MOTM Poll Rangers v Motherwell - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We've played 3 different GKs and 8 different defenders this season and never looked remotely comfortable with any back 5 pairing. Simpson does look the weakest of them all but his place in the squad have him as the weakest anyway. Our soft belly is down to far more than Jack Simpson
Maybe so but edmondson and Katic were moved on and Simpson kept 4th place. Sorry but I would rather play our youth centre half. Apart from being a free transfer what are his strengths?

Make no mistake. That garbage today has given the filth their biggest get out of jail card since Oct 2011, when they came back from 3-0 down at Kilmarnock to draw and we fcuked up at Ibrox v St Mirren in the last minute. Those two games saved Lennon's bacon.

Apart from today, add in Tannadice and we really need to start looking seriously at the flaws within. This side ain't turning, or re-turning the corner.

The lack of craft and guile, that wee spark is bewildering. However October beckons and there is patience and then there is negligence.

The ball gets passed quickly from defence to Davis and/or Kamara and more often than not, the ball goes back.

The lack of invention is going to kill us, as it did today.

Just back home. Turgid. Reactive or passive. Wright & Sakala pass marks. The rest don't deserve a mention. SG has a big job to get us the £30m for automatic CL qualification

Sakala too. What a waste of space. A talentless waste of space.

Can't control the ball, and as for that second half effort at goal - I mean FFS, if you can't hit the target, the fucking huge gaping target, from that beautifully laid on position with that amount of space and time, then you are not fit to play for Rangers.

Let's admit it, Sakala is a bad project gone catastrophically wrong.
Jeez man. That was Sakala's best effort for us so far.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Our squad is massive compared to all but the Scums.
Injuries, suspensions and now Covid are part and parcel of football.

We are playing shite football, look a pale shadow of last season's title winners - I genuinely wouldn't bet my house on this lot retaining the title, the hunger and desire has gone - new faces were need to strengthen the starting 11 but unfortunately it seems CL failure and the inability to get decent bids for our players put paid to that.
It may be an excuse, but it’s also a fact. But I accept your point as well

Make no mistake. That garbage today has given the filth their biggest get out of jail card since Oct 2011, when they came back from 3-0 down at Kilmarnock to draw and we fcuked up at Ibrox v St Mirren in the last minute. Those two games saved Lennon's bacon.

Apart from today, add in Tannadice and we really need to start looking seriously at the flaws within. This side ain't turning, or re-turning the corner.

The lack of craft and guile, that wee spark is bewildering. However October beckons and there is patience and then there is negligence.

The ball gets passed quickly from defence to Davis and/or Kamara and more often than not, the ball goes back.

The lack of invention is going to kill us, as it did today.
Spot on.

The comments re St Mirren game in 2011 echoes exactly what I was thinking.

We missed a massive opportunity today.

Bit sloppy today and its cost us two points. Especially frustrating in light of Celtic slip-up. That said, at least no damage done and we are that tiny bit further in front of them.

Continue to play like we have so far and we will drop serious points, I'd imagine defeats await at Tynecastle, Easter Rd, Pittodrie and Scum unless we buck up our ideas. However every game is a worry just now, a bouyant Livi on Wednesday is no gimme.

Game should have been over In the first half, too much trippy tappy powder puff football. Sakala and Aribo were best imo. Good to see Bacuna get minutes but he looked rusty to say the least

Today may just come to be the story of our season . We've heard so many sound bites after poor displays, the players are aware but seem either incapable of improving or simply going through the motions , either way it's not good enough and I think Gerrard should take some of the blame .

Good first half, poor second. If we'd taken our chances before their goal the game would have been won. I liked our interplay in the first half but we often seemed to crowd ourselves out especially when they defend their box with so many players.

Second half we tired and lost that zip we had. We probably should have made our changes earlier when we started to dip.

Every player seems to have their own thread on the board now but it was collective for me.

Not a disaster but a huge wasted opportunity.

No man of the match today. All were well below average, Sakala and Simpson were headless chicken material and our incessant need to over-pass the ball and try to walk it into the net makes me sick.

We clearly need to be practicing shooting at training as there is zero evidence to suggest we have any skill in that department. The amount of weak, girly little shots, sclaffs and strikes off target was incredible.

