we were missing. Notable mentions for Lundstrum, Bassey and Patterson.

Voted for Hagi as I feel his introduction gave us the spark we were missing. Notable mentions for Lundstrum, Bassey and Patterson.
All looked sharp and really given the malaise around the team over recent weeks Id start them all if fully fit.

Scott Wright - tries had but success is limited. Weekend, last night, has a lot of convincing to do.

Slow start again but the changes show if we play with just a little more speed and movement, the space and chances will come and even the blockiest of bus parkers will be overcome.

Pedestrian first half and for all but first 15 mins of second pedestrian again after the break.
Goldson and Hagi for that 15 min spell only stand outs. Sakala looked busy when he came on
Wins a win and all that but we are way short of where we need to be

Without being too negative...but the first half was a worry and the lack of tempo we play a lot of games with is too. The front three were non existent first half.

Hagi was man of the match- changed the game so much when he came on with energy, runs, dig and also those passes to make the goals.

Also credit to the manager and coaching team- they got the team lifted at half time (as he’s done quite a few teams) and we looked like a much better side.

Really happy with Lundstram last night. My motm cos he did the full 90. Otherwise it would go to Hagi The Brain. What a wonderful footballer.

Last edited:
well tonight, I saw the old Rangers back. From Bassey, Balogun, Goldson and Paterson. I saw determination and will. But Lundstram for me was superb. Special Praise indeed, Can understand the media likely giving him a 5 out of 10 again but cant understand the follow follow posters.

He played the holding role perfectly.

Shielded our central defenders and snuffed out any potential Livi danger, whilst building play from deep and constantly feeding Aribo and Kamara, as well as our full backs.

His most accomplished performance in a Rangers jersey.

Any Rangers supporters who thought he was poor simply weren't watching the game, or didn't understand his role.

Slow first half but still should have been clear with the Patterson, Bassey and Morelos chances. Hagi should easily be first name on the team sheet, he's pushed on a level.

Thought Lundstram did well, broke up play and always looked for a forward pass.

Back