Rangers v Marseille match thread RTV only

this marseille team are pretty much the same team that pumped toulouse 5-2 with celtcs new cb playing for them. we didnt even have our best 11 on the pitch and we smashed them.

I don't even think he got challenged. He did a double shuffle I thought and hurt himself. Agreed it was nothing to do with the astro turf. He was three feet away from that.

It happened when he put his foot onto the astroturf, anybody that is saying otherwise obviously didn’t have as good a view as they think. It was quite clear on the Rangers TV coverage.

The injury to the French guy happened right in front of me in the EE. Nothing to do with the pitch or the astro turf, guy went done under a challenge and whatever got hurt caused him to go down, No blame to out player either
He
Happened right in front of me aswell. Was clearly on the pitch and looked like he went over on his ankle more than the challenge.
Cleary seen he stuck his foot into the ground, no challenge the replay showed it a few times.

I thought Jones looked excellent defensively today. He was always back covering and made a couple of good interceptions. He looks to me the ideal player for Europe.

Barisic was good as well.

Complete dominance from start to finish.

Some top notch goals and individual performances. Passages of play at times were impressive.

We look organised, disciplined, strong, hungry, quick, skillful, slick, devastating going forward.

Another positive game under our belt and the home top is a thing of beauty in the sun.

Big Aribo and Jones for me were outstanding. Aribo is boss.

If Jordan Jones stays fit then I'm expecting big things from him never mind the gaffer and fellow fans. Aribo looks the part.

Aribo and Davis were absolutely brilliant. In fact, I'll throw Jack in there too

Only pre season, but I'll take a 4-0 victory over Marseille every day of the week.

All good signs

Was trying to think off the top of my head , has Marseille ever beating us?

What a performance, u will be lucky to see a better goal than DC's second this season, world class.

WATP

Absolutely outstanding from Rangers however they didn't seem to have the same hunger they appeared to be just going through the motions whilst we were busting guts charging players down all over the park.

I will say this though, i honestly thing 55 is commig home this season

Excellent performance from start to finish and every player for me made an impression. I don't want to get too carried away but I'm buzzing for the league season to start now.

Was trying to think off the top of my head , has Marseille ever beating us?

What a performance, u will be lucky to see a better goal than DC's second this season, world class.

WATP

Could be wrong but I think we played then in a pre season friendly the same year we played them in the CLeague. Did Basil Boli not play for them at the time?

Anyway they were brilliant that day and easy beat us.

Could be wrong but I think we played then in a pre season friendly the same year we played them in the CLeague. Did Basil Boli not play for them at the time?

What a team they had. It was oozing with world class players and corrupt cheating bassas for directors.

Ooft looks a sore one.

Its not unusual for clubs to have astro adjacent to the pitch but I think just an extra foot of grass beyond the touchline rather than a couple of inches would be much, much better. Imagine if that had happened to one of our players? Morelos perhaps, or Kent if he returns. Its frightening.

I stand corrected mate. He was off balance at that point I'm sure after seeming to stumble, but the astro looks like it has caused the injury.

I watched it a few times on RangersTV and concluded it was the astro/joint but the froggie coverage seems to have 'nailed' it.

I hope Thauvin isn't badly injured - not the sort of story coming we want out of our Club. My guess is it's too late for Rangers to do anything to address this issue now - will probably have to wait until the next relaying of the pitch.

EDIT: Actually, thinking about it - an easy 'fix' for this problem could be simply taking the sidelines in a foot and narrowing the pitch (as per Souness). Far from ideal with our style of play but would mitigate the chance of this happening to one of our own.

Last edited:

Yes - but the score was only 2-1 to them

1-2 Friendly
2-2 CL
1-1 CL (Velodrome)
4-0

We're winning on goal difference!

There should be a larger grass area the other side of the line rather than straight to Astro, it’s obviously dangerous and look stupid.

Back