Not beating a garbage team of time wasters who celebrate a draw at the final whistle is ridiculous. Especially on a weekend where our closest rivals have either drawn or lost!

SG and his staff need to have a long hard word with themselves too, leaving the substitutions so late when we were screaming out for changes was poor game management.

Balogun should have played today puzzling why he didn’t.

Probably carrying a knock or just fatigued from Thursday.

Not much point in having a squad if we don't use it.

Could probably argue that Kent is out for a few weeks now because we didn't rotate him out when he was carrying and injury already and we've ended up making it worse.

Not much can be done if Balogun isn't fit enough to start.
Gerrard can't exactly come out and reveal the team line up too early just so that fans will react less aggressively when they see someone missing from the starting 11.

We take our chances in the first half and there's no conversation on here right now other than how the league is already over in September.

Today sums up this season. Far too predictable, not clinical and always look like we will concede. It's been self-evident from pre season when we are told we are being panty wetters when in truth stevie wonder could see the problems in the team.

Assume Balogun was injured today as I cannot fathom why you would play Simpson instead.

We are going to see more dropped points like today at Ibrox and even next week we will struggle because we simply aint playing at a level that will see games being won comfortably. There are far too many players under performing and none playing at the level they did last season.

A wide open league this season.thank God Livingston won which was the only plus today.

Last edited:
Simpson isn’t rangers class can we not call Katic back as he is far superior to him
He reminds me a bit of Danny Wilson. Likes to play with the ball but not so keen on the physical side and don't remember him ever putting in a crunching tackle. We can criticise katic all day and i know he's not perfect but there's no way that Motherwell forward reaches the penalty box if that's Katic instead of Simpson, well not with the ball anyway.

Continue to play like we have so far and we will drop serious points, I'd imagine defeats await at Tynecastle, Easter Rd, Pittodrie and Scum unless we buck up our ideas. However every game is a worry just now, a bouyant Livi on Wednesday is no gimme.
Unfortunately I agree, need to be much more clinical to retain our title. All well and good in build up but in and around the box we are lacking guile and ruthlessness

Not, great.

Personally, I'm delighted to gain a point on them after that.

Better performance on Wednesday, please.

On a side note, 3 more sleeps until we are back at Ibrox.

That 2nd 45mins was as bad i’ve seen for quite sometime.Poor decision making all round and too slow from back to front.There can no be excuses dropping points at Ibrox to this shower of f ucking pish.

Bad decision making in the final third. No fire in the belly of some and I'll say it once again 'til I'm blue in the face Tavernier ain't a captain in my book. Superb player but doesn't seem to inspire others around him.

Pass down the touch line. Pass up the touchline. Pass to the middle. Pass back to the touch line. Cross gets blocked or baw lands in Fife. Repeat. Proper aids riddled football

For what its worth I honestly think this Motherwell side will give other teams problems including the mhanks. They are hard to break down and we'll organised but we really should have put the game to bed in the first half.

Utterly frustrating today, I want to see a juggernaut of a Rangers team that wipes all before them but what we have is a team that lacks the out and out swagger required unfortunately, they seem to lack the self confidence that winning trophies brings. First half today there was glimpses of what could be but much like midweek against Lyon we are failing to put opportunities away and it’s costing, big time,

If that's his best, God help us.
I didn't say that it was his best but it was his best so far. You should be encouraged that he might be on the up.

He did get our goal and made other contributions. If all you can do is be negative then I'll leave you to wallow in it.

It’s certainly a saving grace.

But one cannot ignore the concerns. A better Celtic team than this and we’d be playing catch up already.

We’ve only dropped 1 point more than last season’s august/September. But against much weaker teams.

There’s a palpable sense of regression and whilst the mentally challengeds can’t buy a win away, their fixtures have been much harder.

We haven’t played anyone likely for threaten the top 6 yet, other than them. If you told me Celtic would lose their first 3 away games and we’d only be 4 points clear, I’d be disappointed
And Motherwell. Oh, and Dundee United. So that's only 3 of the top 6 we've played. With that accuracy you should be working for the DR.

