Match Thread ** Rangers v Motherwell - BetFred Cup Semi Final - BT Sports **

It's a Timmy, mentally challenged trait to blame the referee when you don't win, they done it for years, the facts of the matter are, we are a poor side managed by a guy who is hopelessly out of his depth, a guy we plucked from a mid table Qatari side ffs.

We would be in a better position to move forward as a club if we binned him and started again, won't make a blind bit of difference in regards to winning the title anyway just now.

The decision in the Hibs game that changed it was literally changed upon review.

Our goalkeeper created more chances for us in the first half than the rest of the team ffs! We played with 10 for an hour, pena was non existent after a good performance last week, and dont have any striking options, morelos is it!
If we had moult next him rather than herrera we are completely different team.
As for Pedro, I really want him to succeed but I just cant see it:(:(

I agree with the Alnwick point....first half his distribution was superb and a great save....one poor attempt to punch a corner and Craigan, Sutton et al are giving it "play your first choice keeper".

Undoubtedly cost us the first goal.... which it's almost irrelevant because Rangers never looked like scoring today. We're persisting with the dud Pena based on some exceptionally fleeting appearances. Morelos' finishing appears to be regressing too which is a feature of many players post Walter

Let’s face it there are a lot more people at the club than the manager and a lot of the players who just have not got what it takes to move a club like Rangers forward, from top to bottom the club is riddled with people who show no real desire to fight our corner against what can only be described as all out war.

Ignoring the way Steven McLean chose to marshall todays game could be seen as a stubbornness, js. surely you can't be serious that the ref was fair today, he simply was not.

The ref had a shocker, that's for sure. He totally lost control of the match.

Having said that, he could have sent off Alves as well as Moult and Bowman today. He was just dreadful.

We lost because we can't score in big games and Motherwell had a guy who is just a talented and natural out and out finisher. We still don't have one of them. Morelos isn't that guy, and neither are Peña and Herrera.

Referee was a cheat without a doubt but if you think we deserved something from the game fair enough but IMHO we got what we deserved which was nothing.

True we were awful in front of their goal and wasted numerous chances but my friend if you agree as I do about the match officials then we did not deserve what we got, these ridiculous decisions shaped their win in that had they done their job Motherwell or the players they should have had left would have been defending to the hilt!

It's looking like the £4m spent on Pena and Herrera is not going to work out. Pena is undoubtedly a good finisher if he gets a chance in the box but his overall play is poor. He lacks vision, he's weak in the tackle and he struggles to make basic passes. We need much more from our no.10 in general play. Unfortunately Moult is everything we hoped Herrera would be.

There's far too much pressure on Morelos to score. We need more goals from out wide which we are not getting. Candeias does his role well as a creator but we really need goals from Windass. He gets in good positions but he just cannot finish.

I am desperate for Pedro to succeed but i'm afraid he doesn't have many lifelines left.

You are spot on.

I agree with the Alnwick point....first half his distribution was superb and a great save....one poor attempt to punch a corner and Craigan, Sutton et al are giving it "play your first choice keeper".

Undoubtedly cost us the first goal.... which it's almost irrelevant because Rangers never looked like scoring today. We're persisting with the dud Pena based on some exceptionally fleeting appearances. Morelos' finishing appears to be regressing too which is a feature of many players post Walter

He just seems to be stuck up top himself mate, a 21 year old boy trying to carry a team doesn't work. His workrate cant be faulted either

Well, out of another competition we shouldn't be. Another piss poor performance. The passion the manager has does not match his ability and I am sorry. No more time from me.

Second half we were very poor.

Alnwick showed why he's a back up (and made a lot of people on here who think Wes is a bombscare look stupid).

Jack is nowhere near as good as people think he is.

The referee was utterly appalling and it's time someone from our club came out and said something about it. I've said this far too many times before though and I know we'll continue with the dignified silence.

Overall it wasn't good enough but I'm still with Pedro.

I thought Alnwick had a decent game barring the first goal. The second was simply a superb finish. Made some good saves and his distribution was superb. With a run of games he could be our number 1. Was has made a number of mistakes and his kicking is poor

Playing with words? No, what you said was incorrect so I corrected it.

