MOTM Poll Rangers v Livingston - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sakala motm by a country mile tonight.

Apart from one great run just before ht I thought Lowry was pretty much anonymous. He did show towards the end but goodness knows why has so many votes.
He’s a wonderfully gifted player and will excite, but not tonight.
Nonsense. Ran the game at times. Hardly wasted a pass. Let down by the rest of the team. Tired a bit though. You need to go to Specsavers Shengus.

Apart from one great run just before ht I thought Lowry was pretty much anonymous. He did show towards the end but goodness knows why has so many votes.

PS. Not quite as anonymous as Sands. By Christ that game bypassed him.
I’d hate to hear what you thought of the rest of the squad ahaha Lowry and Sakala were the only players even interested first half.

Nonsense. Ran the game at times. Hardly wasted a pass. Let down by the rest of the team. Tired a bit though. You need to go to Specsavers Shengus.
He lost possession far too easily at times.
I don't know how you failed to see it.

There's a lot of sugar coating in here because he's a young kid.
A very talented young kid, but anyone who thinks he was superior to Sakala tonight are the ones needing a wee visit to specsavers.

Impressed by Lowry but Sakala edges MOTM for me. Tireless running and effort and caused Livi a lot of problems.

Brutal weather which matched the performance as we were rotten. Delighted with the 3 points but too many players fell well short of whats is required.

Hoping that Jack and Arfield stay fit.

Not convinced at all by Itten and Wright and that is not just based on tonights performance.

He lost possession far too easily at times.
I don't know how you failed to see it.

There's a lot of sugar coating in here because he's a young kid.
A very talented young kid, but anyone who thinks he was superior to Sakala tonight are the ones needing a wee visit to specsavers.
The young lad Lowry was very good tonight. He looked far more assured than he was against Stirling where I thought he was a bit nervy.

Some of his passing, beating of players and balls into dangerous positions were excellent. Sure he got caught once or twice but no harm was done. No player plays a flawless game of football.

The young man needs all the support in the world. I gave him mom over Sakala due to the game time that Sakala has on him and his end product needs improved (just like Alfie’s early days to an extent).

This young fella could be a gem.

Brutal weather which matched the performance as we were rotten. Delighted with the 3 points but too many players fell well short of whats is required.

Hoping that Jack and Arfield stay fit.

Not convinced at all by Itten and Wright and that is not just based on tonights performance.
Wright was shocking tonight. He’s went way down in my estimations after that performance.

His decision making and lack of awareness is dreadful and is largely a bit of a one trick pony. I thought he had something, to me he’s now like Itten, not good enough.

We need to move him on as he’s not what we need even as a squad player.

Itten is too slow, too weak to play in the middle on his own.I’m going to give the poor performance on the weather.
Still made enough chances throughout the game.

I don’t understand how people remain calm, honestly thought I was having a mental breakdown during that game

3 points is all that matters but by god we need to improve drastically
The one where Wright tamely hit the ball 8 yards wide from about 6 yards out I thought I was going to have an aneurysm. My son was laughing at how ridiculously bad it was and I was effing and blinding for at least a full minute. Even my wife was laughing at how irate I was. I hope never to see Wright in a rangers jersey again after that performance tonight. And Itten as well for that matter, a big fuckin dumplin. A poor man's Martin Henderson, an even poorer man's Billy Urquhart for all the older bears.

An important 3 points but a very poor performance albeit a few gems missing.
We need to up our game for the Chamber of Secrets next week I think we will.
Fashion was a danger for us tonight and Lowry was tidy.
Time is up for Itten & Wright.

Thought the team showed great character tonight in awful conditions, against a stubborn team (who drew at the piggery remember). We were missing our 3 best offensive players. Sakala, Kamara and Lowry were superb. Big players coming back from injury. I will concede - Itten and Wright are late subs at best. Very important night - we won’t have as weak a first 11 again this season.

Think tonight we can finally put to bed the whole "itten and wright just need a run of games" tripe. Squad players at the very most and im being generous. Try hard and give there all but this season with whats on the line we have no room for sentiment.

Govan_Guy said:
Sakala was very poor tonight, no idea how he got MOM. I love his energy and enthusiasm but his end product is generally not good.

Shengus Malengus said:

PS. Not quite as anonymous as Sands. By Christ that game bypassed him.

2 posts literally one after the other. Got to love the madness that is FF

Sakala was very poor tonight, no idea how he got MOM. I love his energy and enthusiasm but his end product is generally not good.
I'm only in an hour and a bit ago from the match and thought I'd pop into the matchday thread to post my MOTM vote and I've only read this page and lo and behold I see this!
I know the matchday thread can get a bit surreal at times but ffs!
He was easily the MOTM by a country mile...what game were you watching?

Given the horrendous conditions and win bagged I cannot knock anything Rangers did last night. Job done under ridiculous circs.