And Motherwell. Oh, and Dundee United. So that's only 3 of the top 6 we've played. With that accuracy you should be working for the DR.

Not sure what you’re getting at. Neither were top 6 last season and I don’t think they will be this season.

Not sure if you’re trying to say Dundee United away and motherwell at home are hard games.

Sakala too. What a waste of space. A talentless waste of space.

Can't control the ball, and as for that second half effort at goal - I mean FFS, if you can't hit the target, the fucking huge gaping target, from that beautifully laid on position with that amount of space and time, then you are not fit to play for Rangers.

Let's admit it, Sakala is a bad project gone catastrophically wrong.
Whatever cleaning fluid you've been drinking, I'll have a pint please.

Sakala was one of the best on the pitch today (given he can't really be match fit)

I thought Aribo also did well. Most of the rest were average., except...

Simpson........who is a pub player. That would maybe be fine if he didn't think he was Beckenbauer.

Mind you the drink in the sponsor's lounge must have been strong stuff today if Kamara got m.o.m. Although to be fair he gets that some weeks when he's not even playing.

It doesn't all fall on him but Roofes miss at the start of the 2nd half set the tone for the rest of the game. When are we going to learn that teams like Motherwell are going to bust a gut against us?
Cup finals for every team in Scotland, including the crash barriers. Our staff, players etc should have this drummed into them. When you get your head round this, you know what's required.

Not sure what you’re getting at. Neither were top 6 last season and I don’t think they will be this season.

Not sure if you’re trying to say Dundee United away and motherwell at home are hard games.
they're top 6 right now mate. that's what I'm getting at.

Livingston were top 6 last season and were bottom before today - are they a hard game? are Aberdeen? - everybody's beating them. Hearts were in the championship last season

so who are these hard games you're referring to? Hibs. Is that it?

Rangers without Helander,Hagi,Kent and Morelos starting in drop pts shocker,a bit of calm is needed.Unless they sack Ange this league was won the day he was appointed.

We all know our players are capable of a lot better than they've been so far this season
That adds to the frustration
But it also gives me some hope going forward

I know we've had injury, covid & suspension problems affecting selection - & just as SG's already said that's had an unsettling influence on the team's performances
However more injuries are mounting up now - which means we need everyone left to up their game, play to their strengths & fight a lot harder than they have so far

I believe this is as much a motivational issue as it is anything else
& today's game proved that to me

Motherwell's hard work & determination helped steal 2 points off us today
It had nothing to do with ours or theirs ability IMO

The main point to me is - we allowed them to take something they didn't deserve from this game

Thought we were fine going forward until they scored, aside from being very wasteful(admittedly a big issue). After they scored they reverted to ultimate scumbag mode and we never dealt with it at all. That has to be on us IMO. Defensively, very concerning all day. Simpson is dreadful and I have real concerns about the amount of games we are going to be seeing him in until Fil is back.

No clinical enough in final third when i seen us wasting chance after chance i had a bad feeling they'd nick something.

once they scored we never got back to what we were doing before it.

We just don't look like scoring from open play and it is really concerning.

It's going to be a long hard season if we don't get going here.

1st half can’t complain, as good as we have been so far which is encouraging. Should hav been out of sight. Faded badly after the break. Had we got 2nd goal in 1st half would have been a walk in park.

Chelsea is my second team and having watched the game and saw the difference in the second half it was later when Tucel gave his interview he made it clear he would not stand for a lack of energy.
This is all that we need. Energy and a work rate better that the opposition.
We have plenty of skill which is not being used due to the slow pace of some defenders and the midfield. SG really needs to get them moving or bring in others from the squad.
We need to play fast attacking football against the likes of Motherwell. Teams find it too easy to defend as they have plenty of time to pack their area and mark our players.
Up the tempo and the league is ours.

Game should have been over by half time,2nd half we just dropped the intensity.
Struggling to pick my MOTM.
Totally agree mate. Had we converted the first half chances, it would have been 3 points at a canter. Disappointing outcome. Still top of the pile though, so small mercy's I guess.

Why are we trying to walk the ball into the net utterly frustrating have a fuckin shot at the bastard goal does my feckin brain in aaaggghhh!!!!!

Back