I’m not sure if he’d be a good foil for Morelos, who’s to say he’d manage the step up? Our midfield have created little to nothing for our main striker in 4 games so maybe he’d struggle with that? Maybe he’d struggle with the ref not allowing him to exert himself in a blue jersey?

Basic point is, it’s piss easy to make statements like that with hindsight, like we should have signed Hartson, Mooy etc

This is the big question and we know the answer is no!

We missed numerous good chances. I've long since lost patience with Windass & wish we'd a natural replacement. Alnwick sold 2 soft goals. But McLean was the facilitator. Like Beaton, he lost control early on. 'Well knew what they'd get away with. Job done.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Brenda is getting 2.3 million per year from the scum. Pedro is on nearly 900k. There is your difference. We have to match it or pay at least 1.5 million a year on a good manager that knows how to fucking manage a team. How much is Robinson on? Not even half what Pedro is on. His team budget not even a quarter of what we have. But for some reason he can get his team winning. %^*& me are we way behind, again.

I think a parting of ways with Pedro could be best for everyone.

He has every right to be angered by the extra man the opposition have, however, he’s still making tactical gaffs. And the whole sideshow with the media desperately kicking him when he’s down is completely unnecessary and a needless distraction, that’s not his fault, but regardless it won’t change, especially as long as our board sit with their thumb up their arse allowing it to happen.

He just seems to be stuck up top himself mate, a 21 year old boy trying to carry a team doesn't work. His workrate cant be faulted either

Agree and not blaming Morelos. Working his heart out whilst being targeted by the opposition in every game. But the lack of goals has to be a worry and, as I said, it's alarming how we fail to take players onto the next level.

I genuinely can't remember the last player who we developed, left better and for a profit. McLeod maybe

I don't think drastic changes are required.

If windass puts away the chances he got when he got them we're talking about a different game.

We were better than them in that match.... But they took their chances.

It's that simple.

BBC Scotland radio blaming our manager for losing his temper after the unpunished assault on his player...

Barely a mention of the incident otherwise.

They all seem tickety-boo.
They reckon Moult should have went and our team and manager completely lost the plot when we were still in the game at 1-0! This poor f*cking us story is wearing thin! That is our level today and it isn't likely to change with this team and this manager!

Ally should have no opinion to make on any rangers manager.
To be honest you want your manager in the dug out. Comment needs to come from someone else in the club and quickly. If Pedro opens his mouth they will happily ban him

I don't think drastic changes are required.

If windass puts away the chances he got when he got them we're talking about a different game.

We were better than them in that match.... But they took their chances.

It's that simple.

If we hadn't hit the crossbar in injury time away to Progres, we would have gone through

Losing a bit of heart my friends,A club like ours with far better resources and a fare bit more cash than all the rest bar the Oinks and when it comes to the players on the park we are no better than the Motherwells of this league.

The ref had a shocker, that's for sure. He totally lost control of the match.

Having said that, he could have sent off Alves as well as Moult and Bowman today. He was just dreadful.

We lost because we can't score in big games and Motherwell had a guy who is just a talented and natural out and out finisher. We still don't have one of them. Morelos isn't that guy, and neither are Peña and Herrera.

Can't argue with much of that, although a bit 50/50 as far as Morelos is concerned.

I think Pena has pushed him out of sync this past month, Pena scored some lucky goals and Morelos is giving him too much of what should be his space, imo, Morelos is tougher, more accurate and has better instinct and instinct is paramount in a striker.

Terrible performance

Alnwick 1 - we can put this “better than Wes” pish to bed, too slow in distribution and the second goal was pathetic

Tavenier 5 - not good but not the worst

Cardoso 5 - ok

Alves 3 - awful largely and mad for the kick out

John 4 - tried hard but often slack

Jack 2 - goalline clearance aside he was abysmal

Dorrans 3 - game passed him by.... two biggest games of the season have done

Windass 3 - folllows good play with pish shooting, needs to step up or be dropped fast

Pena 1 - nowhere

Candeias 6 - did well in spells but his decisions to shoot were awful

Morelos 7 - worked hard and was unlucky - no protection from the ref

Subs
Mccrorie 6 - did well
Herrera 3 - tried to introduce muscle but too late
Nemane 1 - cost the second goal with slackness, dalcio was written off for less

Caixinha - 3 - allowed team to be dragged into a knuckle fight we couldn’t and wouldn’t be allowed to win

Referee & linesmen - 0
Missed/were lenient on at least 10’elbows for moult and bowman inc a broken nose
Allowed late challenges or dangerous challenges to go time and time again

We seem to be clueless in possession unless it’s a counter attack. We just give the ball away or play at snails pace and go back to the keeper. There is no rhythm.

