Rangers v Motherwell august 98

Dylanbear

Took my wee brother to this game, Last minute winner, Was the day of the omagh bombing, This was his last Gers game before becoming a turncoat, Still gutted with him.

Seems it was, Maybe just his home debut. Didn’t realise he only played for us 22 times.

There was always this debate as to whether Advocaat really wanted him in the first place. He did give him a chance to some extent. Adcocaat hated the way Hendry hit long balls from the back.

There was always this debate as to whether Advocaat really wanted him in the first place. He did give him a chance to some extent. Adcocaat hated the way Hendry hit long balls from the back.
Did the story not come out a while later that it was Murray who actually signed him ?

Did the story not come out a while later that it was Murray who actually signed him ?

Yep, which ties in with Advocaat not liking his style of play (you'd assume Advocaat would have been well aware of that but perhaps thought he could adapt). On the other hand, I do remember reading that Advocaat was interested in him whilst manager of PSV but did find that hard to believe.

We had lost at Hearts the week before so remember being relieved to get the win.

Was my mums 40th birthday that day, we were away somewhere for the day, remember getting back into the car and getting the radio on just as we scored the winner

That's great to see again. What a cracking player Rod Wallace was for us. Never gets much of a mention really nowadays when we're all looking back but always done the business for us.

How does one go from being at Ibrox to becoming a rancid mentally challenged bastard?

I find that interesting, tbh.
Tbh Crouchy, I think he is now regretting it. I told everyone at his wedding in august while I was drunk. He wasn’t to pleased.

He said because of his pals at the time, He doesn’t even see any of them now, Wee mentally challenged rats.

Reason I ask is because a pal of mine at primary school back in the early 60's went the opposite way. His dad and brother (same religious persuasion as us) were really big celtic supporters. All of a sudden this lad starts going to Ibrox and became a really genuine Rangers fan. Another one of my pals whom I met at secondary school also went the opposite way from his dad who used to take him to Parkhead when he was a wee boy. As soon as he was able to go to the football by himself it was to Ibrox. He is now well into his 60's but still travels hundreds of miles for our home games and is one of the best Rangers supporters I have ever known.

Last edited:
Back