Match Thread Rangers v Motherwell - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
rBwLJrv.png

>>CLICK HERE FOR HELP WITH RANGERSTV<<

DISCUSSION OF ILEGAL LINKS WILL RESULT IN A BAN

Remember how you felt before Hearts and the buzz around Ibrox? We need all that and more.
Ten cup finals.

These are the matches we live for.

Top of the league, Ibrox, Saturday 3pm, an opportunity to take another step towards the title.

If you’re not up for it today, you’ll never be.

We Are Rangers.

Win.

A win of any kind, but preferably a rout

Butland

Tavernier
Goldson
Souttar
Yilmaz

Lundstram

Lawrence
Diomande

McCausland
Dessers
Silva

Team I'd like to see

Butland
Tav Goldson Balogun Yilmaz
Lundstram Diomande
Sterling Lawrence Wright
Dessers

Roofe hopefully to get the last half hour when we're 3 or 4 up

Every challenge along the way,
With courage I will face!
I will battle every day,
To claim my rightful place!

Come with me, the time is right,
There's no better team!
Arm in arm, we'll win the fight,
It's always been our dream!

Philclement!
Gotta beat em' all!

Who are we wanting LW today?

They’ll like be up against SOD and McGinn on the right side of the Motherwell defence so I’d be opting for speed and trickery.

McCausland to start seems the logical choice.

No let up today lads. Attack from the first whistle to the last. Just do it. 3 nil the Bears. C'MON THE RANGERS!!!!!

3-0 Rangers, I think we will see some rotation today!

Butland

Tav Goldson Balogun Ridvan

Lundstrum Raskin

Sterling Silva McCausland

Dessers

Diomonde + Lawrence off the bench... think Jack, Roofe and Lovelace will all be on the bench.

Nigerian Nightmare hat trick today please. Another stress free Saturday win to heap all the pressure onto them at tynecastle tomorrow.

Said it yesterday, Motherwell probably won’t have a go, they will sit in, so I reckon a very comfortable, but dull, 2-0 win with Butland a virtual spectator

In theory this is the ‘easiest’ of the next 5 matches. So might be the one Big Phil makes the most changes.

It’s not what I’d do but it’s not beyond possibility that he goes with Balogun, Barisic, Raskin and Wright. If you follow Phil’s mantra about everybody needing game time to be ready ‘at all times’ then it’s a possibility. His comments about Lawrence - confirmed he was in the squad and then talked about managing minutes for players returning from injury - might indicate he won’t start. And I don’t see us starting with both Dessers and Silva until we have a bit more reliable forward cover.

Just as the games, and their importance, start to ramp up it feels like our injuries are as well.:(

So, I reckon a bit if a slog today. I initially thought 2-0 win but after the Press Conference, I’m thinking a nervy 2-1 win.

Hopefully three up in the first half an hour to blow my cautious forecast out the water LOL.:))

Last edited:
Repeat of last Saturday would be welcome given my blood pressure has just about gone down after Wednesday night.

Regardless I’ll take 3 points and putting the pressure on them ahead of a tricky game tomorrow please.

3 points is a must. Keep the pressure on the unwashed and they'll crumble. Come on Rangers! Do the job, 3 points, come home

Could be a tricky one. Need to on it from the start. Nightmare flashbacks to 2 years ago, under Gio, when we let a 2-0 lead slip (albeit with a couple of dodgy linesmen calls going against us). Proved to be a pivotal result.

We're a different beast now, there won't be any complacency under Clement.

2-0, Dressers and Tav to score.

The Clement effect: We are playing good football, we are winning games, we are top of the league.
Waking up on a Saturday and genuinely excited that there is a game today.

It's a great time to be a Bear!

4-1 Rangers.

Would be good to get an early start again. 3 points is the objective, but a few goals wouldn't hurt overall as well.

Really hope Soutar isn’t rested. Big guy is playing very well so I’d like to see us keep rolling with him
SJB
Tav
Goldson
Soutar
Ridvan

Lundstrum
Diomande
Raskin

McCausland
Silva
Wright

Sterling to come on for our first inevitable injury.
Lovelace to get some minutes

3-0 Rangers, I think we will see some rotation today!

Butland

Tav Goldson Balogun Ridvan

Lundstrum Raskin

Sterling Silva McCausland

Dessers

Diomonde + Lawrence off the bench... think Jack, Roofe and Lovelace will all be on the bench.
Oh aye, Where's jacko been

He's been fit right?

In yesterday’s press conference Clement said he has just been training again this week so he must have been injured
That one flew under the radar no?

Him and Lawrence were sort of starting turn about in the squad. And then he just disappeared without any real comment that I remember

I think the manager has rotated the squad brilliantly but we’re at the point with injuries when the changes we are talking about - Barisic, Wright and Raskin (sorry) - weaken us too much.

Three points today is non negotiable, so while I can see a case for Jack or Balogun, I’d be keeping as strong a team as we can manage on the pitch until we’ve gotten to a winning position.

The injuries to Cantwell and Cortes on top of the others are a real stinger.

That one flew under the radar no?

Him and Lawrence were sort of starting turn about in the squad. And then he just disappeared without any real comment that I remember
Yeah I think it did, I just read quotes from his presser this morning and he definitely said , “Kemar Roofe is back in the squad as it’s a normal pitch, and Ryan Jack also trained the last couple of days, so he is in contention “

Back