Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
ndHCkKX.png

NOT AVAILABLE ON RANGERSTV

No easy games at this level, but home advantage, battle fever from the crowd, and the gaffer’s European pedigree = a 2-1 win

Strange one this as I think this is a bit of a free hit.

I'd be more concerned about recent form / injuries if this was Brondby or Sparta Prague tomorrow night.

We expect Lyon to win the group but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be aiming for a win tomorrow night.

Lyon were champions league semi finalists the season before last, knocking out Manchester City. How many of that team are still at the club?

Huge test for us if we were at full strength and playing well, and neither of them are the case.

This is the level of opposition in the past where Gerrard would have played all 3 of Davis, Kamara and Jack in the middle and look to dominate the ball. I wonder if he would play both Aribo and Roofe in a game like this, making me think he might go with

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Balogun
Barisic

Davis
Kamara
Lundstram or Arfield

Aribo or Roofe
Kent

Morelos

Perhaps the most crucial game of the 6. If we win, the campaign takes off like a rocket, if we lose its going pear shaped before its gone anywhere.

I believe Rangers have a good chance of winning despite being underdogs.

2-0 Lyon. Call me mr. Negativity all you like. Being realistic. We are just coping domestically and not really out the bit. No way will we get a result from this match.

We were very solid against St. Johnstone, and retained our shape throughout, which we have been doing as the season has gone on, as we find our feet; we will will need to keep this very strong aspect of game continuing if we're to have any chance of getting anything tomorrow night. We also need to take our chances when they come, and hopefully we play on the front foot as well; our success in Europe has come about when we've done that, whilst being disciplined in our shape.

Everytime we start a European group stage at home, we've won so guaranteed win tomorrow. Looking back I don't we actually have lost an opening game of a group stage in the last 20 years anyway.

2-0

Why is the RTV page showing as having the game?
They don’t have the game, either in UK or overseas, despite it being on their Home page. Click on Subscribe and it’s not offered to buy. They do not have the media rights to show the match. Same as every other year from the group stages onwards.

Back