For Scotty's goal, you have to say were that scored by a high profile player itd be all over the Football MSM today. The vision, touch control and ambition to try it were absolutely World Class.

a dreadful game with one touch of class from arfield but
a midweek game on a terrible night in january and we win,
these games win leagues.

Motm has to be Scotty for that piece of brilliance to secure all 3 points. Itten’s first touch truly lets him down. Wright tried on the night but couldn’t pull it off. Sakala was decent, but should have nailed it first half. Lowry nice touches, confident, will improve. Sands. Took me 30 mins to realise he was on the pitch. Not acceptable. Arfield, Jack & Roofe made the difference. Overall, a ragged performance with half the team missing, but ultimately, another huge 3 pts when we are under par. I try to be positive.

Wright was shocking tonight. He’s went way down in my estimations after that performance.

His decision making and lack of awareness is dreadful and is largely a bit of a one trick pony. I thought he had something, to me he’s now like Itten, not good enough.

We need to move him on as he’s not what we need even as a squad player.
Itten and Wright not good enough need to move them on !

An important 3 points but a very poor performance albeit a few gems missing.
We need to up our game for the Chamber of Secrets next week I think we will.
Fashion was a danger for us tonight and Lowry was tidy.
Time is up for Itten & Wright.
I would have told them after the game you will never wear a ranger’s jersey again.get your agents on the phone you’s are finished. Itten and Wright dumplings.

Massive 3 points on what was a tough night. Personally would have made the first 2 changes at half time.

Positives - Lowry and Sakala showing promise and the return of Arfield, Jack and Roofe. Adding Kent and Aribo to the list at the weekend and we are looking stronger.

Well done Rangers
Gio great substitute s and fantastic winning goal
Now for a stiff drink
My thoughts as well. A tough watch and I can't help thinking that we were crying out for Defoe with the number of times the ball went across their six yard box. We need a penalty box predator to end our great moves. Someone like Jimmy Greaves would be great, but take the 3 points and move on.

thoughts on last nights team

McGregor - little to do but did it well

Tav was fine, got forward well, Goldson was solid as per usual and Bassey played well too - Borna was the pick of the back line tho - playing like we know he can

Kamara and Sands were effective in their roles
Lowry had a couple of "inexperience" moments but those were dwarfed by terrific skill & vision

Sakala was immense - full of running and caused havoc
only issue was trying to find the space for a shot meant he often missed the chance to get one away
Wright is never a starter
Itten was awful - immobile, didn't hold it up well and missed a few very good chances

of the subs
Arfield was his usual bustling self and what a tremendous finish for the goal
Roofe still not quite sharp enough but will get there
Jack played well for his part of the game

Seen a couple giving Sands pass marks again last night. Maybe it's just me, but having watched him now against both Aberdeen and Livi, I haven't seen much other than an athletic looking trier with limited technical ability.

If you're competing with the likes of Kamara, Davis, Aribo, Arfield and Jack for a slot in the middle of the park, then you need to be good on the ball. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but I don't get overly confident vibes watching him.

And yes, it's only been three games yada, yada, yada.

Thoughts?

Pretty boring watch last night but first the positives in my eyes:
1. We won against an opposition determined to sit in and frustrate on an absolutely stinking Wednesday night in Glasgow
2. Lowry looks the real deal at first team level
3. Fashion, when he learns to hit the target, will be lethal
4. We're still shy a few quality players through injury etc; Aribo, Morelos, Helander, Kent, Jack, Hagi
5. Arfield's finish was top notch.

Lows for me - Itten will not be a good player for Rangers. He is too slow and for me, a total passenger up front. We'd have to change our system a lot to suit his style.
I'm not sure Gio has a plan B (yet) for when things aren't working. Our goal was individual brilliance rather than a change in tactic or managerial inspiration imo. But I've got confidence things will get better.

And but for Hearts absolutely wetting the bed against the scum we'd be 6 ahead. No fear over next Wednesday's game.

Only saw the highlights on RTV late last night....why did we not have a man at the far post when we attacked.....Defoe or Alfie wouldve been there.

Just happy to survive Father Robertson - he's slightly better than Clancy who doesn't give two hoots what TV recordings reveal.

He KNOWS his friends at the Rogue SFA will protect him!

Bit harsh mate on a horrible night I still think he was excellent against a well organised Livi side.
I was talking to my son about it as both the friend I go to the game with and myself were really frustrated at Sakala both on Friday and tonight and were stunned with the MOTM award. My son pointed out he is right footed playing on the left wing so does have the tendency to cut inside. Gio mentioned the extra touch he always wants and that's what I saw as well. So on reflection poor was far too harsh but still not sure MOM was justified.

Credit to the team for winning the battle,never seen a goal coming but in the end it was a welcome three points.

Sakala was man of the match closely followed by the young lad Lowry.

Hope we don’t wear the purple tops tomorrow.
Hope Joe hits another lovely curler.
Excited to see Ryan Kent, Joe Aribo and Amad Diallo playing together. Once Alfie joins that looks a formidable front line if our new winger can hit the ground running.

Back