Jack, Dorrans and Pena were terrible today. Surprising from Jack who has been excellent. Dorrans has been inconsistent and Pena is no use if we are just going to blooter it forward.

Motherwell were every bit as good as us and I see we had 44% possession.

People saying had we took our chances we'd have won. How long as Pedro been in charge? 8 months? And under his management we have not won 3 fucking matches in a row. Yes... Let that sink in. We're in October going into November soon and we still can't win three games in a row. It's Pedro's fault for that abysmal form. We should have buried those dorty bastards today, but wr didn't. We're an average team. Simple as that. That is not the remit for any Rangers manager. He was given more funds that the scum and we still struggle? What's it going to take, getting pumped of the sheep? We just lost to a team in motherwell who have a team that doesn't even cost a million pounds to assemble. Something is going badly wrong at Rangers!

This shite all about on the BBC website, Not a mention of Moults kick at Alves

Bruno Alves is going about trying to kick Louis Moult.

The Portugal defender has been owned by the Motherwell striker and can't handle it.

On my way home, its over for him.

All the posturing on the side lines when his own team cant battle.

Yes, he's finished now. Persistent failure shouldn't be tolerated at a club like Rangers.

Anyone that thinks he's going to turn it around has been seduced by the chest-thumping and animated touchline behaviour. It's results that count not posturing and Pedro Caixinha can't provide us with results. We need to find someone who can.

£3m for Pena but refused to pay £1m for Walker.

Time for him to go, along with King. We're going nowhere under the current regime.

We missed numerous good chances. I've long since lost patience with Windass & wish we'd a natural replacement. Alnwick sold 2 soft goals. But McLean was the facilitator. Like Beaton, he lost control early on. 'Well knew what they'd get away with. Job done.

My feelings exactly. Windass has absolutely no right to be in our first team squad, I said it earlier but he is a spineless U20 standard player, say what you like, but every match he advances to an opposition player then sh!ts it, lays the ball back or carbs it sideways. Never in a million years the standard of player we need when teams are going to play thug against us.

Pedro spoke of showing a different face on Wednesday. I wonder if this means attitude or if it means more ie personnel and or tactics.
We're definitely lacking a bit of quality in our play. Some ball into the box and finishes leave a lot to be desired. We're not executing tactics well enough. What Pedro decides to do now is very important.

Losing a bit of heart my friends,A club like ours with far better resources and a fare bit more cash than all the rest bar the Oinks and when it comes to the players on the park we are no better than the Motherwells of this league.
Worse, turns out they are better.

Also, Motherwell will give them more if a game than we would have. That's how bad we are.

The better team won. The ref was terrible but we should be able to beat Motherwell. Pena is never going to cut it in the huff and puff of Scottish football. Alves was poor, Dorrans & Jack missing, Windass was terrible.

This is Pedros team and tactics. Not good enough. He has to go. King must appoint a new manager because we are going nowhere with this guy in charge. Shame as he is a nice man. Rangers just to big for him.

Aw shut up ffs when we bossed the game Hartley should have been sent off in truth they could have lost another two men includes Moult who should have been off before his second! Albeit we did terrible in front of goal today but something must be said about the consistent assaults on our players who receive no protection whatsoever it is out of control and allowed to happen game after game!

The thing is terrible refereeing decisions are nothing new. The difference is when they happened before we had a team capable of overcoming the odds and still getting the result. The semi final against the filth when Robertson was sent off after 6 minutes, or the 9 man league cup final win spring to mind.

I feel too much is being made of bad referees and is being used to defend the failings of our manager. We can't win 3 games in a row FFS. How many games do we lose goals in just after half time? Yes the ref was bad today but so were we.

Back