MOTM Poll Rangers v Motherwell - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How gullible were we for the last 20 mins? Gave away foul after foul clearly playing straight into their hands to disrupt and kill time.

No clinical enough in final third when i seen us wasting chance after chance i had a bad feeling they'd nick something.

once they scored we never got back to what we were doing before it.

We just don't look like scoring from open play and it is really concerning.

It's going to be a long hard season if we don't get going here.
I didn't see the Roofe chance after the break (away for a Bruce) but after that in the second half I never saw one chance. Not one clear cut chance. Aribo, hitting off Alfie was a half chance, and it would have been called off for offside. Davis' wasteful ball, meant that attack was never a chance anyway.

Not one clear cut chance in that second 45 I can recall.

Not acceptable.

I didn't see the Roofe chance after the break (away for a Bruce) but after that in the second half I never saw one chance. Not one clear cut chance. Aribo, hitting off Alfie was a half chance, and it would have been called off for offside. Davis' wasteful ball, meant that attack was never a chance anyway.

Not one clear cut chance in that second 45 I can recall.

Not acceptable.
Yeah we just don't look like scoring from open play and it is a real worry.

Something needs to change and the management have a job to sort it.

The disruptions from covid and injuries really aren't helping (not an excuse tho)

Chelsea is my second team and having watched the game and saw the difference in the second half it was later when Tucel gave his interview he made it clear he would not stand for a lack of energy.
This is all that we need. Energy and a work rate better that the opposition.
We have plenty of skill which is not being used due to the slow pace of some defenders and the midfield. SG really needs to get them moving or bring in others from the squad.
We need to play fast attacking football against the likes of Motherwell. Teams find it too easy to defend as they have plenty of time to pack their area and mark our players.
Up the tempo and the league is ours.
In the SPFL we only need to equal the opposition work rate, we have far better players then the rest. Watch Livingston, they'll outwork us.

In the SPFL we only need to equal the opposition work rate, we have far better players then the rest. Watch Livingston, they'll outwork us.
Agree, and we don't seem to press teams as high up the pitch as much as last season. We always drop back to the half way line, very negative compared to last season

Another below par performance in what's been a poor start to the season, good job the filth aren't starting well also.

Not good enough at present, needs to be miles better on many levels.

I've read stuff on here about how we dominated Motherwell and should have won out the park.

I've just watched, albeit highlights on MOTD, of Chelsea demolishing Spurs. Now that's the definition of controlling a game and making chances. They steamrollered them.

No way did we dominate that game today like some would have us believe. As for making chances, real chances? Gimme peace.

Once again, a very worrying display today and the less said about the defence the better.

Played well for the 1st 3/4's of the game, disappointed in our final quarter performance, seemed to lose our method. We should have won this game comfortably but namby pamby with our shooting. Ah well, Livi did us a favour so we gain a point over our probably nearest rivals. We sorely miss Alfredo Morelos, he is the man that glues our team together, hopefully he is available for our next match.

Too much tippy tappy pish round abt the box n no one wanting to take responsibility
Exactly, Aribo was bloody aweful around the box. He has moments of brilliance but his wayward slow pace passes drove me batshit crazy today. Davis was............I don't know what to make of this team other than to say they are not attacking in the final third with confidence.

Watch the players lack of movement after passing the ball off when they are near the box. They should be passing and moving, at least take the defence with you to open up space for your own players. They just stand like stookies. It was a frustrating watch again.
One goal against a shite team, a set piece at that, and terrible defending on their goal.

And once again predictable crosses that were easily cleared or punted off target.

I am out here in Victoria BC and well away from my home in Ontario however, the greeting faced supporters on FF make it feel like home.If you can’t say anything good about the Rangers please give your fingers a rest.
Are you one of those, "Everybody gets a trophy guys"?

Why are we consistently trying to walk the ball into the net? We don't seem to be able to hit anybody on the break or take a man on. It really is poor.
Davis had the perfect opportunity to take a shot from 7 yards out by cutting to his left and shooting, instead he makes a useless pass (to his right) that the defender knew was coming anyway, ball goes out.

Let’s face it, had we sneaked a goal at the end we’d just be laughing at the tims tonight with no concerns.

I think we’re not a million miles off it but still can’t hit the heights we know we can yet.

The most frustrating and inexplicable performance witness by a Rangers side in a long, long time.

Too many players out of sorts at the same time, too many look less than 100% fit and generally the malaise around how we execute in the final 3rd in incredibly poor.

Fashion looked lively, especially first half, and took his goal really well. Hes alert and plays with a lot of awareness, hes going to score goals if we play him. The other two forwards were not at the races at all, Wright literally so when he often dropped so deep to try and get involved. Great to see the enthusiasm to contribute but know your role and do your job otherwise its not helping. Roofe missed a great chance to kill the game and generally looked like hed miss a barn door.

Fullbacks look like theyre both running on close to empty at time, we really need to give Bassey and NP their chances now. Each of them possesses the very qualities we and specifically our defensive attacks are missing.

Bench was wafer thin with options. Arfield looks unable to be the dynamic impact player he has been for us since arriving. Hes great on his day but that day has passed and its now debatable whether the levels he can reach are actually good enough to even be a useful squad player.

Morelos coming on clearly not fit and lumbering around was the last desperate roll of the dice that was never going to fall.

Motherwell were as organised as they were drilled at wasting time. A masterclass in burning the clock perhaps but the lack of professionalism while doing it repeatedly and excessively was shocking. In any other League in any other country it wouldve been dealt with and nipped in the bud. Welcome to Scotland.

MOTM Fashion for his effort but it was slim pickings really for the award as the team generally were bloody awful.

The dark arts and histrionics from Motherwell were as bad as anything I've ever seen in Europe btw. You have to admire just how blatant it was. Referee was just far too weak to deal with it.

I hope the gaffer watched the Chelsea game yesterday. Thomas Tuchel recognised at half time that things weren't going Chelsea's way, made a sub and changed the system which totally changed the game. Fair enough we don't have subs like Kante to bring on, but SG is too slow to make changes when everyone can see the game is slipping from us.

Last edited:
How gullible were we for the last 20 mins? Gave away foul after foul clearly playing straight into their hands to disrupt and kill time.
What the vast majority were saying. Murderwell were playing for every foul. Backing in, trying to draw challenges and going down at every opportunity. We just weren’t clever enough.

Just watched the highlights on RTV and the amount of chances we missed. At the game it didn't look much and very tame shots. From the GR i thought when Aribo hit it there was a chance, but on the highlights their keeper might have had it covered.

We need to start converting these chances.

Just seen the highlights. Why is no one picking up the man in the middle and why does Simpson leave about 15 yards of space between him and Goldson for the M'Well player to run in into? I thought it was bad from my view but what an utterly shite goal to lose. If Simpson is still here after January I'll be amazed. An unbelievably bad centre half.

Just seen the highlights. Why is no one picking up the man in the middle and why does Simpson leave about 15 yards of space between him and Goldson for the M'Well player to run in into? I thought it was bad from my view but what an utterly shite goal to lose. If Simpson is still here after January I'll be amazed. An unbelievably bad centre half.
If you get the chance, Neil McCann gives a great dissection of their goal.

Back