Match Thread ** Rangers v Motherwell - BetFred Cup Semi Final - BT Sports **

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
Twf5mDl.png

Last edited:
Motherwell on an identical run of form. This could be an awkward game if we're not right on it.

I hope we start fast and go at them early.

A Good solid defensive display and win 2-0.
Alfredo back scoring and actually think Bruno will score also.
In attendance in West stand with friends and family.

They’re going to be up for it, but there’s no way we shouldn’t run out comfortable winners. 2-0 to us

A win of any shape and form is all that's required and I believe we'll get one. Also, Morelos to get his name back on the score sheet in the process.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Big game for us, victory is a must for the club and the fans.

Mon the Gers, just do it, give us a final to look forward to.

A Good solid defensive display and win 2-0.
Alfredo back scoring and actually think Bruno will score also.
In attendance in West stand with friends and family.
Morelos is already on a booking in the cup, needs to make sure he doesn't pick up a card tomorrow, but I bet he does.

Interesting stat with him. Played 29 times for Helsinki in the last year or so , no bookings. Played 11 domestic games for Rangers, 4 bookings.

A few stats v Motherwell.

All four of Motherwell's goals v Rangers since the start of last season have stemmed from crossed balls.

Rangers scored five goals in the last 10 minutes of games against Motherwell last season.

Daniel Candeias and Richard Tait have the highest number of crosses per game in the league (6.99 and 5.73).

Motherwell have beaten Rangers just three times since the turn of the millennium, including a 6-1 aggregate victory in the 2014/2015 Championship play-off.

A few stats v Motherwell.

All four of Motherwell's goals v Rangers since the start of last season have stemmed from crossed balls.

Rangers scored five goals in the last 10 minutes of games against Motherwell last season.

Daniel Candeias and Richard Tait have the highest number of crosses per game in the league (6.99 and 5.73).

Motherwell have beaten Rangers just three times since the turn of the millennium, including a 6-1 aggregate victory in the 2014/2015 Championship play-off.

We have enough quality to see off Scumwell tomorrow, big crowd behind us as well, don't think I'll be far out when I say, 3-1 to The Rangers.

WE are are a much better and fitter side now than we were. I expect a comfortable win. Cutting out cross balls into our box can only benefit us

We have enough quality to see off Scumwell tomorrow, big crowd behind us as well, don't think I'll be far out when I say, 3-1 to The Rangers.

Indeed we do and I don't think you will be mate.

Fancy us for the 2-0, another clean sheet see confidence high and get higher.

Just win for us Rangers.

I feel we are slowly starting to play better.
Before last 2 away games I would have taken any win but to win both by a few goals was excellent.
Fancy us to edge it 2-1.

2-1 to the Gers but it wont be comfortable, I expect a right good cup tie.
I will be watching from the North stand.

Really looking forward to this one, two teams who will go right at each other. We need to be on form, but have a sneaky feeling we'll come good and win 3-1

Can see 2 changes from the team that beat St Johnstone with Alnwick and Jack replacing Wes and Holt.

I think it will be a hard fought game where Motherwell will see their best chance of winning by getting down our left side and launching it at Moult.

3-2 Rangers

Looking forward to tomorrow. feeling positive.....and really really hope we do it. Can't be bothered with the negativity and Manager is a dud and needs to go chat if we lose.

think this may go to penalties on sunday,, then its anyones game,, ,hopefully the same outcome as the last penalty shoot out for us there

A tough game but we simply have to turn up, show the same desire as they do and if we do we will win.

A huge Rangers support will hopefully inspire the team so we will all go home happy.

Looking forward to this - just do it Bears.

I anticipate a very tough and, possibly, exciting match. Reckon we will see plenty goalmouth action and, if I'm honest, could see it going either way.

We bring anything approaching our best and we win. Anything less and it's a battle.

I think this game will be decided on the midfield , we have the better players as long as they turn up . 2 -0 to us.

Agree 2-0 to Glasgow Rangers,good confidence builder.also a better game than the hivs,septic "love-in"today.

Looking forward to this game..you dont realise how much you miss it,until theres a big gap between games:)

Hi guys. Advice needed. I've made a bit of a rash promise to an 85 year old bear who hasn't been to a game for nearly 20 years. He's in a wheelchair and, in a rush of blood to the head, I promised him I'd take him to the final when (naturally) we beat Motherwell tomorrow. I'm in the CCCS scheme and I'm likely (I hope) to get a ticket. Anyone know how I go about arranging for the old guy to have a seat in the disabled section? His eyes lit up and I'm shitting myself now that I let him down.

Thanks in advance.

I expect a win. Might even be a few goals for us, tomorrow. Be interesting to see how Pedro sets us up.
Just do them, 'Gers.

Tomorrow's massive. I believe a win would net Pedro's first three games on a trot? Anyone?

More importantly, it puts in a final against the tims and we owe those fucks a doing.

I'm wondering if we will play a slightly different formation tomorrow to allow for the expected aerial bombardment from Motherwell?
Perhaps McCrorie for Windass to give more height in the defence?
When McCrorie came on against St.Johnstone did he not play in front of the back 4?

Back